A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 195
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee House Craftalong-Ongoing 2011-Forever!  (Read 263575 times)
Tags for this thread: dollhouse  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ravens Snow
« Reply #1560 on: October 26, 2012 07:58:23 PM »

Does anyone have experience making rugs? I was thinking either crochet or macrame would be a good way to go with it because I don't think I would have the patience for the tiny cross stitching. Or maybe some felt?

In the past I've done mine with Igolochkoy or Russian Punchneedle and use transfers from this book: Miniature Iron-on Transfer Patterns for Dollhouses, Dolls, and Small Projects.

They work fairly quickly after you've done your first one and gorgeous as they look like real rugs.

If anyone is still looking for a house or your new and didn't get one yet, I got my online from Wayfair.com. I've ordered loads of items from them and everything is superior. The shipping wasn't pricey either. I placed my order on Wednesday night and they were delivered on Thursday afternoon. Quick! The prices are really good also. And some of the houses are Free Shipping right now.

I got this house which is going to be my project house. Regular price $95 and I paid $52.

http://www.wayfair.com/Greenleaf-Dollhouses-Fairfield-Dollhouse-Kit-8015-DLL1031.html

and this which is going to be a Gypsy Trailer...which was $45 and I paid $22.

http://www.wayfair.com/Greenleaf-Dollhouses-Vintage-Travel-Trailer-Dollhouse-Kit-9311-DLL1010.html

Also I had to make a quick trip to town for supplies, as I'm right in the path of Hurricane Sandy, she is expected to make landfall a few blocks from my house. I went in the Dollar Store and found miniature furniture in the girls toy department. They only had dining room furniture...table, server and hutch but no chairs. But for a dollar I couldn't pass it up. They are a strange red in color but easily hacked. Thought you ladies might be interested...oh and gentlemen if we have any in the group.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012 08:20:47 AM by Ravens Snow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.philadelphiaminiaturia.com/

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde
Do you suffer from PCD? Project Completion Disorder. No cure.  No meds. No self help groups. lol!
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1561 on: October 27, 2012 09:27:53 AM »

Hey guys, I noticed this contest in the back of a copy of Dollhouse Minatures magazine. Looked pretty good, the house is a reasonable price to purchase, looks like easy assembly and it's very cute, basic 2 room 2 level. I can see one of you winning easy, and then we'd get to see what you'd do with that fabulous grand prize, woot!

http://ministores.org/site/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&cPath=6&products_id=28
DMMA sponsored "Make it Yours Contest" beginning Oct. 1, 2012. Using this special kit  available exclusively from participating DMMA stores, you can assemble and customize the project to "Make it Yours". Grand Prize: Fairplay Dollhouse Kit from Rocky Mountain Woodcrafts. There will be a general and junior division with additional prizes and EVERY entry is eligible to win one of several prizes donated by artisans, store owners and manufacturers of all the miniature things you love!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1562 on: October 30, 2012 11:05:57 AM »

I think I just might have to take part in the little contest! I looked up the model kit used for it, locally it's being sold for $40, not too bad.

I've started on my Churchmouse House...

That black tape is just holding things in place while the glue dries.

I've realized with this house that I actually only use about a dozen of the pieces in the kit! I'll find a use for those left overs, but I'm thinking I just might make a template for myself. These kits are pain in the rump to find.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1563 on: October 30, 2012 11:57:55 AM »

LOL, I was wondering what in the heck was up with that tape. Figured if anybody could make that look like something good it would be you, ha ha.
I sure do hope you'll participate in that contest Knicker. Did you see the prize kit? Oh my word, what a HOUSE! Now that could be made into something astonishing. Just WOW. Best of luck to anybody who gives it a go, hope one of you Craftsters wins!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
ysmeine
« Reply #1564 on: October 30, 2012 03:41:33 PM »

I saw a picture somewhere with a mouse in a chair reading a book. It got me thinking of making a Christmas mouse house. Maybe with a mouse reading The Night Before Christmas by the fire. I plan to start on it this friday. I still have to decide on the basics though, like paper or paint. Because it is a mouse house I will be using some life sized, "borrowed" items too.

I have made a few things for the larger house; a crocheted rag rug and a sofa picture. I also have a fireplace from an old set.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #1565 on: October 31, 2012 03:18:04 AM »

I finished my first house. It is a tiny little thing.

The furniture is not to scale. I wanted the mouse to be life size, like he just took up habitat in a dolls house. That meant things had to be sparse. It would look better with a little bigger house or if I kept it one story.

I made the arm chair from cardboard padded with sticky felt, and then covered it with fabric. It could use some trim to finish it off. The foot stool is from a sliver of cork with a covered button on top. The table was from a kit but I had to shorten the legs. The bed is cardboard and a thin sheet of wood. I through the tree together until I can trim something from outside.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Madra
« Reply #1566 on: October 31, 2012 06:10:18 AM »

That mouse house is adorable ysmeine! The details on the front are gorgeous, and the house is so tiny Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1567 on: October 31, 2012 06:49:36 AM »

LOVE the bunting and garland! The house is cute as a button, ysmeine  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1568 on: October 31, 2012 07:00:34 AM »

After 12 solid hours of crafting yesterday....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1569 on: October 31, 2012 09:35:29 AM »

I am a huge fan of spackle...my husband buys it by the big 5 gallon tub now since he also uses it for his art...

The church is wonderful!

ysmeine--what an adorable mouse house!  I like how you used part of a sweater for the cover on the bed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 195 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tell Me Why: Pies!
Gobble Up These Adorable Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies
How to Make a Lemon and Pistachio Tart
Not Your Average Pumpkin Pie
Take Your Thanksgiving Pie To The Next Level This Year
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...