A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,613
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 199
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee House Craftalong-Ongoing 2011-Forever!  (Read 475605 times)
Tags for this thread: dollhouse , miniature , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

madame marigold
« Reply #1320 on: August 09, 2012 05:24:41 AM »

..... To be somewhat vaguely on topic, have you figured out which way you're gonna go on the exterior?

Im thinking of doing the crackle finish but then adding in spots of brick and put stones around the edges..I want it to look like it is in the run down, faded elegance stage! Then again it depends of how the bricks and stones print out!  Shocked

I also def. (paws crossed) plan to have window boxes and IF I can pull off the 2nd addition...(Not the whole house one) the 2 room one..will have a rooftop deck area....ughhh just saying it and picturing it? feels like Im overextending it......huffs....

Guess I will go surf the net for "run-down decadence" or isnt that also sometimes called "Shabby chic"? hmmm

But first it getting it wired.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1321 on: August 09, 2012 12:50:44 PM »

oooo I would love to know how to light up my little house!  It would be fun during the holidays to decorate a tree and the fireplaces... Cheesy  Is that what you mean by wired? ??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

madame marigold
« Reply #1322 on: August 09, 2012 02:24:28 PM »

yep! I got some 1/12 tape wire but i also considered using one of those battery operated lights from the Dollar store! Iv'e seen them used and they work great. And I would bet that mini strands of X-Mas lights  would work as well....I say a lady that did the tenny and wired it with X-Mas lights and you talk about gorgous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Madra
« Reply #1323 on: August 09, 2012 02:25:41 PM »

I too would like to know how complicated it is to wire a house! The very thought intimidates me to be honest.

Also, the theme of my house Ms Marigold, is a Borrower (are you familiar with the children's books?) explorer has taken up residence in a dollhouse temporarily. Leaving me with the ability to indulge in a kind of steampunky/found items sort of look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madame marigold
« Reply #1324 on: August 10, 2012 08:36:53 AM »

That is one o the few I haver read! but have heard and seen posts about it. I think it would be a wonderful house! Would be able to use a very aeclectic group of "do-dads"  Grin

I cant wait to see it! I never knew what I was missing in my childhood!
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Madra
« Reply #1325 on: August 11, 2012 06:53:39 AM »

It's never too late to read it! It's downright inspiring to anyone interested in minis. In fact, it's probably the series that started me off in my lifelong fascination with miniatures   Cheesy  I made my first shoebox house while I was reading them...I think I must have been about 8. The Littles were another another similarly inspiring series Smiley

That is one o the few I haver read! but have heard and seen posts about it. I think it would be a wonderful house! Would be able to use a very aeclectic group of "do-dads"  Grin

I cant wait to see it! I never knew what I was missing in my childhood!
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madame marigold
« Reply #1326 on: August 11, 2012 11:14:20 AM »

hahaha my first one I was 4? and dad was watching dark shadows on the tv (and dozed off) and I used his newspaper and pill bottles to form the floor, roof, and walls...and beads..fake pearls for the decor.

I got upset we he woke up and ruined my HOUSE getting his stuff back.. pouts.... Grin Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
microjivvy
« Reply #1327 on: August 11, 2012 11:48:10 PM »

As a wee one, I spent a goodly amount of time watching the floorboards for evidence of Borrowers.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
Snugglebugmom

member of the Wee House Posse

View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 14, 2012 10:22:05 AM »

Hello! I've been a member/lurker for ages, but this thread has me finally uncloaking. I'm in awe of the creativity and the talent I have seen on this thread, and I am currently obsessed with tiny houses and tiny things. (Although not as tiny as Microjivvy's stuff... I bow down to your dexterity and patience!)
I first built the Creatology gothic villa as a dollhouse for my daughters (4 and 6 years old) and I was going to go all out with the decorating and fancying up... but of course, being kids, they did not want to wait until mommy was done fiddling because that was going to take forever! (They were right, actually Wink ) So I built it, they painted it, and I bought another kit for myself to lavish my attention and creativity on. This one is the fantasy villa one, and I am having a great time with it.
I can't post pictures yet, but I am taking them here and there and I hope to be able to show off my progress at some point!

Iris
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1329 on: August 14, 2012 11:06:50 AM »

Yay Snugglebugmom! Welcome and please do show off your pics when you can:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 199 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Painted Background
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: The Roaming Gnome
@Home This Weekend: Welcoming Door Decor

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...