A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,401
Currently Running With Scissors:
761 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 194
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee House Craftalong-Ongoing 2011-Forever!  (Read 261088 times)
Tags for this thread: dollhouse  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Snugglebugmom

member of the Wee House Posse

View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: September 06, 2012 07:25:14 PM »

I severely dislike the tabs. For my next house I am cutting every single one of them. Well, the ones you can see anyway Wink Love Aleene's Tacky Glue, it has yet to let me down!
I'm still not sure about my theme and I'm having some major issues with scale. I tend to go too small, I think. I will post some pictures as soon as I can muster up the courage... I'm kind of embarrassed about how bad it looks right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1441 on: September 07, 2012 05:46:57 AM »

I'm kind of embarrassed about how bad it looks right now.

My stuff always look terrible before it becomes grand Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Madra
« Reply #1442 on: September 07, 2012 07:03:38 AM »

Heh... I know what you mean. Once I took the pics and I uploaded them I thought, yeah...my house looks SO amateurish compared to all the others. But details help so much! I had a roll of off white ropey/ribbony trim from the dollar store and I glued it around the bottoms of the walls (til I ran out!) like baseboards. Looks cute!

Other spots that need camouflage are the top of the front walls where those toothy bits are where you're supposed to add all those other wee bits of wood? Yeah....that SO didn't work with the added thickness of vinyl. Even after I carved the wood down, Nothing was lining up properly, then the attic floor wouldn't line up with IT'S tabs/slots and I was getting frustrated! And I have this huge gap between where the side wall meets the bay window section. All the dry fits never led me to notice THAT problem...grrr! Not sure if I'll try and fit in a narrow strip of vinyl to hide it, or just ignore it!

In other news, I was at my local Dollarama and found a bunch of those little wooden puzzle kits, similar to the ones at Michaels.

The one that excited me most was this one! Can you speak?? It's a wooden dollhouse for your dollhouse! More of a playscale dollhouse, but since that's what I'm working on for a Christmas gift, I was downright giddy! And only $1.25 cdn!  Once I popped it together I realised it's a bit weird, it's not REALLY a dollhouse per se, no openings or floors, and it's the same on both sides. But, I figure with some mods and scraps of wood from other projects, it could easily be made into a Barbie doll sized dollhouse. Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1443 on: September 07, 2012 10:37:35 AM »

I also hated those tabs...seemed they did not want to stay, stuck out, popped out, etc.  I agree--next house, I am cutting them off!

Love your finds, Madra! Especially the tiny house!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SKooKuM
Miss Sews-a-lot

Dance kitty

« Reply #1444 on: September 07, 2012 11:53:00 PM »

I look at my wee house...and alas...its been months since I touched it ;-; sooo sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps. Send a pm if you'd like to do a Harry Potter, Pokemon, BJD or Obitsu swaps.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/kitsunestudios
J_Kieviet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #1445 on: September 09, 2012 10:14:16 AM »

I bought a really nice doll house kit in May or June, it's still sitting in the bag.  I hope to finish all my sewing projects and move onto the doll house before Christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Mccalls 6337 sewing pattern, if you have a copy you'd be willing to share/give/sell please let me know.  The bag costs $60 and I think perhaps I could make it cheaper/
Ashgrim
« Reply #1446 on: September 10, 2012 07:35:35 AM »

I'm so glad to see that this thread is still going strong. It seems like forever since I touched my wee house, but I went to Michael's yesterday and got my inspiration back! Seeing all those Halloween decorations made me realize that Halloween is next month, and I really want to get mine done in time for Halloween.

I'm making time to work on it tonight! The house itself is mostly done, I just need to make all of the accessories.

Knickertwists, I followed your tutorial for making paperclay mushrooms and fairy houses the other night and am thrilled to have my own teeny houses now. I think at least one needs to be in my spooky wee house as well.  Cheesy I'm really loving working with the paperclay, too.

I also had a 50% off coupon so I just had to pick up another house kit. This time I got the gothic house, and I think it's going to be a Victorian steam punk house. It's good motivation to finish the first one so I can start on the next.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm definitely open to personal swaps--pm me!

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ashgrim/

My blog: http://www.ashleymgrimes.com

Participating in the Wee House CAL
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1447 on: September 10, 2012 09:55:18 AM »

Knickertwists, I followed your tutorial for making paperclay mushrooms and fairy houses the other night and am thrilled to have my own teeny houses now. I think at least one needs to be in my spooky wee house as well.  Cheesy I'm really loving working with the paperclay, too.

Yay! I love paperclay... I enjoy working with it more than polyclay. Can't wait to see those houses in your spooky house!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

microjivvy
« Reply #1448 on: September 10, 2012 02:14:23 PM »

Yay! I love paperclay... I enjoy working with it more than polyclay.

ditto that!  My only problem with paper clay is that I use it so infrequently, when I think of using it, it's gotten quite lumpy and yucko... while the 10 year old poly clay is still just fine and dandy. *sigh*

That said, one of my in-progress wee houses is covered in brick made from lumpy old paper clay (trust me, no matter how much moisture I added, this stuff was not losing its lumps) and I quite like the kind of dilapidated effect.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1449 on: September 12, 2012 01:35:07 PM »

Well, I'm about to start my 3rd house of this craft-a-long!

This one will be a bit of a cheat because I'm starting with this...

My mum saw this one at the side of the road waiting for the garbage truck and booted my dear old granny out to snatch it up before it was lost forever. The plan is to make it over as a Halloweeny house... in about 2 weeks. Eeek! I don't know if I can pull it off, but I sure as heck am going to give it a try Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 194 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Beauty Secrets For Summer
The Right Way to Use a Beautyblender Sponge
Clean and Clear Skin Products for Every Skin Type
Best Hair Products And Spray Tan Tips
Is Cheap Makeup as Good as Expensive Makeup?
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...