A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,865
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 60
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Branching Out scarf knit-along  (Read 63516 times)
Tags for this thread: scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kadreath

best sweater.....ever

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 04, 2005 10:04:48 AM »

justlease, it's lovely!  did you enjoy working with the Silky wool?  i thought it was faboo.  I had a great suprise when i stopped by the LYS on monday and they had Silky wool for 40% off!!  i think i'm gonna make about 7 of these scarves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rincaro
« Reply #221 on: May 04, 2005 10:11:48 AM »

I'm doing mine in Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Khaki. It's really a nice pale sage green though. Here's a pic with 9 repeats.... I'm now finished with 34. Just have about two more and then blocking and then shipping it off to Ohio for my mommy for M-Day!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
justlease
« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2005 10:33:04 AM »

Kadreath---  Yes indeed, I adored the Silky Wool as I was workin' it.   It's really splendid yarn.  And it's seriously perfect for this pattern, since when you're tired and you're messing up and have to frog, it doesn't stick to itself, etc. 

I am totally jealous that your LYS has it in stock and practically half price, to boot.  Mine doesn't.  I had to order it online.  I'm about to get some more though, since I'm going to try my hand at designing a scarf using an old lace pattern from the 1800's.  (I'm evidently a masochist.)  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tell me, are you a badfish too?

scattered-knitting.blogspot.com
Pynn
« Reply #223 on: May 04, 2005 02:07:07 PM »

rincaro   : Mine is exactly like yours!!  but i mess up 3 times all in row 7 th  Undecided

« Last Edit: May 04, 2005 02:08:48 PM by Pynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged
crabby
Tall, crabby, crafty.

This dog rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: May 04, 2005 04:03:49 PM »

Crabby, your scarf is really pretty-- very versatile for any season.  How is working with cotton?  Does it split?  I can't wait to see your finished scarf!

My first B.O. scarf had tons of mistakes.  I was just glad I survived the experience of knitting lace for the first time.  For my third B.O. I'm using a lifeline (Thanks for the idea, poordumbbird) and am able to rip out any mistakes.  I also wrote out the pattern on spiral-bound index cards, one row per page and highlighted lines in different colors. 
Thanks Sewer Rat!  So far, the cotton has been easy to work with.  It has the potential to split pretty badly, but it hasn't been a problem (yet!).  I've finished a few more repeats, and the cotton is growing on me.  The pattern is definitely becoming more obvious, and should improve after blocking, too.  Still, I think that the Silky Wool version is my favorite. I'm going to look up how to do a lifeline today - they seem like a real lifesaver for lace projects!

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this yet or not, but if you color code your chart, it makes it even easier to deal with.  I printed my chart bigger (just opened the chart image in photoshop and resized it and printed it from there) and using colored pencils, colored each kind of stitch a different color. 

It made a WORLD of difference, let me tell ya.
OMG - that is such a fantastic idea!  Colored pens got me through college - I can't believe that I didn't think of using colored pencils (or even different color highlighter pens).  Thanks for passing along the tip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: May 04, 2005 05:10:32 PM »

justlease yours looks PERFECT!!! I love the color! WOAD! Grin

rincaro: yours is turning out lovely as well! I am going to get some silky wool & make one for my mom's b-day gift as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
DeadRedhead
« Reply #226 on: May 04, 2005 05:36:28 PM »

A friend gave me a couple of skeins to knit things her, and one of them is a blue, green, and purple varigated number. I'm thinking about using it for this, but I wonder if the color is going to compete with the pattern. I guess I'll just have to try it out and see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lili
« Reply #227 on: May 04, 2005 05:41:22 PM »

how did i miss this thread!

i have 5 hours of flying in my near future, is it too late to join?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elysium
« Reply #228 on: May 04, 2005 06:13:16 PM »

I'm using the silky wool and just getting into the groove of the pattern. I've done about three repeats. (I'm only surviving because I started using lifelines - or 'save points' as the boy likes to call them.)
Did anyone else find that the scarf was kinda lumpy before blocking? Maybe I'm knitting some kinds of stitches tighter than others? Maybe I should take a photo. anyways, just wondering id anyone else had this happen, and if blocking got rid of it.

Woo Hoo branching out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justlease
« Reply #229 on: May 04, 2005 08:03:23 PM »

Worthwhilegirl.... thank you. Smiley

Elysium....no, mine wasn't lumpy, and I used the silky wool.   Blocking definitely flattens it out though.  Can you take a pic of it?

Lili....join right in.  I think everyone is enjoying seeing all the different looks with different yarns!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tell me, are you a badfish too?

scattered-knitting.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 60 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set Dusk/Dawn Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Delete Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Custom White Balance Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Copy Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Macro/Close-up Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...