A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
761 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frida Kahlo Swap  (Read 5640 times)
Tags for this thread: frida_kahlo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ophelia
*OpHeLiA*

i <3 craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005 05:01:17 PM »

Ok, Well EmilyFlew should have recieved my package already, so here is what I sent her. I am sooo sorry if for some reason you didn't recieve it yet!!! I'm going to be out of town, so I thought I should post them now just incase.... Sorry if I ruined a surprise!!!

(1) FRIDA KAHLO DIA DE LOS MUERTOS (Day of the Dead) SHRINE

FRONT

INSIDE

BACK

(2) FRIDA KAHLO PORTAITS & CACTUS CARDS

(3) FRIDA KAHLO INSPIRED NECKLACES

(4) FRIDA KAHLO IPOD COZY/CASE KIT

THIS ROCKS   Logged
EmilyFlew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005 05:09:23 PM »

OMG I didn't get my package yet but I'm totally going to work early to find it! haha! Everything is beautiful!!!!!! Don't worry about posting pics early, it's just making me way excited to see the real thing! Thank you in advance ophelia!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
TabaRhodes
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005 06:16:59 PM »

awesome stuff!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SuzukiBeane33
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005 07:14:36 PM »

Holy jeez, that shrine ROCKS!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am invisible, he thinks often.  And Exempt.  Immunity has been granted to me, for I do not lose my cool.  Polarity is selected at will, for I am not ionized and I possess not valence."
-Richard Farina, "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me"

www.baltimorediy.blogspot.com
kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005 07:37:57 PM »

Ophelia that stuff is amazing. I really should have done this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005 07:38:25 PM »

Geez, that is some amazing stuff. I love swaps! I'm not even in this one Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
ilonavg
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2005 02:49:45 AM »

I got my package from jujubecraftin today! *beams* It's great!
She sent me a wonderful decoupaged mirror with small black&white Frida pictures all over it, a darling bottlecap keychain, a glass candleholder which will make a neat little party light on my balcony tonight and most splendid of all: a felt necklace, based on my favourite Frida-painting My Dress Hangs There!! You got to see it to believe it! Smiley I'm really delighted.
Unfortunately my camera is under repair now, and I won't be able to take pics of the items before the end of next week, so that will take a little while, but when I have pictures I will surely post them here.
Thanks for being a great swap partner, jujubecraftin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In olden times when wishing still helped one...
SuzukiBeane33
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2005 06:59:29 AM »

ithnkuno sent me an AMAZING bag made of a thick orange-y striped canvas fabric on the outside and a really great deep blue fabric inside with Mexican folk style images of suns, roosters, etc. on it.  It's got tons of little pockets, which I love because I'm constantly paranoid about losing my cell phone and keys.  And the coup de grace... A huge embroidered image on the front of Frida and a monkey from one of her self portraits, with the caption "Viva Frida."  I LOVE it!  My family was absolutely amazed, they couldn't believe people swap this stuff for "free."  Plus there is a monkey on it, which will go with the million and one other monkey things I own!  (ithnkuno- My mom totally freaked out when she saw your logo "monkey and me" since she has bought me monkey stuff since the day I was born!)

Plus there is a handpainted ceramic necklace with Frida on it, and little booklets of Frida's paintings, Diego's paintings, and art stickers of Frida's paintings, which I am so inspired by and can't wait to do something with!!

I am officially swap addicted and I want to publicly thank ithnkuno for making me so  Cheesy

Viva Frida!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am invisible, he thinks often.  And Exempt.  Immunity has been granted to me, for I do not lose my cool.  Polarity is selected at will, for I am not ionized and I possess not valence."
-Richard Farina, "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me"

www.baltimorediy.blogspot.com
ophelia
*OpHeLiA*

i <3 craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2005 12:02:45 PM »

Awesome!!! Let's see some more pictures!!!! I can't wait to see these fabulous sounding crafts!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ithnkuno
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2005 09:50:43 PM »

I'm so glad that you liked it so much, Thumbelina. I had alot of fun with this swap, and frankly, I think I may have out done myself. To think I almost didn't sign up for it. Thank goodness I'm impulsive. I was really happy with everything, but more than anything I am happy that you like it and that my work is appreciated. That makes it even better. And how great that my "Monkey and Me" name had such a significance. It must have been fated.
 Because of my business name, I chose Self Portrait with Monkey 1938, to base my work on.
(not one of my partners choices btw)
the Frida bag:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y273/ithnkuno/4fc3f316.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y273/ithnkuno/101_0732.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y273/ithnkuno/101_0732.jpg

the ceramic necklace, (it's big, but looks hot with a strapless top or tank):
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y273/ithnkuno/4e4003d8.jpg

After wearing myself out on those two, I took a visit to my museum shop, at the Va Fine Arts Museum and picked up the little books, having bought many for myself of various artists in the past. Some inspiration I hope. (not pictured, 3 Dover publications mini books, 2 postcard books Frida and Diego, 1 sticker book of Frida paintings)

I'm happy to have gotten you so hooked on swapping. I personally am way hooked to Crackster as I have been calling it, and I try to push my drug on anyone who will listen. Craftster rocks! Have fun swappin. It is always better to give than to recieve, but it sure kicks booty when you get good booty. Remember, it's not "free", you did some creating of your own! Pass it on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.monkeyandme.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/ithnkuno
"every child is born an artist, the challenge is how to remain an artist when they grow up." picasso
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Vintage Volume Do
How to Do a Cute Braided Style
How to Get Big, Sexy Curls
How to Trim Your Own Hair
How to Fight Frizz with a Voluminous Bun
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...