A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,958
Currently Running With Scissors:
528 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone know any good places to go thrift shopping in Valdosta?  (Read 2766 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

justxlove
« on: June 10, 2005 05:06:26 PM »

Hey!
I've always wanted to go thrift shopping but haven't found any places around to go shopping. It really sucks. I guess I'm just unlucky to live in a boring place like this. Well anyway if anybody could help me with this, that'd be great. For those of you who don't know where Valdosta is it's almost in Florida. I'd say 30 mins tops, depending on where you're coming from. Well anyway, thanks. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006 06:08:06 PM »

We just checked out sokme Valdosta thrifts on the way to Atlanta form Orlando, we had a good time..

I have a national directory of charity thrift shops that I hope you'll find useful.

http://www.TheThriftShopper.Com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShopper.Com for your shopping convenience.
nat_attack
"We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love." - T. Robbins

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006 10:33:20 AM »

there's the goodwill on st. augustine next to hobby lobby, there's a "charity shoppe" on patterson next to southern stationery downtown, there's "repeat boutique" on the corner of oak and gordon st. there's also some down past the overpass going towards clyattville.

hope that helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like a social status, I just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls"
Animal Collective, "My Girls"
iheartart85
don't worry be happy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007 09:25:48 PM »

NO WAY I was totally gonna say charity shop!!! I heard they were changin it into mostly furniture... there's a good one past oak ext. on bemiss... forgot what it's called tho... Hey Nat attack... you wouldn't happen to be ms. natalie B. that goes to VSU??  cause i only know one natalie, and judging from that bad ass dress you made that i saw at sportsman, i would say you're the type of person that would be on craftster! haha, I hope that this is you, or else I'm gonna feel stoopid :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justxlove
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007 10:30:07 PM »

does anyone know anything about that new thrift shop hope thrifts on east hill?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
nat_attack
"We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love." - T. Robbins

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007 03:59:43 PM »

NO WAY I was totally gonna say charity shop!!! I heard they were changin it into mostly furniture... there's a good one past oak ext. on bemiss... forgot what it's called tho... Hey Nat attack... you wouldn't happen to be ms. natalie B. that goes to VSU??  cause i only know one natalie, and judging from that bad ass dress you made that i saw at sportsman, i would say you're the type of person that would be on craftster! haha, I hope that this is you, or else I'm gonna feel stoopid :-D

yes!! i am that natalie Smiley  i dont go to vsu anymore though... who's this? pm me if you want Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like a social status, I just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls"
Animal Collective, "My Girls"
Jenna_Gayle
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009 07:31:08 AM »

does anyone know anything about that new thrift shop hope thrifts on east hill?
I don't think I've seen that one before, but I'm riding around town all the time for work so I may have to check it out!  There's Anastasia's on the corner of Ashley and Woodrow Wilson (right across the street from the airplane).  I bought a bad ass desk from The Treasure Box- it's the really bright colored building just over the overpass going south and there's another store right beside it.  The City Market in downtown isn't a thrift shop, but they sell crafted items (it's kinda high dollar) by locals.  It's pretty neat to look around in and get ideas Wink  Salvation Army is on Hill.

Also, if you're looking for fabric shops.... there's Sew and So just off of Park Ave.  Going north on Ashley, take a right onto Park and it's the first street behind the Ekerd (or whatever the drug store there is!  May be Rite Aid).  Their stuff is pretty reasonably priced... I actually went there yesterday and got some Clarence Zodiac fabric for a dollar a yard!  If you go to Hahira (only about 10 miles north) there's Sew Blessed.  Their a little more pricey, but Holy Crap is their fabric B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!!!

If I can think of any more I'll let you know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition. ~Sir William Osler
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Birchbox Limited Edition Box: Free for All Unboxing!
Best Day Time Eye Shadows
Beauty Truth or Dare with Coco Rocha & Chanel Iman
Recipes for Radiant Skin
5 Things to Try This April 2014
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...