A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,593
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 199
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee House Craftalong-Ongoing 2011-Forever!  (Read 475010 times)
Tags for this thread: dollhouse , miniature , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1430 on: September 22, 2012 07:18:01 PM »

The windows were actually very easy to 'break'. I eased an exacto blade in the vinyl by twisting it and making a small hole, then sliced right in with the blade. Thankfully it didn't matter if it was jagged so the effect worked really well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Madra
« Reply #1431 on: September 23, 2012 09:18:37 AM »

Hahaha! I love all these 'junk collecting' stories...makes me feel not so alone :>   I have a wonderful hubby who works in a cigar shop and he often brings me home little treasures. "I dunno what you could do with this, but it looks like it could be a something". Gotta love him! xxx

@Ashgrim How did you make the little photo on the bookshelf?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ysmeine
« Reply #1432 on: September 23, 2012 11:08:48 AM »

I bought one of those fiddly doll house kits when Bluesisteralex was little. The boys kept pulling off shingles and I finally got rid of it and bought her a plastic house. After moving so many times it was long gone and she has always wanted another doll house. Five years ago I bought her some furniture and photo boxes for each room. I also promised that some day I would buy a house and she would have room for a doll house again. She started leaving her boxes out and they got stomped on by the boys. You would think I had Godzilla living in the house.

Bluesisteralex no longer lives at home but she went craft shopping with me this weekend. We stopped at the doll furniture again and I decided to make a couple terrariums and we grabbed stuff to make a couple displays for her to make as well.

Alex made a enchanted reading garden for her friend who is expecting.

It has a little mirrored pond with a strawflower water lily and a frog prince. The crown was a bead end cap.

We put a rocking chair in the other corner. I made a small afghan and we placed a book in the seat with two more stacked on a bench. The chair still rocks even though it is glued in.

She also made a computer nook that hangs on the wall. The desk looks just like her boyfriends and she added cans of soda and a fastfood bag to complete the look. she even found a minecraft screen shot for the screen.

the walls were not exactly how we planned, but I like the button light fixture we made.

I made a couple fall garden terrariums. I also started working on a potting bench as I added one to my real garden this year. I still haven't decided what to do with the potting bench yet.

I'm not sure if this one is done. at one time it had a peaked roof, but it was lost years ago. Must have been Godzilla again.

I like this one because the bench looks like the one outside my door. I keep flowers on it and sometimes pumpkins in the fall.

This potting bench was painted to match the large one and is actually the style I had originally envisioned for my garden.

I made simple seed packets in a crate then cut and painted a hat to make a basket for tomatoes. They are actually asparagus berries. Then I made a small box with wooden bead potatoes. I need to make some clay veggies

I might have to make a small doll house. I never realized they come so small. I would lover to make a brewing room. I have some glass vials that would make great carbides.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Snugglebugmom

member of the Wee House Posse

View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: September 23, 2012 04:03:31 PM »

The enchanted reading garden is precious, and I love the potting bench! You really should do a house, I'll bet it will be amazing! And it's such fun... I am already working on my second one and the first one isn't even completely done! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
microjivvy
« Reply #1434 on: September 23, 2012 11:09:32 PM »

The windows were actually very easy to 'break'. I eased an exacto blade in the vinyl by twisting it and making a small hole, then sliced right in with the blade. Thankfully it didn't matter if it was jagged so the effect worked really well Smiley

Coolio...  they look super.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
Craftsunderground
« Reply #1435 on: September 24, 2012 02:58:47 PM »

Ysmeine, love the enchanted garden, computer desk, and the little bench with the pumpkins. (Actually, I love them all.) I am sure if you made a house, it would be wonderful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1436 on: September 24, 2012 08:15:44 PM »

I did it!  I'm jumping on the tiny band wagon...I mean house Grin.  craftylittlemonkey sent me a small wooden punch out house in one of her super generase care packages.  I put it together yesterday Grin

It was supposed to look the same on both sides, but I altered it a bit so inside can be seen.  I think I will cut away a bit more of the roof as well.  I'm not quite ready to talk about what I'm going to do to it yet...but it will most definitely be the house that suereal built;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012 11:07:03 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
MissingWillow
Sewing in General Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

'Best of 2014' Winner

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1437 on: September 25, 2012 04:33:00 AM »

Oh suereal, it's tiny!  Can't wait to see what you do with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashgrim
« Reply #1438 on: September 26, 2012 04:37:14 AM »

Thanks for the compliments on my tiny shelf. I'm quite proud Smiley. Sorry for the brief hiatus. I'll be posting more progress pics later today.

I got the tiny bottles at Hobby Lobby in their dollhouse section. They have a few cute things there, and they're very inexpensive.

As for the picture, it's a bead from a bracelet I got a long time ago that broke. I bet it could be recreated by getting a small bezel, printing a picture to fit and then using that Mod Podge Dimensional Magic on top.

Suereal, what a great tiny house! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Ysmeine, I love the terrariums. The little potting bench is great, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm definitely open to personal swaps--pm me!

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ashgrim/

My blog: http://www.ashleymgrimes.com

Participating in the Wee House CAL
Craftsunderground
« Reply #1439 on: September 26, 2012 08:42:29 AM »

I was inspired to start a wee house of my own and loved the spooky style of what I saw here. Of course I hit Craitslist to see if there were any old doll houses I might use for my project. this was listed as a fixer-upper, but I wanted a fixer-downer. These photos are unaltered. This dollhouse achieved its spooky style completely through natural causes. Take a look for inspiration:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 199 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Christmas Tree Hat for a Cat
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...