A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 195
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee House Craftalong-Ongoing 2011-Forever!  (Read 261497 times)
Tags for this thread: dollhouse  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Madra
« Reply #1390 on: August 04, 2012 01:39:23 PM »

I'd say there should be some sort of husbands support group, but mine has his own deal. He's a total bookaholic so fair's fair!  Grin  (and I think this is post #10, granting me the glorious ability to post pics! yay!)  To be somewhat vaguely on topic, have you figured out which way you're gonna go on the exterior?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Madra
« Reply #1391 on: August 04, 2012 02:22:04 PM »

Just testing to see if I have this posting pics things right, I haven't done this in eons!  If I've done it correctly, this should be a pic of the Victorian puzzle house after dry fitting and deciding to do away with the dividing wall and the stairs Smiley

This is the scrapbook paper I chose for the attic and I'm just ridiculously happy with how it looks  Grin

My little crooked house...I'm still fiddling with the interior and not ready to glue anything down just yet. Not in any hurry since this is my first attempt at doing a house and NOT following the directions!!! lol    Shocked

THIS ROCKS   Logged
madame marigold
« Reply #1392 on: August 05, 2012 06:15:48 AM »

Wow! Very nice! I havent seen it done with the dividing walls gone!
And love the wall paper! What is the theme of your house if you dont mind me asking? These are obscessive arnt they?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1393 on: August 06, 2012 08:46:38 AM »

It is so nice to just be able to do the houses the way we want and not what the kiddies want! Cheesy

I love your attic wallpaper...the house is going to be epic...I am going to pull mine off the shelf and get back to it after gardening/canning season is over...I hate clearing off the kitchen table when I am working on my house!

Love the idea of combining parts of two houses...now I need to see if I have a Michael's coupon waiting for me in my emails!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1394 on: August 06, 2012 12:29:40 PM »

If you have a smart phone Michaels has an app that has their coupons. You just show them the coupon on your phone at checkout.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1395 on: August 06, 2012 12:34:01 PM »

I don't even carry a cell phone Smiley  But, I did get a 40% off coupon from Joann's that they will honor!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

madame marigold
« Reply #1396 on: August 09, 2012 05:24:41 AM »

..... To be somewhat vaguely on topic, have you figured out which way you're gonna go on the exterior?

Im thinking of doing the crackle finish but then adding in spots of brick and put stones around the edges..I want it to look like it is in the run down, faded elegance stage! Then again it depends of how the bricks and stones print out!  Shocked

I also def. (paws crossed) plan to have window boxes and IF I can pull off the 2nd addition...(Not the whole house one) the 2 room one..will have a rooftop deck area....ughhh just saying it and picturing it? feels like Im overextending it......huffs....

Guess I will go surf the net for "run-down decadence" or isnt that also sometimes called "Shabby chic"? hmmm

But first it getting it wired.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1397 on: August 09, 2012 12:50:44 PM »

oooo I would love to know how to light up my little house!  It would be fun during the holidays to decorate a tree and the fireplaces... Cheesy  Is that what you mean by wired? ??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

madame marigold
« Reply #1398 on: August 09, 2012 02:24:28 PM »

yep! I got some 1/12 tape wire but i also considered using one of those battery operated lights from the Dollar store! Iv'e seen them used and they work great. And I would bet that mini strands of X-Mas lights  would work as well....I say a lady that did the tenny and wired it with X-Mas lights and you talk about gorgous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Madra
« Reply #1399 on: August 09, 2012 02:25:41 PM »

I too would like to know how complicated it is to wire a house! The very thought intimidates me to be honest.

Also, the theme of my house Ms Marigold, is a Borrower (are you familiar with the children's books?) explorer has taken up residence in a dollhouse temporarily. Leaving me with the ability to indulge in a kind of steampunky/found items sort of look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 195 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Julie_Vignette_WITH_PreRoll
The Weight of a Whistle: Why Making Trains Means the World to Terry Giddeon
Terry_Vignette_WITH_PreRoll
DIY Flower Bouquet
Make It Easy: DIY Paper Flower Bouquet
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...