A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,342
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hungry Monster GALLERY! Send out by Sept. 8, 2011  (Read 37690 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Linda P
« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2011 02:39:54 PM »

I love looking at all these wonderful monsters!  I was worried mine was too plain.  I also used yo-yo's for behind the eyes.  This made it where it could be washed should it need to be.
I love the puppy dog one!  I love them all, so if you could all just pm for my snail mail, and make me one of what you sent!!!  hahahaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty-in-tally
« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2011 02:58:14 PM »

I received my package today. woohoo.

Here's the whole group. At first I thought she only had made a monster purse, but the monster pillow was nicely tucked inside. Wooden animal blocks (which came just in time. I used them to award my son for doing his homework, he had three pages and I gave him a block after each page). He's running back and forth from his room to the computer showing me each different animal. Too cool. They came in a little animal print bag.

The monster pillow

The animal blocks

And the cutest bag ever, it's got a front pocket as well. I'm going to put the book I am reading inside and take it to school. I'm helping at my son's book fair and I need something to do in the down time.

Love all the fabrics. Thanks leighi123

The blocks were a BIG HIT!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will love to do personal swaps, PM me.

Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftyintally

Facebook Link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=676&id=1274978163&l=04d10828ed

Do Everything with Love. 1 Corinthians 16:14
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm so squishy!

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2011 02:59:46 PM »

fiddlegirl8 does indeed rock!  Cheesy  I received from her today as well!  Unfortunately, I am unable to take and post photos so I am going to post descriptions of the items.  I hope she posts photos, however, b/c the items are adorable!

BTW, I asked her to craft for my animals obsessed 9 y.o. daughter, as a gift for the holidays.

Here goes:
-A map of Kansas which the girls will love; they like to learn about other places in the US
-6 different flavor Tootsie Roll pops wrapped with brown and green ribbon!
-Not one, but TWO Nom-Nom Monsters (generously, one for each of my girls, I have a 7 y.o. too), which happen to each have eaten a plastic lizard!   Cheesy   She used rainbow dog print fabric, whigh the girls will love!  (And each monster is looking off to the opposite side, that is too funny!)
-A mew-ticulously made (get it??!! Grin) made cat ninni for my older daughter!  She made it out of blue and black paw print fabric, with pink ears and a pink heart and the most cutely done serious cat face!  My DD will LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for such a lovely and generous and thoughtful swap package, fiddlegirl8!  I enjoyed getting to know you too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl (my personal pinterest)
www.etsy.com/shop/LadybuggirlCrafts
http://Pinterest.com/LadybuggirlCrafts (my business pinterest-click on banner in right corner)
I'm on instagram:  ladybuggirlcrafts

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2011 03:02:27 PM »

The package from fiddlegirl8 sounds amazing--I hope she can post pictures for us all to enjoy!

The goodies made by leighi123 are awesome!  I love the bag--that's sooo imaginative--great job!!

And now, here's my package from thunderchild, straight from the UK!  She sent me a super cute pirate hungry monster, a needle book, chocolate, and lots of fabric!  Here's the whole package:

My new pirate friend:

And when I looked in his mouth, I found the pirate's booty!

Thanks for everything, thunderchild, it's all really great!  I guess it's no secret that I like fabric and I always want more!  And the needlebook from my wists is perfect!  And I use a lot of charms, so these will disappear onto small projects quickly!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011 04:05:46 PM by Leslieshappyheart » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
fiddlegirl8

Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2011 04:11:53 PM »

Okey-dokey  Grin - here's the pics of the package I sent off to Miss Barbara, and which she has now received:

Everything (except the card, which I forgot to enclose before sending!), One picture is with the Twins' dinner not yet eaten (see 'em in the lower left corner):

Once the Twins have devoured their dinner:

Close up of the Kitten-Cat Ninni for Miss Barbara's older daughter:

And, I hope, HOPE Miss Barbara doesn't mind, but this (next two pics) is what I made for her 17-year-old son - it's from a video on You-Tube - "It's HOT in Topeka!" - Topeka is where I live.  This little guy was not quite ready, and missed the swap package departure by a couple of hours, so he was shipped separately with the card which I forgot to include in the original package (I'm going to have to get better organized for the Mystery Critters Swap coming up):

The little blue guy is made with flannel and iron-on-and-then-stitched-on-appliques for his face, and then stuffed just a little - I made him with a keyring attached, just in case her son wants to use it that way - I was very happy with the way he turned out, and I intend to make more - one for MY son too.  The card is just an ATC turned into sunny hot hot hot.  I liked it as a backdrop for the blue monster guy.  Miss Barbara, you should receive Blue in a few days, he's with the forgotten swap package card in a first-class envelope. 

That's it - I'm glad you like everything Miss Barbara - it was fun to create holiday presents for Miss M - and the little guy for your teenaged guy!  Thanks for swapping! 

