A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,690
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 195
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee House Craftalong-Ongoing 2011-Forever!  (Read 264599 times)
Tags for this thread: dollhouse  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

madame marigold
« Reply #1400 on: August 10, 2012 08:36:53 AM »

That is one o the few I haver read! but have heard and seen posts about it. I think it would be a wonderful house! Would be able to use a very aeclectic group of "do-dads"  Grin

I cant wait to see it! I never knew what I was missing in my childhood!
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Madra
« Reply #1401 on: August 11, 2012 06:53:39 AM »

It's never too late to read it! It's downright inspiring to anyone interested in minis. In fact, it's probably the series that started me off in my lifelong fascination with miniatures   Cheesy  I made my first shoebox house while I was reading them...I think I must have been about 8. The Littles were another another similarly inspiring series Smiley

That is one o the few I haver read! but have heard and seen posts about it. I think it would be a wonderful house! Would be able to use a very aeclectic group of "do-dads"  Grin

I cant wait to see it! I never knew what I was missing in my childhood!
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madame marigold
« Reply #1402 on: August 11, 2012 11:14:20 AM »

hahaha my first one I was 4? and dad was watching dark shadows on the tv (and dozed off) and I used his newspaper and pill bottles to form the floor, roof, and walls...and beads..fake pearls for the decor.

I got upset we he woke up and ruined my HOUSE getting his stuff back.. pouts.... Grin Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
microjivvy
« Reply #1403 on: August 11, 2012 11:48:10 PM »

As a wee one, I spent a goodly amount of time watching the floorboards for evidence of Borrowers.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
Snugglebugmom

member of the Wee House Posse

View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: August 14, 2012 10:22:05 AM »

Hello! I've been a member/lurker for ages, but this thread has me finally uncloaking. I'm in awe of the creativity and the talent I have seen on this thread, and I am currently obsessed with tiny houses and tiny things. (Although not as tiny as Microjivvy's stuff... I bow down to your dexterity and patience!)
I first built the Creatology gothic villa as a dollhouse for my daughters (4 and 6 years old) and I was going to go all out with the decorating and fancying up... but of course, being kids, they did not want to wait until mommy was done fiddling because that was going to take forever! (They were right, actually Wink ) So I built it, they painted it, and I bought another kit for myself to lavish my attention and creativity on. This one is the fantasy villa one, and I am having a great time with it.
I can't post pictures yet, but I am taking them here and there and I hope to be able to show off my progress at some point!

Iris
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1405 on: August 14, 2012 11:06:50 AM »

Yay Snugglebugmom! Welcome and please do show off your pics when you can:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Madra
« Reply #1406 on: August 14, 2012 11:19:41 AM »

Hi Snugglebugmom from one former lurker newbie to another! Welcome Smiley  How difficult are you finding the fantasy villa? I've bought the kit, but it intimidates the heck outta me. Serves me right for looking at the reviews I guess! Do you have a theme going for your wee house? I love hearing what everyone else is doing...you're all so darned inspiring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Snugglebugmom

View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: August 14, 2012 12:59:38 PM »

Thanks, Knickertwist! You have no idea what an inspiration you have been to me, I have a whole bunch of your wee houses and other things pinned. So awesome!

Madra, I didn't find it all that complicated actually! I put the other one together first, and even that wasn't all that hard. And the second one makes more sense because you already know the principles. I'm a fan of puzzles in general and jigsaw in particular, so your mileage may vary.
Big tip though: mark your pieces BEFORE you punch them out. It's probably ridiculously obvious to most people, but with my first kit I didn't.  Embarrassed I had to look up every tiny piece on the instruction sheet (which is really just a map of the wood sheets) and some of the pieces are very, very similar. It makes things a lot more difficult than necessary!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Snugglebugmom

View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 14, 2012 06:40:06 PM »

Do you have a theme going for your wee house?

I missed that bit the first time I replied! I was going for a fairy house, a nondescript tinker fairy rather like Tinkerbell. People stuff turned into fairy stuff and things like that.
But for some reason now I find the house more like the dwelling of a solitary woman who feels more at ease with woodland creatures than people... Funny how some things seem to all of a sudden take on a life of their own, isn't it?! I guess I don't know for sure yet. The house will have to tell me what it's supposed to be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Madra
« Reply #1409 on: August 15, 2012 05:48:37 AM »

That sounds sweet...looking forward to seeing pics. My house has come to a halt at the moment.... I seem to suffer from Crafting ADD. I already have a couple of wonderful inspiring projects on the go, but I have a couple more clamoring inside my head that are begging to be started. I'm TRYING to be a grownup about this and finish what I've started first, but it's hard! lol  Roll Eyes  I should stay away from Pinterest.  Grin   Speaking of Pinterest though, I just this morning found some pics of lovely twiggy type furniture, lemme know if you'd like the link Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 195 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
You’ll Never Guess The First Thing Miss USA Ate After Her Victory
See Makeup Pro Kandee Johnson Transform Into Taylor Swift
Pick Up This Purse Essential on Your Next Grocery Trip
The Best Beauty Products for Summer Chosen by Essence
The Look: A Fresh Faced Modern Bride
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...