A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 304,868
Currently Running With Scissors:
354 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 60
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Branching Out scarf knit-along  (Read 63526 times)
Tags for this thread: scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: May 12, 2005 04:15:09 PM »

Arameal- I love the color on that!! I can't wait to see it as you get more done!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
justlease
« Reply #251 on: May 12, 2005 04:20:12 PM »

oooh, pretty pretty....arameal!

If the new colors start in weird places in your repeats, you could always cut the yarn and join it where a color change would be more appropriate...but then that involves weaving in ends and ugh...nevermind.  Ignore me.  I'm all hopped up on too much coffee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tell me, are you a badfish too?

scattered-knitting.blogspot.com
justlease
« Reply #252 on: May 12, 2005 07:23:55 PM »

I'm thinking chenille might not be your best choice for this, since it's too fluffy generally for you to get good definiition with your lace.  Plus, it's hard to rip chenille and not have all the fibers fall out when you mess up, and you WILL mess up.  Everyone does.  I'd say forgo using it unless you're a masochist. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tell me, are you a badfish too?

scattered-knitting.blogspot.com
poordumbbird

i was a kaleidoscope

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 14, 2005 10:33:20 AM »

I finished mine a while ago but am only adding a pic now!

Can't decide to block it or not (its not pure wool but blocking usually helps anyway)

ehhh...my hair isnt usually so skanky either
THIS ROCKS   Logged
francie pants
« Reply #254 on: May 14, 2005 11:34:28 AM »

mine is blocking as we speak.  i'm SO stoked at how this turned out!!!!  was my first lace knitting attempt and it gave me so much confidence.  i used this interesting purple yarn i found at the thrift store.  i got 3 huge balls of it for 1.95.  i made one big rabbit doll(last minute gifts book) and this scarf from just one ball.   i think its some sort of wool.  its 3 thin strands of yarn, 2 purple and 1 thats black/purple/and random rainbow specs.  hopefully it won't end up being to big of a yarn that it swallows most of the detail.  but so far it looks good Smiley  i was never a spring scarf kinda girl cuz scarves tend to get left behind at the bar in my experience.  so we'll give this one a try.  i fuggered it up in the middle, but i figured that part is behind my dreads so no one but me will no the difference.  pic to follow after it dries.  beautiful work girls!!!!!!!!!!!!  y'all inspire me to push myself past what i think i can do.  now to convince my husband i need a nice brown blazer to go with it.  poor guy got this neglected look in his eyes every time i picked it up to work on.  he kept trying to be kind and cuddly which almost always resulted in making me screw up my counting.  duder had a hard time accepting he couldn't touch me when i was working.  thank god for grandma's old row counters!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PrincessJazz
« Reply #255 on: May 14, 2005 01:23:41 PM »

I tried to block mine (even though I think the yarn is acrylic - I got it at a thrift store).  It opened up the lace a bit but it still sort of folds/curls in on itself.  Not too badly though.  I really like it. 

My brother took pics on his digital camera but he's away for the weekend so I'll get them sometime next week.

Jazz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: May 14, 2005 01:37:15 PM »

poordumbbird, your scarf is so very gorgeous!!  Love that lush green.  So pretty.  What yarn did you use?

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
donutgirl
I'm Glazed!

Save your forks, there's pie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: May 14, 2005 04:57:12 PM »

16 repeats down, about 20 more to go. Yay!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005 05:00:54 PM by donutgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bespectacled
« Reply #258 on: May 14, 2005 10:55:44 PM »

wow dountgirl, i love it in black! beautiful <3
my scarf has been so SLOW, as i have been working on 50 million other things but everytime i come back to see your guys scarves, i want to pick mine back up... great job everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
pie
« Reply #259 on: May 15, 2005 12:40:18 AM »

donutgirl - What yarn are you using? It shows the lace beautifully!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 60 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Remove Acne Spots in Photoshop
How to Enhance Breast Size in Photoshop
How to Make a Little Planet Effect in Photoshop
How to Make a Multi Colored Eye in Photoshop
How to Isolate Colors in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...