Now I'm off to make some practice MYSTERY CRITTERS!  Yes!  Cheesy  (And if you haven't signed up for that swap - hop to it - sign ups this week!!)     
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
abbeyrd83
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2011 04:13:23 PM »

picture time! here's what i received from sharalee:

a package of four mysterious packages. of course, i was so excited to open them, i forgot to take a picture...

nomsters! and not just one, but two! a fun devil and a hippie style one. the hippie monster actually has "flower power" embroidered on the back, but i forgot to take a picture. nuts... when i opened the package, there was a square cake pan on the table and i had stuck the devil in it. can we say devil's food cake?

the nomsters and all the goodies i got.

lots of nom noms! the chocolate is gone- taken by my mother, the gummie savers are gone, swiped by my sister. but the sour patch kids are all mine!! and a notebook, and some inspirational sayings. the abbey road picture is a fabric transfer. now what to use it on...

thanks again sharalee! i had a fun swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2011 04:17:31 PM »

Ok, my jaw is on the floor, b/c the blue keyring monster looks JUST LIKE the one in the video and just WOW!!!!  AND an ATC?Huh!!!!  HE is going to LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!  And a keyring is just PERFECT b/c he is constantly losing his keys and now he has no reason!!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl (my personal pinterest)
www.etsy.com/shop/LadybuggirlCrafts
http://Pinterest.com/LadybuggirlCrafts (my business pinterest-click on banner in right corner)
I'm on instagram:  ladybuggirlcrafts

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
fiddlegirl8

Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2011 04:20:58 PM »

Ok, my jaw is on the floor, b/c the blue keyring monster looks JUST LIKE the one in the video and just WOW!!!!  AND an ATC?Huh!!!!  HE is going to LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!  And a keyring is just PERFECT b/c he is constantly losing his keys and now he has no reason!!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
Well, good - but that ATC is nothing spectacular - just had it, and it was easy to make with markers!  Glad you like - was a fun swap. Smiley

We have had some great monster makers - I really like that purple puppy monster - I like that he's more puppy than monster!   Smiley  And that monster bag and corduroy monster - I love those- is that monster bag a monkey?  So cute! How are those animal blocks made - I like the bag they came in too.  The pirate monster and the charms - nice package.  And I like the Hippie monster and the Beatles fabric transfer - very creative bunch of swappers here - so many ideas - so many variations - it's amazing!   Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011 05:59:04 PM by fiddlegirl8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
Witchhippie
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2011 07:09:24 PM »

I love all the new monsters. I wish I was able to participate in the other monster swap. I will be watching the gallery!

I found batteries so without further ado:
Here are my three Amigos.

See how little the tiny one is. He is my favorite.
Big Man:

Next in line:

And last but not least little Man:

And a wonderful little something.

I am sad/happy to say that I lost Big Man to my son. I think Big Man will not mind being an only child!! LOL

Thank you so much Edenkitty!!

I also received from Eclectic Dreamer as well

Here are Dawg and Party Animal

Dawg

Party Animal

And hand carved Viking Runes with a nice bag. I think I might steel this idea for another swap

Harry Wong says that steeling is not a crime; its a way of learning!!

Thank you both, I love everything. I am now the proud Mother to four monsters and a Grandmother to one. HEHE!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
susanab
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2011 07:18:31 PM »

I love the monsters  you made for your two partners, fiddlegirl8! the robotnom is really super--i think you had the only nom with striped teeth and I really like that! And the TWINS nomnoming on lizardlies. You have a GREAT eye for fabric/color. I love them and I am head over heels in love with the catninni. YEAH, NINNIS!!! Always welcome in our gallery!! are the whiskers/mouth drawn because they don't look stitchy...that's a great Ninni All the extras are WOW.

leighi123--also crafting to the max with two partners. A Nom PURSE! That is FanTAstIC! I love the fabrics and I love how your played around with the eyes and the teeth and the heart. And that the NOM you made must feel great. Soft textures are the BEST! And a pirate that brings its own booty. Arrggggh! And Leslie scores foreign (to us, not you, I know) fabric. Dang!

Nice duo of noms from Sharalee. The hippie style one takes me baaaack...in a good way, from what I remember.  Nice touch with the Abbey Road transfer.

And I received from Edenkitty today!
Here's Batiknom:

He has extra LONG, pointed teethies. He can nom through a metal fence if he feels like it. I love the fabric, I think it's the only batik in the gallery (?) Very nice. But he didn't travel solo. There were two nomlets as well and they are really precious.  Eden also crafted a necklace made from recycled parts:

Thanks for these really nice noms, Edenkitty. They're so nicely made and I'll give them a very good home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vietnamese Pho Recipe
Pork Satay Skewers Recipe
Salmon Wasabi Sandwich Recipe
Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto Makes Asian Tacos
‘Top Chef’ Host Perfects Stir Fry
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...