A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
471 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 186
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee House Craftalong-Ongoing 2011-Forever!  (Read 239344 times)
Tags for this thread: dollhouse  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1540 on: October 16, 2012 07:54:56 PM »

holy cow ashgrim!!  You sure put a lot of hours and thought into you house!  Love the orange roof topper things...and the ptery looks very scary with his makeover...like a demon from hell!

The little tombstones outside are also a nice touch...

Can't wait to see more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1541 on: October 17, 2012 05:30:39 AM »

Such a fabulous job Ashgrim! Love the house and all those little details. Those headstones are an amazing find Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #1542 on: October 17, 2012 08:25:09 PM »

ashgrim, this is a printable for an oriental rug in 1 inch scale. http://www.printmini.com/printables/rugs/rug1.shtml They have other scales as well. You could print it on canvas or print a transfer and iron it onto the texture you desire. They also have several styles to choose from. I might try a transfer on cream felt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashgrim
« Reply #1543 on: October 18, 2012 10:42:53 AM »

I never would have thought of doing a heat transfer to fabric! Thanks for the idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm definitely open to personal swaps--pm me!

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ashgrim/

My blog: http://www.ashleymgrimes.com

Participating in the Wee House CAL
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1544 on: October 18, 2012 02:54:33 PM »

What a good tip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravens Snow
« Reply #1545 on: October 22, 2012 06:48:54 PM »

Well I've read all 150+ and ladies (sorry and gentlemen if there are some) you are a super talented group of people.
I'm dripping with envy and so jealous...grr!

So is it too late to join this adventure?
I lost my dollhouse, a massive field stone farm house, in a house fire...and yes, the real house went to ashes with it. I use to make miniature food, cake, and Russian Punch Point rugs but when the houses went, my desire went along with it. I had just completed the house, the mini, a few days before the first.

But let's not sidetrack too much. I just ordered a new house, a small one and a camper. I know which direction I want to take them both, so I can't wait to get started. This looks like a great place to spend time with people who loved the same thing and there is just a wealth of information.

If it's not too late...I'd love to join. You'll have to bear with me...as I've not done miniatures for about 25 years, so I know I'm a tad rusty.

My house is going to be a gathering place with the local "old doll's" of the community. Like the Red Hat Society...there will be tea's, cakes and assorted other offerings on the bottom floor. The top floor is going to be an apartment that will be shared by two very lovely ladies whom shall I say, are fond of each other. The camper, is to satisfy the gypsy in me, I'm going to turn that into a Gypsy Trailer/Camper.

Now to get started.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.philadelphiaminiaturia.com/

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde
Do you suffer from PCD? Project Completion Disorder. No cure.  No meds. No self help groups. lol!
Madra
« Reply #1546 on: October 22, 2012 07:19:54 PM »

Nice to meet you Ravens Snow and welcome! I don't think it's ever too late for this particular project, people seem to start and complete projects and start new ones all the time! I'm beginning to suspect this mini thing might be addictive, and possibly contagious....

I'm so sorry about the fire, that must have been devastating Sad I'm glad you've decided to start again, your two projects sounds wonderful and I can't wait to see your pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ravens Snow
« Reply #1547 on: October 23, 2012 06:33:45 AM »

This week I'm focusing on the bedroom, and I got a little bit done over the last couple of nights. I decided that my little bed needed a little quilt, celestial themed of course.

I used liquid starch to get it to drape correctly over the bed. I also made a little pillow.

Originally I had envisioned the bed being messed up, but I couldn't get the fabric to drape correctly that way. I like it looking neatly made, too, though.

Ashgrim

I'm just getting back into miniatures as my post says but to get my bedding to lay exactly where I wanted, whether perfectly or messed I put a layer or two of Aluminum Foil sandwiched between the top and back of the quilt. I use the cheapest brand or Dollar Store, as it's thinner and doesn't add unwanted bulk. Most of the time I've ended up using 2 layers. That way you can press it into whatever shape your looking for and it stays. I also use it under a table cloth which usually has a mind of it's own and wants to stand out at the corners.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you suffer from PCD? Project Completion Disorder. No cure.  No meds. No self help groups. lol!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1548 on: October 23, 2012 06:55:04 AM »

What a clever idea!  I am sure your experience will be a great help to all of us!  I love learning new tips and tricks since I am new to this wonderful craft of creating a fantasy house!  It is hard for me to stay focused and keep my interest level up when I get frustrated because I don't know where to start or what to do!

Thanks Ravens Snow--I hope you will share your crafts and give us more ideas! Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012 06:55:20 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravens Snow
« Reply #1549 on: October 23, 2012 03:40:52 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome Madra and alwaysinmyroom.

I have a question regarding adhesive's/glue.

It's been many years since I constructed my first house and adhesive's and glues have certainly changed a great deal and have came along way for crafter's and woodworker's.

I think basically the only choice for dollhouse construction was wood glue.

I was wondering what everyone's choice was regarding this...is one better over the other. I love woodglue, reminds me of many hours spent with my father in his workshoppe. But...it takes so long to dry and clapping is truly a pain and takes so much time that could be spend doing more fun things.

I'd love "veteren" house creator's input.

Thanks in advance...
Raven
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 186 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating an Orange Sky in Lightroom
How to Create a Web Photo Gallery
How to Use the Luminance Feature in Lightroom, Part 2
How to Soften Skin in Lightroom
Adjustment Brush in Lightroom
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...