A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 7  (Read 3306 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 27, 2011 06:10:17 PM »

Is anyone up for round 7 of the Christmas Stocking Swap this year? Smiley  Here's the details:

We will each make/decorate a 12-16" tall stocking (cuff to heel) and fill it with goodies.  We will make/decorate and fill with our partner's tastes in mind.  Each stocking will have at least 50% crafted goodies, the remainder may be purchased supplies or items.  Each set of partners will make a decision as to how much and how large of items they wish to fill their stockings with.  There will be check-ins every two weeks, so please be prepared to check-in! Smiley   It's a very long crafting period and we would hate to lose anyone along the way.  You may choose one of three sizes to do in this swap:
                      Small - concentrate on a fab stocking and fill with at least 3 crafted and 3 purchased items
                      Medium - do a great stocking and fill with at least 7 crafted and 5 purchased items
                      Large - aka Spoiler!  A great stocking and no end of goodies!!

Any thoughts on making it better?  I'm thinking of doing signups for September 15 - Oct. 1 with sendouts on December 1st.  That gives 2 months of crafting.  This is a swap where checkins are done with the organisers. 

Here's the links to all the galleries done so far, they're fun and awesome!!

Round 6

Round 5

Round 4

Round 3

Round 2

Round 1

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011 06:26:07 PM »

Oooh, I'm so tempted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011 08:09:00 PM »

I would do this to get some goodies for myself!  (The other swaps I am in are for gifts for family and friends.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011 08:26:21 PM »

I am totally psyched!! I love this swap. Count me in!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please.

wisting on a star....
Lionne
brain and food color eating were-zombie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011 02:14:24 AM »

If I have the money I'm so in! I've never had a Christmas stocking before, they're not common here. (But we get our shoes filled on Dec 6th.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/lionne

I'm interested in personal swaps.
For a project I'm in need of Christmas countdown inchies! If you're interested and/or want more information feel free to pm me.
craftaddiction
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011 06:49:09 AM »

Count me in too. I hope someone wants a crocheted stocking. It looks like most are sewn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011 08:27:31 AM »

blushingbluegrass has once again volunteered to co-organise this swap - YAY!!!

C'mon kaz, it's fun!!

Miss Barbara - that is exactly the point here, we all make things for everyone else - we deserve a little spoiling at Christmas. Smiley

Lionne - it's funny that it's basically the same thing just different vessels and dates. Smiley

craftaddiction - we usually have some crochet or knit stockings in the galleries, we've even had them made of leather - all gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011 09:07:09 AM »

I had a really good time with this swap last year, so hmmm, I'm definitely a tentative yes. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rubylynns
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011 09:08:44 AM »

Oh I like this! I was thinking about doing the advent swap, but I think it might be to big for me.  I really like this idea I would love to embroider someone a stocking. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011 02:35:19 PM »

Yay for kaz!!

ruby - who doesn't love an embroidered stocking?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Damara
I don't want to make money. I just want to be wonderful--Marilyn Monroe

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011 01:42:24 PM »

I have always wanted to participate in this swap, but the timing has never matched up...either I miss sign ups, or am waiting feedback, or have too many other things going on...fingers crossed for this year!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

"I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever"  Edward Cullen, Eclipse

www.wists.com/damara
Homerof2

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011 06:00:16 PM »

I'm in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faux_Valentine
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011 09:16:45 PM »

Love this swap! Been in it the last two rounds and i hope to do it again, but this year is kinda rough on my crafting time and i am already doing the 12 days of christmas swap so we will see
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwiltykate
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011 12:14:32 AM »

I would love a stocking and some goodies for me! Smiley hopefully another aussie signs up, trying to get packages overseas in a reasonable timeframe is a nightmare at that time of year Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AMIFRIENDS

I LOVE MONKEYS!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011 07:26:44 AM »

I love to make/recive xmas stocking , so i guess this is the One.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I DON,T NEED TO GET ORGANIZED. I JUST NEED A BIGGER CRAFT ROOM =)

Im up for personal swaps...

