A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,689
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 197
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee House Craftalong-Ongoing 2011-Forever!  (Read 293055 times)
Tags for this thread: dollhouse  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spookygrrrly

glitter glue addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1370 on: July 02, 2012 12:15:22 AM »

So I added a couple of washes and scrubbed with a brass brush to age the hardwood floor a bit more:

Also I've been a wallpapering fool:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

spookygrrrly

glitter glue addict

« Reply #1371 on: July 02, 2012 12:17:49 AM »

I really want to start another Wee House but I know that I really don't have any time or space to make a new one, so I did this with scrap pieces of wood to help feed the addiction!

Now *that* is a wee house! Very cute too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1372 on: July 12, 2012 08:47:16 AM »

The Alice house turned out fabulous! 

Micro--holy cow! I admire what you go through to create your tiny things!  Sorry, but those are NOT sexy glasses! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

microjivvy
« Reply #1373 on: July 16, 2012 12:49:53 AM »

Micro--holy cow! I admire what you go through to create your tiny things!  Sorry, but those are NOT sexy glasses! Cheesy

ha!  I should take a picture when I'm wearing both the magnifying visor and my reading glasses, I'm sure that one would change your mind about the sexxxxxxxiness.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1374 on: July 19, 2012 06:05:11 AM »

I have a completely random, non-decorating question about the house kit pictured on the first page of the post, so I'm hoping that someone who has assembled it can help me.

I teach 6th grade science and one of the projects we did this year was for the students to design a method to try to earthquake-proof house. Well, 1 week, 1000 glue sticks and  what felt like a half ton of cardboard later, we had a bunch of houses, but only one or two groups actually tried any earthquake-proofing. We tested the structures on a shake table, and I put some cardstock furniture pieces inside (they got points depending on how much of the furniture stayed up).

This year, I really want them to focus on the earthquake-proof methods, so I'd like to have a ready-made house that we can use to test out their methods. I can see the outer dimensions on the package label, but I'm wondering about the height of each floor. I'm really looking for a house with 2 floors and an attic, but I'm guessing that if the kits are made by the same company then the height between each floor will be the same.

So, if anyone can tell me what the floor to ceiling height is, I'd appreciate it! If it's around the same size, I may be spending a little bit of my summer working on a house! Thanks for any help!

Ooh! Use a cob model! It's incredibly quake resistant! The best, actually. Check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJk_AFY4sgE
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

« Reply #1375 on: July 19, 2012 01:22:02 PM »

I just started a new topic on miniature supplies organization.  Because I need some serious help.  I don't think the discussion boards see much action so I thought I would post a link here, since we seem to have collected every miniaturist on craftster:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=411706.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1376 on: July 25, 2012 07:02:04 AM »

Ooh! Use a cob model! It's incredibly quake resistant! The best, actually. Check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJk_AFY4sgE

Thanks for that link! It does look pretty sturdy! And, less expensive, too Smiley I might be able to make a couple of models to use in our tests. I don't think mine will be as cute as the one in the video (loved the windows and the roof!), but I'm sure my students won't mind!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
aluraceleste
« Reply #1377 on: July 29, 2012 11:50:49 AM »

I'm so glad that you all are still here! I just dug my doll house back out of the closet and can't wait to actually get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Madra
« Reply #1378 on: July 29, 2012 12:33:08 PM »

I'm still here too. I've started on the little Victorian puzzle house and have been taking pictures as I go. I don't think I'm allowed to post any though til I've made a certain number of posts here Smiley  So hi! *post number clicks up 1*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madame marigold
« Reply #1379 on: August 03, 2012 07:09:53 AM »

Im still here as well...I got my 1st (creatology version of the Tennyson?) dry fitted but havent started the final fitting till I figure out what my exterior is gonna look like! I just can decide...... Undecided

then I have another creatology one that is like the one Knickertwist used for the "Squirrels End" tavern. I think that one might wind up "Shell Cottage" from HP.....

And of course I just couldnt resist hitting "bid" on a BIGGER version of who knows what dollhouse....(gonna be WAYYY bigger!) so it is just still in box in birdroom for now...

and last but not least the computer.....still needs dismantled and coverted.....

(Thank goodness DH is to hot to fuss about throwing these away!)
as far as throw away puters? I got 4! shushhhh dont let him realize!  Wink Grin

Anybody willing to let me bounce ideas on exterior for 1st one off of them? Its theme is the "Queen of Hearts" house......Huh??
 Wink Kiss Embarrassed

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 197 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Test Lab: Brush-On Mascara
Is Coconut Oil a Beauty Miracle?
How to Rock Wet-Look Lids
What Make Up to Wear with a Tan
Will This Glossy Topcoat Transform Your Lipstick Wardrobe?
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...