A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,654
Currently Running With Scissors:
383 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 60
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Branching Out scarf knit-along  (Read 70078 times)
Tags for this thread: scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elysium
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2005 05:34:49 PM »

I'm joining! I cast on yesterday using the silky wool. At first I had some trouble with the YO because I thought that when YO was in the pattern it included a knit stitch. So instead of just doing the yarn over, every time I saw  YO I was doing a yarn over and a knit stitch. It wasn't too long before I realised that this left me with way too many stitiches. Now it's going slow but steady.

Everyone's scarfs are beatiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2005 06:52:59 PM »

Worthwhilegirl, you were so made to be in a Pantene Pro-V commercial.  You have such shiny, pretty hair!  I'm soooo jealous.

And I really like that color you chose for you scarf.  A very lovely blue indeed!  Great job!

Smiley

And somebody asked if mohair could be blocked or something.   Yes, it can and I personally find that mohair is a little more forgiving when it comes to mistakes.  And since blocking makes the detail of the lace really stand out, it will make the mistakes a bit more pronounced but unless you REALLY screwed, if all you are worried about is like a YO too many, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Hope this helps.  And to everyone else, keep those finished Branching out scarves a-comin'!  Can't get enough, I tell ya.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2005 06:56:53 PM by daria » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
italian101
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2005 02:52:15 AM »

I am a little late, but I have finally started to make some progress on my scarf.  I was one of those who joined the knitalong so excited and enthusiastic and, five frogging sessions and restarts later, had to put the project aside for a while.  But I am back, with a more positive outlook, and several repeats later.  I figured if I posted a progress pic I couldn't back out completely--I have to finish now.  So, here it is:

It looks like a mess but I am hoping with some blocking it will improve.  Ok, back to the chart...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2005 06:33:50 AM »

Italian101 that looks great!!  What yarn/color is it (it is so hard to tell on computers sometimes)? I frogged mine a few times as well but I SWEAR it gets easier as you get more comfortable with the pattern!! Keep up the good work!!

Thanks again Daria! Maybe I will send that pic to pantene & see if I can get some work!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
justlease
« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2005 07:06:39 AM »

Here's a section of mine, in the Silky Wool:

Only 9 more repeats to go.  It's a rainy day in Boston, the boy is out of town (so no interruptions) and I have nowhere I have to be, so I'm hoping to finish today and get it blocking.

I wonder if anyone else is playing Beat the Clock with their repeats.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tell me, are you a badfish too?

scattered-knitting.blogspot.com
italian101
« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2005 10:16:23 AM »

Italian101 that looks great!!  What yarn/color is it (it is so hard to tell on computers sometimes)? I frogged mine a few times as well but I SWEAR it gets easier as you get more comfortable with the pattern!! Keep up the good work!

Thanks worthwhilegirl!  The yarn I used is Jaeger Matchmaker Merino DK color 878 which is a rust red.  It does seem to be getting easier (knock on wood) but any distraction in the middle of a charted row equals a mistake.  Must concentrate.  Thanks again for the encouragement! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
socksforphlox

Livin' the dream

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: May 02, 2005 07:49:18 AM »

Looks like I've got the same exact Silky Wool as socksforphlox ...color #10 which I think is called Woad and is a lovely soft medium faded denimish blue.  (Woad?  What the heck is a woad?) 

Yay for Silky Wool!  The colour that I used is called Granite, but I am experiencing serious jealousy at the sight of your Woad!!  I am already searching out DK patterns so I can use more Silky Wool... I think the raglan body-hugging sweater from Sally Melville's The Purl Stitch would be oh-so-soft and ribby in this.

Oh, and you actually made me blush... thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My knitting blog: Random Wooly Thoughts
justlease
« Reply #207 on: May 02, 2005 08:46:27 AM »

I absolutely cannot believe how long it took me yesterday to finish this.  I kept screwing up and having to frog rows upon rows since I was determined not to have any mistakes in the lace.  The first 2/3 went swimmingly...and then I suddenly forgot how to knit, or maybe just started suffering from overconfidence.  But it's done! 

I'm doing the same thing, socksforphlox...looking for other DK patterns I can use Silky Wool for...I'm in love with the stuff.  Let us (me?) know what you finally decide on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tell me, are you a badfish too?

scattered-knitting.blogspot.com
piratekittie
« Reply #208 on: May 02, 2005 05:47:33 PM »

Ughhhh I'm so frustrated with this scarf. Everything was going swimmingly for 4 repeats and now I'm at a complete loss... I don't know which row I'm on and it's all messed up. I set it down for a couple days because it keeps making me mad. I'm determined to get it done but man... This is a lot harder than straight stockinette.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HUGE Spring Cleaning Sale!!!!
Etsy: http://karenmaiko.etsy.com

I have a Blog!
 http://karenmaiko.blogspot.com
daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: May 02, 2005 05:56:35 PM »

piratekittie, I know exactly how you feel.  When I first started the scarf, I had a couple of false starts but after that I was able to knit scarf up with too many problems.  It was only after I had more than 3/4 of it when I started to completely flake out.  I kept dropping stitches, skipping rows. . .utter chaos I tell you.  I was on the verge of tears.  However, after not looking at it for a few days, I was able to pull myself together and finish that sucker.  I assure you, the effort will be well worth it in the end.

I really like the progress shot you put up.  I love the way the detail of the lace pattern shows up so well using Silky Wool.  Not to mention, the color sho is perty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 60 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Drawing a Fashion Figure
The Basics of Fashion Drawing
How to Make a Tattoo Stencil by Hand
How to Draw Curves like an Architect
Could you be an Architect? Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie
Magical Miniatures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...