A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
404 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2011 Holiday Crafting To Do Lists!  (Read 15610 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skittlebub
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2011 10:52:50 AM »

Robin - you could do family gifts for each group of people to bring the costs down.
Like a movie night gift basket
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
acorn86
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2011 08:09:30 PM »

Okay, so with just over a month to go, I am ready to modify/ update my list for the second time. Once again, I really wish I had more finished, but I guess I'm doing pretty good. My schedule is just a little full. Smiley

Started
Finished
Gifts Partially Purchased (still need to get something to finish it, etc)
Gifts completely Purchased

Adults:
Darling Husband:
freezer paper stenciled pajamas
I really need a romantic idea for our anniversary (which is a week before Christmas)

Dad:
Alabama (football) throw pillows
A matching fleece blanket
Cross stitched bookmark for his Bible

Twin sister (and best friend):
cross stitched glasses case (lined with soft fabric on the inside)
Harry Potter (Ravenclaw) bookmarks x3

Best Friend (like a sister):
cross stitched tree ornaments Almost Finished!
Sign for their front door
Libra and Virgo throw pillows for her bed (for her and her wonderful new hubby)
embroidered pillow cases (to match the throw pillows)[/green]

Mother-in-law:
Still no idea. Sad 

Mother-in-law's sweetie:
etched mugs and snack bowls (complete with snacks). Still need to get etching cream.

Father-in-law:
Still thinking. 

My Aunts (great aunt and great, great aunt) Both are like grandmas to me.
No go on the banners. Ummm...

DH's aunts
Handpoured candles

DH's great aunt:
Calender (bought from church youth group)

DH's best friend and his sweetie:
Gift Bought[/s]
Not sure if I'm making something to go with gift or not.

Friends at Church:
A and B: All gifts bought
M and D: No idea. Sad
C: no idea

Everyone else at church:
cards

Son's teacher
Homemade Gift Basket filled with goodies (nice hand soaps, candles, etc.)

Son's Sunday School teacher   
Sunday school teacher coffee mug and make something coffee/tea related to go with.

Pastor (/employer) and Pastor's wife
Nice Christmas basket with gift card for a night out

Teacher's aide/music teacher at work:
Ummm... not sure. Maybe a nice coffee mug with some homemade treats?

Children:
Darling Son (7 years old):
book box (I've bought the books, but I need to decorate the box)
bookmarks to go with book box

Sister-in-law (11yo)
All gifts bought

Niece (8yo)
book box
bookmarks to go with book box

Nephew (14yo)
All gifts bought

Nephew(12 yo)
All gifts bought

Nephew (10 yo)
All gifts bought

Niece (9yo)
All Gifts Bought

Nephew (9yo)
All gifts bought

Niece (3yo)
All gifts bought

Step-Nephew (8yo)
All gifts bought

Step-Nephew (5yo)
All gifts bought

DH's Best Friend's kids:
3yo Boy:
All gifts bought

New Baby Daughter
All gifts bought

(A and B) Friends at church's kids:
2yo boy: All Gifts Bought
6yo boy: All Gifts Bought

Wednesday night Girl's Club (church class that I teach)
Accessories
Purses
Change Purses

Second and Third grade Sunday School class:
Goodie Bags

Children's Church
Still don't know. I need a simple inexpensive idea.

Son's class at school:
Goodie Bags

My class at school:
Assorted Gender specific Gifts (I've bought part of these)
]Goodie Bags

All together I'm doing about sixty goodie bags with candy and small prizes inside. I've bought everything to go in these, now I just need to assemble them.

I hope to update about two weeks from n ow and have most of this stuff finished. Wish me luck.

[/quote]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2011 04:30:29 AM »

Not quite on topic, but I spent all morning helping a 10yr old make some of her Christmas presents. We made 2 pairs of earrings, a bracelet and a necklace.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2011 04:40:48 AM »

I think that's on topic Antidigger! You were working on her Crafting To Do list. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GreenStockings
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2011 01:36:18 PM »

So here's the first time I'm making a list of what I have and haven't made yet, and actually facing what I haven't done yet...  Here we go!

