A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
726 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 184
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee House Craftalong-Ongoing 2011-Forever!  (Read 237331 times)
Tags for this thread: dollhouse  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ThistleHill
« Reply #1110 on: January 16, 2012 07:03:43 AM »

I'm not too sure about spending $100 bucks on an unfinished house....but maybe those Christian Louboutin's and that Fox purse Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1111 on: January 16, 2012 07:55:47 AM »

I don't know if many of you have taken a look at the discussion boards but you may want to check it out, currently in the  NEWS AND DISCUSSION ABOUT CRAFTSTER under the suggestion a new board there is an on going discussion for creating a miniature board so that all miniatures will be in one place  the discussion thread is located here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=219367.0

if more people join in the discussion a miniature board may become a reality
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1112 on: January 16, 2012 08:14:20 AM »

somehow I managed to miss this post:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=383576.0

love the portraits over the fireplace , the loft bed- walnut bath tub, laundry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #1113 on: January 16, 2012 01:58:52 PM »

I originally wanted to only buy the foam, paints, and glue for my house but I caved this weekend and bought fake moss and sand paper (for the roof) at the dollar store.  As well as a leaf shaped mirror, though I don't know if it'll seem too upscale so it may not get used. 

I'm thinking I'm going to save up a few coffee trays and create some handmade paper for the exterior.  Stucco may be quicker than stones if I can get the paper to dry straight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Momof2!
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1114 on: January 16, 2012 04:14:24 PM »

I keep reading about using sandpaper for shingles. Is there a tutorial for this anywhere? Smiley Thanks in advance Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need peg people for my daughter. Personal swap anyone?
wwrich

Elsbeth's Mom

« Reply #1115 on: January 16, 2012 05:52:07 PM »

I have been following this thread for way too long.

I finally located a wee house that I found to be acceptable about 3 weeks ago.  I bought it (with a 40% off coupon).  We found it at Hobby Lobby.  The regular price was $30.  With the coupon it was $18.  Here is the box.  It was in the dollhouse section.

I took it out, read all the directions, then completely ignored the part about not punching out all of the pieces.  I punched out all of the pieces and put them in individual plastic bags.  Then I put together the basic frame, so I could see what the final size and layout would be.  Here it is held together with masking tape.

We are still working on "step 1", which is to prepare the windows.  Oh, there is a little thing there about how you have to paint and prepare all of the pieces while they are still flat.   We spent way too many hours sanding little window parts.

My daughter really likes to paint things.  Here is Elsbeth painting window frames.

This is what a completed window should look like on the outside.  We will have to pick out paper and stuff for the insides before we glue the inside windows down.

In the background of that last picture, you can see that the inside window frames will be a dark brown.  On the far left are some of the "wallpapers" we are considering (the orange with white dots, multicolored dots and the purple swirls).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Monster High dolls lately.

In the Chicago area?  Want to come to a great crafty weekend?  Check out http://www.musecon.org/
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1116 on: January 16, 2012 05:59:21 PM »

I saw that doll house at Hobby Lobby and have been considering whether or not to get it. Is it easy to work with?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1117 on: January 16, 2012 06:02:26 PM »

I keep reading about using sandpaper for shingles. Is there a tutorial for this anywhere? Smiley Thanks in advance Smiley

You just cut the sandpaper the size and shape you want them either rectangular or scallop, etc  and then  glue them down starting a the lowest edge (bottom ) of the roof overlapping each row until you reach the top of the roof- for the row at the very top and to hide the edges of the shingle you want to place a shingle creased in the middle It will overlap equally on both sides

a couple of years back Michael's was selling polymer clay gingerbread house when I saw this one I knew I had to have it but didn't have a clue what I was going to do with it -when I got home I immediately stashed it away-  well here it is dusted off soon to be a tea room for reading tea leaves and palms

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1118 on: January 16, 2012 06:54:39 PM »

teag, that teapot idea is fabulous! I can't wait to see your little tea reading room!

We're planning to do the egg carton stone technique on my dollhouse, just haven't gotten around to prepping the cartons. Seems like my poor house only gets attention in fits and starts. I need to find the cord to charge my camera so I can show off my progress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
wwrich

Elsbeth's Mom

« Reply #1119 on: January 16, 2012 07:02:39 PM »

I saw that doll house at Hobby Lobby and have been considering whether or not to get it. Is it easy to work with?

It doesn't seem too bad yet. I like some of the details they include.  The kit includes roof shingles.  The windows are pretty cool looking so far.

My big complaint is that the directions don't mention things like what to paint in which colors. There are a couple of parts that I am still a bit confused about how to do.   I suppose I will figure them out when I get there, but it's a bit frustrating that I can't pull out a bunch of pieces that need to be the same color and paint all of them at the same time.  When you add the impatient 8 year old wanting to do it NOW, it gets a bit overwhelming....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Monster High dolls lately.

In the Chicago area?  Want to come to a great crafty weekend?  Check out http://www.musecon.org/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 184 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Carol Cassella: What Are You Reading?
Glen Berger: What Are You Reading?
Christopher Rice on His Supernatural Thriller
Anjelica Huston on Her Childhood Secrets
10 Questions For Reggie Jackson
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...