A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 60
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Branching Out scarf knit-along  (Read 63523 times)
Tags for this thread: scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HotRock
« Reply #420 on: September 30, 2005 09:35:01 PM »

Would it be kosher to modify this pattern into a baby blanket? I think it would look really nice...

The only thing I would worry about is that little fingers and toes might get all caught up in the holes in the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
francie pants
« Reply #421 on: October 01, 2005 06:50:22 AM »

it would make a gorgeous lap quilt if you can get it really well blocked.  i'm in a slump with my branchy cowl..... with the onset of fall, i've returned to my beloved sewing machine.  i'll never get that monster finished
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Darian
The standard snowflake.

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 01, 2005 08:32:39 PM »

Would it be kosher to modify this pattern into a baby blanket? I think it would look really nice...

The only thing I would worry about is that little fingers and toes might get all caught up in the holes in the pattern.

My mum taught me agaes ago that babies tend to like putting their fingers through the holes in blankets; certainly my little nephews were constantly doing it with the blankets I knitted for them. A security thing, I guess. So far, no problems on that front (THANK GOODNESS). Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it! --Elwood Blues
churchofdisco
« Reply #423 on: October 05, 2005 05:35:41 AM »

i'm fixing to start this as soon as my silky wool gets here. i can't wait to knit something more than just garter and stockinette.

i think it would be really sweet as a baby blanket for a newborn. they really don't move around too much for the first two or three months anyways. though i'm not sure how much warmth lace is going to give.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nevermore
« Reply #424 on: October 22, 2005 02:59:43 PM »

I just started Branching Out in red Silky Wool for a friend of the family's christmas present, and another one in a pinkish red silk for me.  Reading through this thread has been very very helpful - I didn't have to rip back at all, but the lifelines are still a good safety measure.

I'll post some pictures when I've got a bit more of each scarf done (I'm at about 5 repeats on the Silky Wool one, and about 4 on the other silk one).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Etsy Shop - http://www.nevermore.etsy.com
Amethyst
« Reply #425 on: October 26, 2005 03:58:53 AM »

I made one of these with a blue with rainbow-multi bits yarn, and it was hard for me to see the pattern. It still looks lovely, though, and I thought it was just because it was quite thick at some points.

I'm doing another in white acrylic, and the pattern still isn't coming out as nice as most people have it. Am I doing something wrong? Is the yarn just too thick?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

allisone

a plum, floating in perfume, served in a man's hat

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 26, 2005 04:04:39 AM »

Amethyst,
There was some discussion a few pages back about yarnovers. Seems if you do them incorrectly (like I had been doing) the lace pattern doesn't pop out. Just a shot- but you might want to check it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amethyst
« Reply #427 on: October 26, 2005 04:13:58 AM »

You mean where it says that yo just means "bring the yarn to the front" and not "bring yarn to the front and knit one"? I'm definitely doing the former, not the latter. Unless you mean something else that I'm not seeing. Thanks for your help, by the way.  Grin

Edit: I've been doing yo's wrong. I learned how to do them with the Knit This! DVD, and it tells you to wrap it the other way from what knittinghelp.com says. Blech.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005 04:21:20 AM by Amethyst » THIS ROCKS   Logged

allisone

a plum, floating in perfume, served in a man's hat

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 26, 2005 04:26:24 AM »

ahhh good, (looks like you were editing while I was typing to you).
Hope that helps, it should open up the lace pattern quite a bit. I bet it will be yummy in that yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kibblesandknits

My LYS is located at the back of my bedroom closet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: October 27, 2005 09:07:52 AM »

Here is mine, I saw this on Knitty a few months ago when I picked up my sticks again and knew I had to try it.  It was my first attempt at lace, and it was pretty easy to knit.  I used a pale yellow acrylic yarn (looked like baby yarn, can't remember now) and was thinking if I made a bunch of these and quilted the pieces together, it would make a cool cover for something.

When I find a nicer yarn, I am definitely making another, longer one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 60 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Fabric Paints
How to Take Off Fabric Paints
How to Make an Opaque Glass Painting
How to Paint a Wine Glass
How to Apply Transparent Glass Paints
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...