ETA: (December 4th) for updates! Sorry for the weird URLs... I tried to whip out my html skills, but they didn't work here...

Bear (45 (today!) yo husband)
- Kobo E-Reader (maybe I'll make a case for it?  I made one for my own, so it shouldn't be too hard to do a second time; would need to buy more supplies) Cancelled for now, too poor.  If my tax return shows up before Christmas, maybe.
- Hand made cotton flannel tunic style shirt (when will I have time to make this?) Cancelled - too little time, too little space.
- http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/flying-spaghetti-monster-ornament
- Lovers' Mittens (three mittens for two people!  One mitten has two openings for lovers to hold hands inside!)
- Stocking things (small nifty things from www.leevalley.ca (which if you do not know it is the most amazing catalogue ever), chocolates, goofy things, magazine/paper back)

The Caffeinated Panda (11yo stepson)
- Mohawk knitted hat (have the yarn for the mohawk part, but not the for hat part - he wants it to be the same colour as his skin, so the mohawk looks more real!)
- Stocking things (plastic crap from the dollar store, a little bit of candy (he's ADHD), he loves little boxes, so I'm thinking of dressing up one to be "top secret" with a lock dollar store treasure chest(s), some comic books/kids magazines, some small musical instrument? would that drive us completely nuts?)

Kawaii Loving Superstar of Awesome (17 yo stepdaughter)
- Have no idea! But she loves everything I make for her!
- Stocking things (makeup, manga comic books, chocolates, art supplies, cheap/cute jewelry)

Mum & Dad (my 'boomer folks)
- Lady Rose's Relish 2 x 500ml jars (this was a request from my mum, so I'm making one for their house and one for their cottage) Made! but not canned
- Dad wants some www.leevalley.ca items, so we're putting together a package of stuff.
- Stocking items (wind up toys, which is a traditional gift from my sister and I, even though she is overseas this Christmas Sad My sister is coming home for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Hostess gift (In my family it is traditional to bring a small Christmas-themed gift (usually a decor item) to the person (traditionally woman) who is hosting Christmas.  Since 15 of us are going to be at my parents' cottage for Christmas, plus 4 dogs, I think they deserve something really good as a hosting gift!!  But I don't know what...  I'm leaning towards a Christmas album by these amazing ladies http://radio3.cbc.ca/#/bands/The-Good-Lovelies if I don't think of something to make.

Aunt J & Uncle B (well into their sixties)
- Knitted dishcloths to (sort of) match their kitchen (#2 of 3 is 80% done)
- Something more oriented towards Uncle B??

Aunt S & her dog Lincoln (well into her sixties)
- Lightly felted red & white hot pads (knitted but not felted) It turns out that she actually wants a pair of really warm mittens, so using the Yarn Harlot's thrum-a-long pattern, I'm making http://www.ravelry.com/projects/GreenStockings/yarn-harlot-thrummed-mittens (Amethyst Walking The Dog Mitts)
- Something for the dog

Cousin C & Cousin S (in their 30s)
- 1 x 500ml jar of Lady Rose's Relish (made but not canned)
- Decorated box for Cousin S (have supplies)
- Flying Spaghetti Monster Ornament

their kids, Trouble 1 & Trouble 2 (age 8 & 6)
- Mohawk knitted hats (hat 1 is knitted, hat 2 is knitted, need to have mohawks attached, which I have the yarn for)

Cousin M & Cousin B (in their 30s) & their 2 dogs
- 1 x 500ml jar of Lady Rose's Relish (made but not canned)
- bought the materials today for: http://www.instructables.com/id/Stratocaster-Chopping-Board-aka-the-StratoCh/ (The StratoChopper!)
- Maybe a recycled record bowl
- Generic things for their dogs

Groucho (my basset hound)
- Whatever the generic dog gift is

Ooof... this list is so long I had to go get myself a snack in the middle...

