A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,769
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 197
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee House Craftalong-Ongoing 2011-Forever!  (Read 294028 times)
Tags for this thread: dollhouse  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1500 on: September 22, 2012 08:58:07 AM »

"Do you really want this?"

I have that conversation at least once a month. lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Snugglebugmom

member of the Wee House Posse

View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: September 22, 2012 09:52:53 AM »

My DH doesn't throw anything out anymore, he comes to ask me first:"Do you want this for anything?" Good man!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
microjivvy
« Reply #1502 on: September 22, 2012 12:19:25 PM »

dear Knickers, I'm sure many of us would love the insider info on how you broke those "already installed" acrylic windows.

Or maybe it's just me, but I really really want to know.  Cheesy

As to the trash conversation... here's one I had a long time ago:

Other Person: [holding up some piece of trash] Do you want this?
Me: [in a disgusted voice] Why the hell would I want that?
Other Person: [looking hurt and heading toward pissed] Because last week you yelled at me for throwing the milk jug lid away!
Me: [sheepishly] ... oh... right... no, I don't want that... thank you for asking.

Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1503 on: September 22, 2012 04:24:44 PM »

These stories of scavenging trash are so familiar. I have a colleague at work (I'm a prop builder) who I think slips over the line into Hoarder. This was a conversation from the other day:

Her: What did you do with the protective sleeves from those tassels you sewed on this morning?
Me: I put them in the garbage.
(pause) Her: Which garbage?
Me: The one by the door.
Her: Thanks! (exits quickly.)

Sure enough, the next time I passed by, the tassel sleeves (which were just rectangles of acetate held with a bit of tape) were sitting on her workbench, waiting to be stashed somewhere. Sigh.

Thanks for the waterstain, Knicky! It's great. I love the covered furniture - always creepy. And I second the request for a broken window how-to. I would have said it couldn't be done in situ, and would've suggested prying the windows out and replacing them with "smashed" ones of acetate or styrene.

Craftsunderground, you know those wire cork thingys make great wrought iron chairs, right?  Wink

Wulf
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012 04:26:11 PM by Wulf » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dr. Craft
« Reply #1504 on: September 22, 2012 04:56:56 PM »

Glad to find a group that would find this funny, but not unbelievably odd:
My daughter was married two weeks ago and the night before the wedding, we had 105 people to dinner at my house and one of the beverages was hard cider with those great twisted wire cork toppers. The whole evening I had to keep myself focused on guests and catering and keep myself from running over to the beverage table to keep the wires from being thrown out (of course they all were). Luckily, the wedding next day made up for my disappointment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1505 on: September 22, 2012 06:51:55 PM »

I wonder, if windows can't be broken, perhaps score some random lines with a knife/razor, and then brush black paint over it and wipe it off right away? The paint would stay in the lines and it'd look like a cracked windowpane.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1506 on: September 22, 2012 07:18:01 PM »

The windows were actually very easy to 'break'. I eased an exacto blade in the vinyl by twisting it and making a small hole, then sliced right in with the blade. Thankfully it didn't matter if it was jagged so the effect worked really well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Madra
« Reply #1507 on: September 23, 2012 09:18:37 AM »

Hahaha! I love all these 'junk collecting' stories...makes me feel not so alone :>   I have a wonderful hubby who works in a cigar shop and he often brings me home little treasures. "I dunno what you could do with this, but it looks like it could be a something". Gotta love him! xxx

@Ashgrim How did you make the little photo on the bookshelf?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ysmeine
« Reply #1508 on: September 23, 2012 11:08:48 AM »

I bought one of those fiddly doll house kits when Bluesisteralex was little. The boys kept pulling off shingles and I finally got rid of it and bought her a plastic house. After moving so many times it was long gone and she has always wanted another doll house. Five years ago I bought her some furniture and photo boxes for each room. I also promised that some day I would buy a house and she would have room for a doll house again. She started leaving her boxes out and they got stomped on by the boys. You would think I had Godzilla living in the house.

Bluesisteralex no longer lives at home but she went craft shopping with me this weekend. We stopped at the doll furniture again and I decided to make a couple terrariums and we grabbed stuff to make a couple displays for her to make as well.

Alex made a enchanted reading garden for her friend who is expecting.

It has a little mirrored pond with a strawflower water lily and a frog prince. The crown was a bead end cap.

We put a rocking chair in the other corner. I made a small afghan and we placed a book in the seat with two more stacked on a bench. The chair still rocks even though it is glued in.

She also made a computer nook that hangs on the wall. The desk looks just like her boyfriends and she added cans of soda and a fastfood bag to complete the look. she even found a minecraft screen shot for the screen.

the walls were not exactly how we planned, but I like the button light fixture we made.

I made a couple fall garden terrariums. I also started working on a potting bench as I added one to my real garden this year. I still haven't decided what to do with the potting bench yet.

I'm not sure if this one is done. at one time it had a peaked roof, but it was lost years ago. Must have been Godzilla again.

I like this one because the bench looks like the one outside my door. I keep flowers on it and sometimes pumpkins in the fall.

This potting bench was painted to match the large one and is actually the style I had originally envisioned for my garden.

I made simple seed packets in a crate then cut and painted a hat to make a basket for tomatoes. They are actually asparagus berries. Then I made a small box with wooden bead potatoes. I need to make some clay veggies

I might have to make a small doll house. I never realized they come so small. I would lover to make a brewing room. I have some glass vials that would make great carbides.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Snugglebugmom

member of the Wee House Posse

View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: September 23, 2012 04:03:31 PM »

The enchanted reading garden is precious, and I love the potting bench! You really should do a house, I'll bet it will be amazing! And it's such fun... I am already working on my second one and the first one isn't even completely done! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 197 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Avocado Hair Treatment
How to Side Braid Your Own Hair
Castor and Coconut Oil Mask to Make Your Hair Grow
Futuristic Ponytail Hairstyles Backstage at Herve Leger FW 2014
How to Use Hot Rollers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...