A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SNORLAX BEAN BAG CHAIR  (Read 4922 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

grooveve
« on: August 26, 2011 05:20:49 AM »

I want one of these really bad: http://www.neatorama.com/2011/01/08/snorlax-beanbag-chair/

How should I go about making it? Would buying a bunch of pillows work better for the stuffing or would buying bean bag chairs and ripping them up for their bead filling work? (I want this bad boy to be really really big) Does anyone else have any experience making bean bag things?

I'm not that experienced in sewing, but hopefully this venture won't be too bold... having a giant huggable napping snorlax in my apartment is all that I want and more!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ravyk
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011 10:14:12 PM »

Never made bean bags before, but I would go the foam beans for the insides, it will give a nicer look overall and wont be lumpy [which can happen with stuffing]. You should be able to buy bags of the beans rather cheaply.

To go about making up the actual cover, I would design it out first-so you know what bits you need to cut and sew out. Then make up a mini version just to make sure it turns out the way it's supposed to, you don't want to waste metres of fabric making a full size version that doesn't work out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmazingAlex
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011 10:57:32 AM »

you don't have to buy a bunch of bags to rip out the filling. walmart has a bag of beads online that should work http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bag-of-Beads/5691347 if that helps. I'm sorry i don't know about trying to make him. he's cute as can be but i'm no sewer! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an uber nerd that loves Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, Supernatural, and Marvelverse (to name a few.)
Harry Potter Favorites Swap Is Live
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=434138

I'm interested in personal swaps!
cutemonster
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011 06:19:40 PM »

I agree with Ravyk, make a mini one and then enlarge it. That beanbag chair is really cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweatereyes

We are but lovers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011 05:27:50 AM »

First off, I *need* a Snorlax bean bag chair now.

Second, I have been researching bean bag/ floor cushion making/ alternatives for the past few weeks and an idea that I've had for stuffing that *could* be cheap is using couch cushion inserts, and cutting them into cubes/ pyramids, or buying some of the pyramid foam pieces, memory foam is ideal but probably more costly (unless you could get a lot for cheap).  The expensive designer bean bag chairs (I think they're called love saks or something like that?  I don't really remember..) use foam pieces instead of beans or simple stuffing and they are supposedly super uber comfy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ill weave your names into my ribcage; lock your hearts inside my chest.
Regain the passion I once carried; do away with all the rest.
I tore the sickness from your bodies; smashed its head against the bricks.
I made a castle from its bones that you may always dwell in it.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Red Sparrow Author Jason Matthews Talks About the Art of Elicitation
Red Sparrow Author Jason Matthews Talks About the Sparrow School
Red Sparrow Author Jason Matthews Talks About Surveillance
Red Sparrow by Jason Matthews Talks About Enemies
Adam Grant Shares The Secrets Of Success
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...