A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,118
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 196
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee House Craftalong-Ongoing 2011-Forever!  (Read 270534 times)
Tags for this thread: dollhouse  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

modified

http://dontdollfacefotos.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1010 on: December 17, 2011 08:47:36 AM »

So sorry if this has been asked before but is there anywhere in the UK a house like in the first post can be picked up in the UK? If not, if I pay for the house and shipping would someone be willing to pick one up for me after the new year..?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1011 on: December 18, 2011 10:15:37 AM »

I'm not even doing a house now, and I want that mini wine set!  Cheesy

Me too.  I actually have a "chemistry set" somewhere.  I bought it at a mini store in Orlando FL a couple of years ago.

OMG mini mad scientist lab? Dude! I so hope to see that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
wwrich
« Reply #1012 on: December 18, 2011 01:18:46 PM »

OMG mini mad scientist lab? Dude! I so hope to see that!

That was the plan.  I did see one at that store.  "Ron's Miniatures" has a "museum" type area in the front, and he did a haunted house with a lab in the basement.  That was why he had ordered the glassware.  I  bought the last set he had then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Monster High dolls lately.

In the Chicago area?  Want to come to a great crafty weekend?  Check out http://www.musecon.org/
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1013 on: December 18, 2011 02:18:36 PM »

So - only about three days into my house... I have every room wallpapered except the attic & living room. Just built a bookcase out of the stair treads - will do the second one another day! Haven't started on the outside, but I'm thinking about the egg carton stone thing. Bricks would be too tedious for me, although I did use 1/2" 'tiles' of metallic hued paint chips for the ceiling in the kitchen!
I've also been using emery boards for sanding - I can't remember if that was in the 100+ pages I read. I've been using the short ones because that's what I have. Some of the tab holes are too small for the emery board, but overall it's made lots of things much easier.
My painting skills leave much to be desired so I'm working with decoupage for as much as I can!
Just what I needed - another crafting addiction! Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
Ashgrim
« Reply #1014 on: December 18, 2011 05:57:07 PM »

So sorry if this has been asked before but is there anywhere in the UK a house like in the first post can be picked up in the UK? If not, if I pay for the house and shipping would someone be willing to pick one up for me after the new year..?

I would be willing to ship one to you! It's only $8.00 USD at my Michael's. Plus I can use a 40% off coupon.

So I worked all day on my house yesterday and it's mostly finished! This little cottage was soooo much easier than my Victorian mansion. It also helped that I used spray paint for the main color instead of painstakingly painting it by hand. I love it so much! It's going to be a gift for my 6 year old step daughter. I am just hoping that she will appreciate it enough not to let it be destroyed.  Undecided Here's the front (sorry for the blurry pic)

I love love love the mossy roof. Smiley It makes me smile every time I see it. And yes, that's glitter on all the trim. Yay glitter!

Here's a view from the side. The kit came with several of these long trim pieces so I decided to do Z thing on the sides.

And here's the inside. The room with the door will be the living room; the one to the right of it is the kitchen. Directly above the kitchen will be the nursery, and the last room is the bedroom.

Now I just have to make the furniture and a little fairy family to live inside. She's going to love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm definitely open to personal swaps--pm me!

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ashgrim/

My blog: http://www.ashleymgrimes.com

Participating in the Wee House CAL
ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: December 18, 2011 07:02:21 PM »

wow, I love your house!
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1016 on: December 18, 2011 08:19:00 PM »

Awesome! I can't wait to see it with it's furniture and inhabitants! How old is the wee girl it's intended for? My daughter is only 4 so I have to remember ~ age appropriate! Though I have at least a hundred minuscule things I'd *like* to use. Sigh.

And now a whimper worthy homelette. It's attached to a whole set of wee houses too. Try not to drool on your keyboard kids Wink.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/garyzuker/127540119/in/faves-cocoondesigns/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Ashgrim
« Reply #1017 on: December 18, 2011 08:55:28 PM »

Awesome! I can't wait to see it with it's furniture and inhabitants! How old is the wee girl it's intended for? My daughter is only 4 so I have to remember ~ age appropriate! Though I have at least a hundred minuscule things I'd *like* to use. Sigh.

She is 6 and a half. I keep telling myself not to get too detailed because it's not just going to sit on a shelf. I'm using the Creatology furniture kit along with some other tidbits. I'm going to use museum wax to keep most things in place but still moveable.

I told my husband that I'm going to have to make one for myself after this.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm definitely open to personal swaps--pm me!

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ashgrim/

My blog: http://www.ashleymgrimes.com

Participating in the Wee House CAL
aniraangel
« Reply #1018 on: December 18, 2011 09:37:45 PM »

I won two houses off ebay and they got here today, the gothic victorian and the stupidly complicated fantasy villa. Will attempt to attack the gothic first. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1019 on: December 19, 2011 06:41:10 AM »

ashgrim--you house is lovely!  I love the red with your mossy roof!

So much info and inspiration in those links...I am trying to limit my looking to just peeking! Cheesy

teag--love your table and wee mushrooms---and your bed is very rustic and great for your house!

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011 06:41:48 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 196 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Revolution Easy Acoustic Rhythm Guitar Lesson
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Acoustic Guitar Lesson
With a Little Help from My Friends Acoustic Guitar Lesson
Things We Said Today Guitar Lesson
Yesterday - Easy Beatles Acoustic Guitar Lesson
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...