A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,601
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 195
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee House Craftalong-Ongoing 2011-Forever!  (Read 262086 times)
Tags for this thread: dollhouse  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Madra
« Reply #1530 on: September 29, 2012 12:25:54 PM »

I love it Snugglebugmom! Also, cutest mouse infestation EVER Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: September 30, 2012 04:03:06 AM »

Just discovered this thread and have wasted almost a weekend's crafting time on it  Tongue.  So much inspiration. Thanks for all the pictures and information.  
Right now I am tied up with Christmas stuff (I know and it's not even Guy Fawkes Day yet Roll Eyes) but with any luck I can have a go myself in the New Year.
Love the little mice.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012 04:03:54 AM by elderflower » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ashgrim
« Reply #1532 on: October 05, 2012 07:44:35 AM »

This week I'm focusing on the bedroom, and I got a little bit done over the last couple of nights. I decided that my little bed needed a little quilt, celestial themed of course.

I used liquid starch to get it to drape correctly over the bed. I also made a little pillow.

Here's another angle.

Originally I had envisioned the bed being messed up, but I couldn't get the fabric to drape correctly that way. I like it looking neatly made, too, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm definitely open to personal swaps--pm me!

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ashgrim/

My blog: http://www.ashleymgrimes.com

Participating in the Wee House CAL
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1533 on: October 05, 2012 07:46:27 AM »

So cute and tiny!  Good idea using the starch to get it to hold shape!  Love the celestial theme...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

microjivvy
« Reply #1534 on: October 05, 2012 08:51:32 AM »

Soooo cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #1535 on: October 05, 2012 09:16:17 AM »

That wee bed is just adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #1536 on: October 07, 2012 09:10:57 AM »

Bed and quilt look wonderful!
I just pulled out my wee house...
DH is CG and left for 60 days this morning. Figured this would be a good time - I can leave it set up on the table and it won't get in the way. And I finally got a set of the furniture!
Now I just have to find the one missing front piece...
It's the Michaels dollhouse kit -
My craft resolution for this year needs to be taking and sharing pictures of what I've done!
Happy to be back!
PS - found an awesome dollhouse kit at Goodwill for $10 - haven't opened it yet, want to finish this other one first!
Also fighting my perfectionism. It's okay to finish it even if it isn't 'perfect'!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
Ashgrim
« Reply #1537 on: October 16, 2012 02:46:22 PM »

I know what you mean about the perfectionism thing, selkie. At this point I'm trying to get it done enough for Halloween and worry about all the details I have floating around later.

I got busy last night and last weekend so I have lots of pics to share!

The house is completely put together! Apparently I've lost part of the second spire thing, so it's not quite as tall but oh well. But now all the little fiddly bits are assembled. Well, except the door. Still trying to figure that one out.  Embarrassed

As you can see, Ptery the Pteryodactyl got a makeover. I like him much better with a tan.  Wink

Here's an overall view of the back.

The tiny bedroom with the bed inside. I had to stick straight pins in to keep the bedding in place. Now I'm glad I did a foam mattress. Originally I had envisioned things on strings hanging from the walls but I'm not sure the best way to go about doing that.

Here's the living room/staircase area. I added the wooden slats to the walls to cover up the little tabs that fit the walls together. I really like how it looks now because it also breaks up those tall walls. If you look closely on the right side, though, you can see where I accidentally scraped my wallpaper up with my X-acto whilst trying to shave off one of the tabs. I'm still thinking of the best way to cover it up.

Close up of the two chairs and table with Tarot cards on the table. I want to upholster the chairs a little with felt. I also think this room needs an oriental rug. Maybe I'll spring for one.

I added some little tombstones that I picked up last Halloween to the front yard. I was so happy to find some the right size! I also got some coffins and I'm trying to figure out where to put one.

I'd been trying to figure out some sort of shriney thing to put in that awkward little alcove by the stairs. I had some skeletons from The Dollar Tree that were too big on their own but then I thought, "Hey! I can just pop off the skull!" I melted a neat birthday candle on top to make it look ritualistic.

Here it is in situ.

I also added a chair to the study and a little piano to the living room, but I think I've got quite enough pics for one post. Next steps will be adding art to the walls and working on the kitchen laboratory.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm definitely open to personal swaps--pm me!

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ashgrim/

My blog: http://www.ashleymgrimes.com

Participating in the Wee House CAL
Craftsunderground
« Reply #1538 on: October 16, 2012 04:04:48 PM »

The coffin should go in the drawing room, of course Cheesy
The house looks great.I love the bed tucked into the tiny room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
xmissmayhemx
« Reply #1539 on: October 16, 2012 05:15:13 PM »

I bought the little house with the veranda...I'm currently priming everything...Someth ing I've learned from previous houses, prime it all while its still attached to the boards...Went to Michaels and got a 1.8L bottle of gesso for $12. yay! I'm not really sure what I want to do as far as the "theme"...I'm sure I'll just wing like usual..lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr photos!
Stars and Sparrows
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 195 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Doug Jaeger on How to Create Collaborative Film Project Teams
Behind the Scenes of Montana Fare
What Is a Timelapse Video
How to Stage a Hit and Run Using Special Effects
How to Make a Head Explode Using a Green Screen
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...