Best Friends J & T (in their late 20s)
- Matching/complimentary knitted set of 1 x hot pad (finished), 3 x dishcloth (finished), 1 x tea cozy (15% complete).  These will match the afghan I knitted for them for their wedding.
- 1 x 250ml jar of Lady Rose's Relish

Best Friend J & her newly-live-in boyfriend J, the man who is allergic to everything (in their early 30s)
- She's getting the red & white lightly felted pot holders!
- 1 x 250ml jar of Lady Rose's Relish, with very detailed ingredients so he'll know if he can eat it or not...

Best Friend N & her long-time-live-in boyfriend L
- If I have enough time, a Flying Spaghetti Monster Ornament
- 1 x 250ml jar of Lady Rose's Relish - she is gluten-free, so food is limited, but I made this with rice flour special for her!

Bear's Family
- I have traditionally done an assembly-line gift for this gang... they don't do Christmas with quite the same enthusiasm as my family does, and if I wasn't organizing gifts for them, Bear wouldn't be either.  So I've done things like otherwise identical ornaments with their initials painted on them, small food items...
 - Sister 1 & husband (in their 40s)
 - Sister 1's teenage daughter
 - Sister 1's mid-20s-engaged-law-student son
These 4 are getting http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/corrugated-coffee-cozy (Coffee Cozies)
- His intended
 - Mum & Dad (in their 70s)
 - Sister 2 (in her 40s)
 - Sister 2's young son and daughter (both under 5ys)
 - Bear's young teenage niece

Unless Bear comes up with something, these folks lose out.  We're not spending Christmas with Bear's family, so I'm not planning to do anything for them.

Colleagues (8 people)
- Knitted coffee sleeves, as above.  I'm going to make them with a button closure for 4  of the office-dwellers, because we use handle, ceramic mugs in the office, and 4 that are just straight around, because they're a touring group of actors, I imagine they do a fair amount of drive through!

Sister (mid 20s)
- She is touring overseas, and doesn't have a fixed address.  I need to think of a cool e-thing I can send. She's coming home for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm SOOOOOO excited!!! I had come up with a great e-gift, but now I've had to come up with a physical gift.  An organization we both love called  http://www.headandhands.ca (Head & Hands) is publishing a cook book in the new year, so I'm hoping to be able to pre-purchase a copy for her.

I think that's it!  It'd better be it!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011 12:52:20 PM by GreenStockings » THIS ROCKS   Logged
J_Kieviet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2011 01:50:55 PM »

Taking a break from the Christmas crafting to work on something for myself, but once the blouse is done, i'm onto pyjamas
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
moonjelly
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2011 09:35:05 AM »

I had really hoped to be done my gifts for all the Canadians on my list by now, but I'm not even close! Life just got in the way I guess.

Canadians:

mom: monogrammed tote bag/reusable shopping bag, photo card (need to take the photo!), wine cork coasters if I can get the corks, unsure of what else but I want to do a few things

step-dad: no clue! He is pretty hard to craft for. I'll probably do some different types of spiced/flavoured nuts and then give in and buy something (maybe send him some beer bottles for his collection?)

dad and step-mom: another hard one since I don't really know my step-mom. Crocheted shawl for her (dying for the crescent moon shawl pattern, if anyone knows what I'm talking about, links to something similar?) and photos and a food gift for him.

twin sister: Hello Kitty crocheted hat and mitts

Sister's boyfriend: Hat/scarf/mitts combo, almost finished.

Step-sister: braided headbands/bracelets, something home decor-y...?

Best Friend 1: watermark tshirts with quotes from her favourite band/causes, braided headbands, unsure of what else. Need more since it's also her birthday this month.

