A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 307,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
301 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 199
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee House Craftalong-Ongoing 2011-Forever!  (Read 474273 times)
Tags for this thread: dollhouse , miniature , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Momof2!
« Reply #1130 on: February 07, 2012 04:25:25 AM »

Your house looks great! What did you make the staircase out of? Oh, and how do you plan on making a tin roof out of soup cans? My #1 choice for my wee house is a tin roof and I haven't figured out how I am going to do that. I was thinking of a faux paint job but really don't think I could make it look real enough. Never thought of cans! I'm excited to find out what ideas you have about the roof Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1131 on: February 07, 2012 06:04:57 AM »

ThistleHill, love, love, love it! I adore the fireplace and cauldron, the little cast iron pans, but especially like the tiny oven mitt and potholder.

Fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2014" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1132 on: February 07, 2012 10:08:58 AM »

I love the people sized food! And the little hooks for the pots and pans are so clever. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThistleHill
« Reply #1133 on: February 07, 2012 10:42:17 AM »

Thanks guys.  Wink

Momof2 - the staircase was pretty easy actually, just made the "branch" trunk out of paperclay and painted it up, then snipped Popsicle sticks for the treads and hot glued them on ( after a failed superglue attempt).  I am certain the difficulty would increase 10 fold if I attempted to put a railing on them.

For the tin can roof, I am thinking I'll take off both ends- snip it into a long run, bang it flat and crimps the raw edges ( to prevent cut fingers of little ones) and rivet the sections together.  I am then going to raid the gun cabinet and use some gun oil bluing to give the roof a patina.  I use that stuff on alot actually Wink.  Again, my house is supposed to look like "found objects" so if it looks a little soup canny I am okay with that. But I do plan on using only cans with the ridges and run them from the peak to the gutter so it would mimic real roof tin and help with rain runoff Wink

If it works out- I will take some pics for show and tell hahaha
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012 10:44:41 AM by ThistleHill » THIS ROCKS   Logged
katara
« Reply #1134 on: February 07, 2012 09:51:47 PM »

ThistleHill - Your wee kitchen is looking fab!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
« Reply #1135 on: February 07, 2012 11:09:20 PM »

I scored a vintage, unbuilt dollhouse at the thrift store for $10! Too many other projects to start building now, but I have one finally!!!  It took a year, but it was worth the wait/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for the free row by row patterns.  If you are able to get me one from your town I will paypal you $2 for postage.
Miss Milly
« Reply #1136 on: February 13, 2012 12:17:54 AM »

Hi from sunny downtown Adelaide, South Australia.
This thread is amazing!! SO many wonderful houses and the incredible "bits "people have been making! Oh, my!
My plan several months ago was to make a mixed media house -- but somehow it never quite made the grade once I got past the first part of gesso-ing the inside of the boxes.
I have a set of boxes, 6 of them about 3 "x 7 ", and one 10"x 4" , and in the last couple of days I have been very busy.
I found doing a "dry run" very helpful as it sorted my ideas into a workable pile!
My house is a Mermaids "cave "/palace aka The Little Mermaid ( before she got herself into Disney movies)
No little mermaid story is complete without the sea witch, and she has been the first doll I created.
I found I needed to have my characters started to enable me to know what sort of decor they would like.
They were very cheap little plastic dolls, a bargain at 50 cents each..
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=513424&ppuser=291277
To date I have:
-watercoloured inside of boxes, and added a feature wall of sandpaper and sequin/bead mix
-started the sea-witch tower, using a gravy flour tube much like Pringles containers
-the sea- witch doll has been painted green, had a hair transplant and mermaids tail added. Another doll has been altered with tail, hair implants and beads.

-painted the tiny combs that came with the dolls, and adding beads.. the bathroom is going to include a comb display-- what self-respecting mermaid does not have a pretty comb!

I have not worked out how to imbed images yet, but these are in my gallery.
thanks for the opportunity to join in the fun!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012 12:51:23 AM by Miss Milly - Reason: too many links! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1137 on: February 14, 2012 06:50:58 AM »

Love the gnome kitchen!  Your floors look fabulous and I love what you are doing on the outside!

Miss Milly--I also want to do a random box style house like in your picture!  Each room is to be decorated differently...I thought about dedicating one room to each friend of mine...trying to capture their personalities...I already have sketches for a tattoo room and a chocolate room... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Milly
« Reply #1138 on: February 14, 2012 11:48:15 AM »

I started off thinking of a fairy tale house, with different much loved tales for each room..but mermaids are such vain creatures, they demanded a house of their own!
A Hansel and Gretel kitchen..Little Tin Soldier lounge room..oh well , looks like I will just HAVE to plan another house  when this one is done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1139 on: February 14, 2012 12:15:31 PM »

oooo and underwater house!  All of those sound so dreamy and wonderful...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 199 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Tabletop Holiday Trees
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Holiday Bingo
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Kitty Floss Holders

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...