My wists:
http://www.wists.com/AMIFRIENDS

my pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/amifriends/
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011 06:56:39 AM »

I'm having some difficulties with my PM system - I can read them, but not respond to them.  Until it's fixed, I'm going to put off starting this swap.  Hopefully it will be soon!  I want to get signups started by Sept. 15th!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
margiej
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011 03:26:46 PM »

I had a lot of fun with this swap last year, so I'm in for this year!  Yay! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Damara

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011 04:08:09 PM »

I'll definitely be signing up this year!  I have even skipped some other so that I would for positive have room for this one Smiley  This will be my one biggie swap of the year  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever"  Edward Cullen, Eclipse

www.wists.com/damara
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011 05:39:42 PM »

Yay!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linnybelle
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011 06:40:59 PM »

I really want to join this year, but I think I'll have to skip.  Three grad school classes, 20+ hours of work, and a wedding to plan are plotting against me.

I will be watching the gallery though.  This is one of my favorites!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
Damara

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011 09:57:28 PM »

Wow Linnybelle you are super busy!!!!  I too have watched the gallery every year though!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/damara
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011 09:27:03 AM »

sounds like fun, just need to decide if I'll have the time. Hmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011 10:55:33 AM »

Ok, I think we'll be ready to start signups on Monday, Sept. 12th!  I think we'll do 2-3 weeks for signups and then we'll still have plenty of time for crafting!

Meanwhile, any cool ideas for little stocking stuffers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
oneredboot
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011 03:48:31 PM »

oh, thank goodness.  i've been looking forward to this swap for months!  seriously!  it was such fun last year.

hooray!  thanks, sevs!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlenutbrownsquirrel
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011 04:06:57 PM »

This swap looks awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011 04:10:24 PM »

How about:  keyfobs, embroidered handkerchiefs, jewelry, lip balm, soaps/lotions/bath bombs, wristlets, mini art pieces, etc...

I can't wait for signups, and even more, can't wait for partners!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011 05:27:32 PM »

I found a great list of smalls on the site for the 12 Days of Christmas, since I always have trouble thinking of smalls.  Last year I sent a pair of those nylon fold up slippers that I embellished with sew on rhinestones, a bunch of small sewing notions, a bag holder, organizer, and I can't remember what else.  But it was fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Faux_Valentine
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011 07:17:34 AM »

Last year i was a little willy nilly with my "stocking stuffers". Most of them didn't fit into the stocking, but i did learn that hobby lobby sells insulbrite for 2 something near me. things i'd like to receive would be a cute ipod cozy or bracelets, necklaces, small stuffed animals, yarn, reusable (and washable) fabric food bags,  magazines or patterns, yarn, maybe a cute plushie pattern from spoon flower, yarn, knitting needles, sunglass holders, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damara

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011 08:46:06 AM »

Last year i was a little willy nilly with my "stocking stuffers". Most of them didn't fit into the stocking, but i did learn that hobby lobby sells insulbrite for 2 something near me. things i'd like to receive would be a cute ipod cozy or bracelets, necklaces, small stuffed animals, yarn, reusable (and washable) fabric food bags,  magazines or patterns, yarn, maybe a cute plushie pattern from spoon flower, yarn, knitting needles, sunglass holders, etc.

Wow, I'm going to have to keep track of those!  So many times I just get a blank when thinking about what I would like to receive or give to someone!  I have wanted some  reusable fabric food bags for awhile!  What is insulbrite?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/damara
Liralen

"What a crazy random happenstance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011 11:24:30 AM »

I keep saying I want to take a break and focus on everything else but always find swaps I want to do.  I'm a single mom and I end up filling my own stocking, so something like this would be awesome.  I'll keep an eye on sign ups and see how I'm feeling once I'm done with the Dresden swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the madness."  -- Allen Ginsberg

http://musedcreations.blogspot.com
tiffi_333
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2011 12:13:38 PM »

I would love to do this swap as well, I have plenty of ideas for stocking stuffers already since every year I make my family a gift basket full of a bunch of small stuff, always with a different theme each year. Last year I did alot of goodies, the year before bath stuff, the year before i got them each a movie they wanted and crafted around each one of those filling the baskets, Im sure i could come up with plenty of stuff for whoever id be partnered with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2011 02:15:21 PM »

I want tiffi_333 as my partner  Grin  she sounds like a spoiler!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffi_333
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2011 03:59:55 PM »

Lol, maybe I am...Im actually not sure, Ive never been paired with anyone who really wanted to exchange extras even though Ive wanted to so Ive never really spoiled any of my partners. And WOW you have done ALOT of swaps, Im a little in awe of how many youve done lol
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011 04:03:14 PM by tiffi_333 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2011 05:02:25 PM »

I ALWAYS spoil...I just can't have a smoker as a partner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffypants
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2011 06:22:58 PM »

I told myself last year, after joining the 12 Days swap for the second time, that I would skip that one this year and do the stocking swap - so I'll be in, barring anything getting in my way! I love stuffing stockings.