Best Friend 2: watermark tshirts, braided bracelets

Aunt: crocheted shawl (finished!)

Uncle: spiced nuts

Grandpa: no idea! photo coasters?

phew! Now for the

Americans

MIL, two Aunts-In-Law, Step-Mother-In-Law: monogrammed tote bag, teacup candles, some sort of food gift, photo card

FIL: no idea!

Two step-sisters and one step-brother in law: food gifts

Uncle-in-law: food gift

Grandma-in-law: watermark pillowcases with her name on them

Husband: So far I don't have any crafty plans for him! :O I might do some poker themed art for our house

friends: food gifts

Oh my goodness, so much to do! I still need some more supplies (fabric paint, dye, t-shirts, pillowcases, cork, tiles for coasters, freezer paper) but I really need to get to work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2011 05:35:28 PM »

I've managed to knock out a LOT of my list either through some sneaky crafting or through the Ongoing Holiday swap.

Here's my latest bit of sneaky Wife Crafting!

One of  items on my list for my husband was a trash can for his car. I ended up making a pair just because I had the material so now, we'll have one for each of the kids when we travel. (They are the ones who make a mess anyways.) They are made from black Naugahyde (not as hard to work with as I had thought!), designed to hang over the back of the front seat, have a pleated bottom to make them roomier at the base (amd they will sit flat!),  unlined so that we can reuse plastic shopping bags which are always in abundance on trips and have long straps with velcro on the ends so that they will fit easily on the metal posts of the headrest.  As for size, I wanted them deep enough so that if the kids put soda bottles in the bag, they wouldn't fall out. A 2L bottle fits inside of the trash can with no problem.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/bajita42/IMG_1430.jpg

I worked on these tonight while he was immersed in playing Call of Duty with his brother on the XBox in his office.  Grin

Next, I'm tackling the knife roll! I have the canvas laid out and have already measured all of the knives. Just need to start cutting. WooHooo!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013 03:37:01 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2011 08:41:24 PM »

I am officially finished with my husband's gifts! Cheesy

I was able to make the knife roll tonight.

Inside shot - The top piece edged in green is a flap that folds down over the handles to help hold them in place.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/bajita42/IMG_1431.jpg

All tied up - I left the ties extra long on purpose. He might want velcro instead of a traditional tie so I'll let him decide after he unwraps. Smiley

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/bajita42/IMG_1432.jpg
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013 03:36:49 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
EarthybyNature

Start a Revolution!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2011 08:26:59 PM »

Wowie! Shocked Some of you have major lists that I cannot even fathom having to tackle!!
But here's mine anyways: Wink Help is greatly wanted if you have any ideas!!

My Love: No idea yet! eek!! I'm thinking a really easy scarf, bc he has stated time and time again how he would like a longer one. -Card for him

Dad: Definitely going to do at least 2 of the record bowls decorated! Oh, and possibly magnet set?? Huh -Card!

Mom: Magnet set for sure! I think necklace with earring set would be good 2, she always loves when I make her anything! (She loves turtles) Came up with something better, I am going to make her a little Raggedy Ann and Andy sculpture type thing (made of clay?). -Card!

Brother #1: Well, originally I wanted to make him something that goes with his love for theatre. Recently he told me that he loves my paintings so much that he wants one! Cheesy ?IDK if I can/want to!? -Card!

Brother #2: I have NO clue. (we're not that close. Sad) -Card!

Brother #3: Not sure here either. He claims he's going into the police academy here. But, all he really does is play video games all day, so it makes me think that maybe I shouldn't make anything personal for him at all.....  Roll Eyes -Card!

Okay, there's my list thus far! Looking at it, I have barely any ideas at all! I feel pathetic now, I need some inspiration!!  Undecided
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011 02:08:31 AM by EarthybyNature - Reason: had new ideas. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!

A Recycling/Up-cycling/Eco-friendly/Painting/Papering/Beading/Artist Hippy Freak.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...