A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,522
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WIP Wednesday - Aug 17  (Read 600 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 17, 2011 03:32:13 AM »

Wow...it's been a month since I last posted a WIP Wednesday.  I've been in the process of moving and it totally took up all my time!  Now that I'm feeling settled, I'll start posting these again.

This week I'm hoping to actually pick up my cardigan again...I haven't touched it in a month now.  I have finished several items for the Giant Swap but I can't post any progress of that here.  Smiley

I've also been working on this baby sweater for my sister's friend.  The knitting is totally done but I just need to add some buttons.

So...what are you all working on this wonderful Wednesday?? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hippie9

The Mythical and Magical Seahorse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011 05:24:15 AM »

Wow! I'm in the middle of a cardigan, too, and the yarn I'm using looks exactly like yours! Tanis Fibre Arts in the colourway "Stormy". Is that what you're using???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kim

My blog/showcase of my crafts:  http://kimmadecrafts.blogspot.com/
Tephra
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011 09:54:54 AM »

I finished the front and back of my purple sweater AND the shrug I was knitting! Smiley

I still have to knit the sleeves for the sweater and do the seaming and finishing of the neck but that will have to wait until I get back from visiting the family. I don't want to haul around a nearly complete 3X sweater when I travel. And since I modified the armscye of the body I need to mod the heck out of the sleeve cap as well.

Other things still in progress:

The fugly socks. I'm about half way through the gusset increases. I'll be taking these with me so they will probably be finished when I get back.

An approximately Barbie sized Al Fresco Cami (Interweave knits). At this stage it's just a moss stitch tube and very boring to knit. I need to double the length before the interesting bind off and finishing can happen. This one is 1mm (5/0) needles and two strands of sewing thread, the other one I am making is on 000 (1.5mm) needles with #30 crochet thread for my larger doll (Tonner Tyler Wentworth sized). I might being the sewing thread one with me on my trip.

Lastly:

A modified Aeolian shawl (Knitty) for my dolls. I split some Caron Country yarn into its individual 2-ply plies and am knitting it on 00 (1.75mm) needles. I left out most of the beads (no way am I putting over five hundred beads on a doll shawl) but I'm still beading some of it, and I replaced the nupps with larger beads. I think, if I did the math right, there are 88 6/0 "E" beads and 258 10/0 seed beads on my version.

I'm a bit farther along than the photo now. In fact I have 1/3rd of the most heavily beaded row left and then just three more rows before the bind off. If I get off my butt and pack now I might actually get this bound off before I leave in the morning, but blocking will have to wait until I get back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011 03:07:36 PM »

I'm about halfway through making my Doctor Who scarf!

I think my gauge is a bit screwed up, though. I was concentrating so much on making sure it was the right width that I didn't even think of the length! I think it'll end up being about 10 feet long or so. Alas...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandyandbingley
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011 08:06:08 PM »

I just started a shawl tonight, and I'm so happy with how it's starting out Smiley I can't wait to finish Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011 01:16:01 PM »

i'm finishing up a small item for a swap.
Im working on knitting blanket squares but keep forgetting where i am in the pattern and have to start over.
im also knitting a hat

im Loooong term project is this cardigan

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kaeleira

Multicrafter Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011 05:47:05 PM »

Wow lots of cardigans here! Kudos to you guys. I definitely have not worked up the courage to start such a large project yet.

Tephra: Hehe fugly socks are fugly >w< I can't believe you're knitting with sewing thread!

I'm about 1/3 of the way through a Staggered Rib scarf in a super soft bulky purple yarn, and I just started a Silky Alpaca Lace Scarf in white lace yarn with a subtly sparkly strand.

I added a fringe right away so I could measure out how much I would need for the other end. This way I can knit till I run out of yarn and I only have to worry about reserving yarn for binding off.

After about 14 inches of the staggered rib scarf I noticed that the lines had reversed to create a zig zag! This irks me to no end but I had a lot of troubles during those first inches so I'm not frogging it now  Angry Instead I shall add a couple more zigs and zags to make it look deliberate  Wink

Right now the two sections look really different because I've been rolling up the long tail to keep it out of the way. This has flattened the first section a bit compared to the newer rows.

I'm super excited about the lace scarf because I've never worked with such light yarn before and I think it will turn out very pretty. Plus I completely screwed up the pattern repeat on my first try so it was really satisfying to see it come out perfectly on my second!

I also made a quick Owl Coffee Cup Cozy. I modified the pattern to work flat, and with only 3 owl cables instead of 5. It's pretty much finished, since all I have to do is sew on some beads for eyes and stitch the ends together. Can't wait to use it on my fall lattes!

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011 03:41:03 PM by Kaeleira » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tephra
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011 01:34:03 PM »

Tephra: Hehe fugly socks are fugly >w< I can't believe you're knitting with sewing thread!

They are fugly, but super squishy. I'm hoping there's enough nylon in the yarn to take some dye so I can try overdyeing them and taming down the colors.

Knitting with sewing thread isn't that hard, but it sure does take a while to knit an inch!

I love that owl cable. I'll have to make something with it one day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Say Goodbye to Dry, Damaged Hair in 2013
How to Trim Your Own Bangs to Look Like Kate Middleton
How to Get a Faux Bob
How to Style a Slick Wet Look Ponytail
How to Create a Messy Wet Look Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...