I would love to do this swap as well, I have plenty of ideas for stocking stuffers already since every year I make my family a gift basket full of a bunch of small stuff, always with a different theme each year. Last year I did alot of goodies, the year before bath stuff, the year before i got them each a movie they wanted and crafted around each one of those filling the baskets, Im sure i could come up with plenty of stuff for whoever id be partnered with.

Ohhh, I love the idea of crafting a gift basket around a movie. I used to decoupage gift boxes with photos from movie mags, put in a movie and some snacks, and then fill the whole box with popped popcorn, hehehe. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffi_333
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011 07:18:49 PM »

oh thats quite a good idea, I have to come up with another idea for my family again this year, but Im not too sure what to do for them that would be more original to stuff the baskets with. I always have such a hard time figuring out what to make people i actually know, but on here talking to a new person for a few seconds i get SO many ideas right away...its kinda weird lol. Apparently I make killer caramel corn though, Im forced to make it every year even though I cant enjoy it *pouty face*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011 08:29:30 PM »

And WOW you have done ALOT of swaps, Im a little in awe of how many youve done lol

That comes from being a member here for 5 1/2 years and being a swap addict  Grin
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011 08:29:59 PM by Homerof2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Molliemoo2883
Personal Swap: anyone need bottle caps?

Easily distracted since 1983!

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011 10:30:34 PM »

I've been around almost that long but I've taken breaks from swaps on and off over the years. But I always try to do this swap. I just love the idea of having crazy unique stockings around.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If we could live without passion, maybe we would know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow inside. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank, without passion we would be truly dead"~Buffy
Lady_Lilybell
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2011 05:51:57 AM »

Are the craft items suppose to fit into the stocking? It seems you get a stocking and a pile of wrapped items.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2011 06:34:42 AM »

Lady - There are always three choices - you can send a small package, medium package or large package.  You'll be matched with your partner by that as well as other things. 

For me - I fill the stocking with all the little things (I do a large package), then I wrap the rest and put it in the box. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2011 12:56:46 PM »

Hm, I'll consider this swap this year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faux_Valentine
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2011 07:59:24 PM »

Wow, I'm going to have to keep track of those!  So many times I just get a blank when thinking about what I would like to receive or give to someone!  I have wanted some  reusable fabric food bags for awhile!  What is insulbrite?

Insulbrite is a insulating "fabric" it looks like white felt and its used to make things like insulated lunch boxes and ironing mats and pot holders

I love the idea of a movie for a stocking. we always do magazines but a movie could be a ton of fun! I may have to start that for my family this year
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2011 10:20:58 AM »

I've been checking the swap boards every other day for a month waiting for this swap, not kidding! I sent a PM and was kind of sad that I didn't get a reply,  but then i saw that message about how you can't reply so I'm not as dejected anymore.

This was my first swap 2 years ago. I missed sign up last year, though I did get to angel for it. I was so sad I missed it. I don't want to miss it this year! All my Christmasses lately have been sad at stocking time for me because I fill everyone elses stockings over full and nobody does anything for mine. Not usually the kind of person who can buy myself "presents" like that. I did, however just spend >200$ on ThinkGeek.com last night, including a couple things for my stocking that match the things that are going in their stockings (can you say Samurai Sword Chop Sticks?) but I still really want to do this swap! I want it! I am so happy I'm not missing it this year. Well, hopefully. Haven't signed up yet, never know what might happen... *zombie apocalypse tonight, everyone, look out!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2011 10:40:39 AM »

Samurai Sword chopsticks sound amazing.

And I can't wait for this swap!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2011 10:53:29 AM »

This is one of my favourite swaps! I had to miss last year (stupid post-grad) I'm going to try my hardest to fit it in my budget this year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2011 05:18:48 PM »

I just posted signups!  I know I'm a few hours ahead of schedule, but I thought I should do it while I can! Smiley

Christmas Stocking Swap Rd. 7
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
This Bra Only Unhooks Itself For True Love
How to Rock a Turtleneck in a Chic and Modern Way
10 Ways to Instantly Look Slimmer
Will Jared Leto Top His Man Bun at the Grammys?
DIY: No Sew Halter Top with Michael Costello
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...