A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,101
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 60
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Branching Out scarf knit-along  (Read 65911 times)
Tags for this thread: scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2005 09:41:38 AM »

I worked up to 8 repeats last night & my yarn is cascade 220 which is a worsted weight. I am using size 6 needles & curling isn't an issue for me either. It actually seems to flatten out more the more rows I do (I guess it's the weight of it).

This is a great intro to lace (for me at least) it is not as horrible as I thought & it is so great to have this thread to come back to. I love seeing everyone's progress & yarn choices.

Thanks for the compliment beebiz! It is bluebell & I love it too! Esp. with this pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
Shmooey
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2005 02:50:49 PM »

Eeeck. I think i am a slow knitter. I timed myself just now, and it takes me 26 minutes to do one repeat of the lace..... How fast are you guys going? I feel really dumb that im going so slow. Will take me 11 hours and 15 minutes, at this rate! ack!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
donutgirl
I'm Glazed!

Save your forks, there's pie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2005 03:15:44 PM »

I love the idea of using it as a table runner! I might steal that from you, since I don't really need another scarf

I haven't started mine yet.. I wasn't happy w/ the idea of using the kidsilk haze for it, I want something a bit thicker.  But I don't know what yet.  Hopefully something from my stash..

Everyones scarves look beautiful!

Pie, what yarn are you using? I love it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jacqui
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2005 03:42:35 PM »

Everybody's scarves look so good! I love seeing the progress.  Smiley

Okay, I finally got the scarf going after abandoning the written directions and attempting the chart. It's my first lace project, and I've never followed a chart before except for colorwork. But I'm so glad I did because it's a lot easier! I got 7 repeats done so far, here's my progress:

I'm using Red Heart Soft Baby in Angel Print with size 7 needles. It's lying pretty flat for me. I haven't had a chance to time how long it takes me to do a full repeat yet, but I'm gonna do that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sewer Rat
Fabric will be my downfall!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2005 05:05:41 PM »

Please tell me that a beginner could handle this!  Everyone's doing such a great job!  Pleeeze.  dear.  god.  ughhhhhhh.  I love this scarf!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Organ donation rocks!  Recycle, reuse!
donutgirl
I'm Glazed!

Save your forks, there's pie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2005 05:18:40 PM »

Ok I have gone through the stash and I am going to use Rowan 4 ply cotton in Marine

Must get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jacqui
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2005 06:06:45 PM »

Please tell me that a beginner could handle this!  Everyone's doing such a great job!  Pleeeze.  dear.  god.  ughhhhhhh.  I love this scarf!

I think a beginner could do this. It takes a few tries to get started, but it's a really good scarf to make as a first lace project. It's my frst lace knitting too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2005 06:26:20 PM »

Please tell me that a beginner could handle this! Everyone's doing such a great job! Pleeeze. dear. god. ughhhhhhh. I love this scarf!

I think it is perfect for a beginner! I have neer done lace either & this has been a great intro!

Shmooey- it takes me about 20 mins so don't feel too bad! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2005 06:36:06 PM »

A question: 

I've noticed that the cast-on edge tends to kinda pinch in.  Do you know what I'm talking about?  Instead of edge of the scarf looking all straight as an arrow, like the ones that are shown in the Knitty's pattern, everyone's scarf here (including mine) regardless of the type of yarn used kinda. . .pinches in (man, that creative writing degree of mine really worked out for me.  wow.)

Anyhoo, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on this was.  Do you plan on blocking it and stretching it out to make a straight edge?  Or are you going to leave it as is?  I don't know what I plan to do.  There are some times I look at it and think that it looks prettier just the way it is, all pinchy.  And then there are other times where I think it looks stupid.  I.  Don't.  Know.   Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
Shmooey
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2005 06:38:57 PM »

I dont know how i feel about the bend in the end of the scarf either. The ones on Knitty dont have it because they blocked theirs... Mine is a cotton yarn though so im not sure if its fixable. Can you block cotton and acrylic?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 60 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...