A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 308,231
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 199
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee House Craftalong-Ongoing 2011-Forever!  (Read 458983 times)
Tags for this thread: dollhouse , miniature  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #970 on: December 20, 2011 01:38:31 PM »

I loved the little garden hose at the end of the first link...and the porch swing...I am not really into the doll house things, though...I think I prefer the fantasy type homes and "artsy" homes...they are probably not to scale and a bit unrealistic, but they appeal to me more than duplicating the "real" world...very cute and interesting stuff and lots of inspiration, though...but I don't think I could ever make a hobby of making some of those gorgeous, detailed and time-consuming houses...those people are passionate, aren't they!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Foxy Sam
« Reply #971 on: December 20, 2011 11:40:35 PM »

You guys are so talented, these are all awesome homes, I love them!  So wanting to give this a try next time it come up...brilliant ideas all the way through the gallery/discussion...awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
aniraangel
« Reply #972 on: December 20, 2011 11:45:32 PM »

You guys are so talented, these are all awesome homes, I love them!  So wanting to give this a try next time it come up...brilliant ideas all the way through the gallery/discussion...awesome!

That's the beauty of craftalongs, you can basically join in at any time, in most cases.

Speaking of which, I got my gothic house together, mostly, for the dry run and some of the parts are a really tight fit. I could barely get the roof onto the second floor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

« Reply #973 on: December 21, 2011 07:09:12 AM »

I had to use sandpaper to make some of the parts fit better...and lots and lots of glue...before I do my next house, I am investing in some good clamps...I used paper clips, and chip bag closers...they are not very strong!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #974 on: December 21, 2011 12:44:39 PM »

I hear that! I use clothespins, I do have some small clamps I found for cheap in the automotive aisles of places like Rite Aid, Dollar General, Big Lots... I've used binder clips, too-strong, but limited in what you can use them on.
And here's a handy tip with Christmas coming up. There is an upside to trying to unpackage kid's toys-you know, the ones where every separate part is wired down? My friends, that plastic coated wire makes the most useful clamps for smallish things ever. Great for odd shaped things that need to be clamped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode 'halfoff'HipsterHive Only12/31/15
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studi
madame marigold
« Reply #975 on: December 21, 2011 12:46:41 PM »

Could use some help deciding....I should have "B.B. bediliahs Mousehouse" done before the weekend is over (just need to make the mice!) and have recieved the house from ebay (same style as the Storytellers house) but cant decide on what color to use on exterior! Hubby bought me white spray paint..... Angry

Its going to be a "Queen of Hearts house so figured on a lot of different shades pinks, reds and mauves etc....throughout! But the exterior has got me cowed.   Shocked Roll Eyes Cheesy

Also kinda was hoping to do the interior wallpaper etc sorta non-permenant? So I can change as the whims hit me.....(Laminate paper then double sided tape?) Or am I being a goose?  

AAAGGGGHHHHH its been sitting here almost a week mocking me.....pouts...sighs

OK also kinda  a poll?...2 choices....Pristine Victorian home (The Queen waiting for her suitors the kings of Spades and his competitor the King of Clubs)....
OR faded, the home of a fading eccentric, striken Queen whose lovers killed each other over her but she still waits for them with all her fading gifts and flowers she had recieved...(Think crazy old cat lady auntie type)

OR the ruthless, megolomanical, *coughs* hmmm how to phrase it?
(younger interest on the side?) Queen with partially torn, decaying K's of spades and clubs hidden in the attic while her playtoy the Prince of Diamonds is kinda tied up at the moment in her bedour..... Embarrassed

hmmm would fingernail polish hurt for trim etc? ughhhh Cheesy Roll Eyes sorry...sighs
 Grin ANY ideas would be ever so much appreciated! Going to make master pattern.....
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011 02:03:06 PM by madame marigold - Reason: spelling » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #976 on: December 22, 2011 05:25:18 AM »

OR the ruthless, megolomanical, *coughs* hmmm how to phrase it?
(younger interest on the side?) Queen with partially torn, decaying K's of spades and clubs hidden in the attic while her playtoy the Prince of Diamonds is kinda tied up at the moment in her bedour..... Embarrassed

This idea is my fave... so original and eeeeeviiiilllll....  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #977 on: December 22, 2011 10:27:51 PM »

Just a quick photo to wish you all happy holidays! These Calico Critters and several of the pieces in the picture were Yule gifts I received. We're collecting the kittens for our kitty family. The wooden box has wee paints and art stuff in it, but it wouldn't stay open for the picture.

Oh, and I'm using the box the twins came in to create a fireplace for this room. I have it all taped together and plan to use that egg carton technique on it. Thanks for that link! Here's the before picture. It's just over 4" wide, which seems reasonable to me for a fireplace.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #978 on: December 23, 2011 06:01:58 AM »

Kittens with diapers and soothers! Of course the thing most wrong with that is that one of the best things about kittens is that you don't have to put diapers on them!

The tiny room is lovely. I especially like the little spindles on the staircase.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #979 on: December 23, 2011 08:59:55 AM »

very cute room-Love the kittens - Merry Christmas to you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 199 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...