A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
370 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Three Years of Skirts  (Read 2316 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Frl. Tralala

Tailor till death

View Profile WWW
« on: August 28, 2011 10:50:49 AM »

As the title says, i made a post with some skirts i made during the last three years. i made some more but gave them away, mostly without taking photos... i really like skirts, i wear them nearly every day, same with dresses because i cant stand long trousers. though i wear some shorts, so i included my trousers in this post, because there arent much  Cheesy

a layered ruffle skirt with creme lace and a belt, the fabric is eyelet embroidered, forgot to say: this was made with a pattern from patrones magazine

a Beetlejuice inspired underbust skirt made of white and black striped cotton twill

"gypsy punk" capri pants, made of corduroy and jacquard, with tiny tassels and fringe trim at the hem

an ancient inspired layered ruffle skirt, the top founce is asymmetric, i added a trim at the lower edge of the yoke that ends in two tasses

a bodycon military jersey skirt with red piping and golden crest shank buttons

Steamy, lacy bloomers, with a military twist, made of sateen and viscose lace at the back, the piping and the buttons

my "Lampshade skirt", originally a pleated skirt, but it looked awful and i sewed a band to the lower edge to create a kind of bubble skirt

a pleated zipper skirt, if the zippers are open a pleat with self-painted pink bats comes out, as closure theres a hook and eye and two satin ribbons for tying

my beloved gartered newspaper skirt, the design is lip service but i didnt like the original because of the pleather, it has three ruffles made of newspaper print jersey, i sewed on lace at the edges, the yoke got a gartered shape and i sewed on eyelet tape and added buckles to it for possible gathering

a miniskirt made of this amazing concert poster fabric, i dewed on hook and eye take as closure

black and green striped skirt with some "bondage" straps, its really really old, the stripes dont match at the yoke Embarrassed

hope you like it and thank you for looking!!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011 04:54:14 AM by Frl. Tralala - Reason: adding source for ruffle skirt » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gawd
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011 11:15:01 AM »

These are all amazing! o__o
But I think my favorites would have to be the two newspaper ones. I think I'm going to have to get my hands on some newspaper fabric  now...hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Exhumed

"Someday is not a day of the week".
afc
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011 12:42:50 PM »

Wow!! I would need some months to make this amount of clothes!!!! and I'm not sure if I would have your gut taste in clothes. I really like the first one and the first of the to newspaper dresses.
I really like too what you have done with your grey pleated skirt. It looks terrific!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sparkly Sharp Fabulous
Sparkly Sharp and Fabulous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011 12:59:06 PM »

Wow you are so talented! My faves are the top one, and then the military inspired one with that beautiful red piping! What great work! Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SammyRotten
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011 01:06:35 PM »

I love the beetlejuice one!  very classy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amateur crafter xo
LA-Fairy
moon child

Lexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011 08:40:30 PM »

Those are all pretty!
You just gave me an idea for an ruffle skirt I've been meaning to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lidehtium
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011 04:32:52 PM »

youve got a great style, love them all. especially the garter-y one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

muchness
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011 10:41:45 PM »

I love what you've done with the pleated skirt. I like pleats but they always looks so grandma-ish to me. Yours looks anything but!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Brown Sugar Bacon Cookies
How to Make Butter Pie Dough
How to Make Chocolate Caramel Surprise Cookies
How to Make Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies
Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...