A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pen Pal Swap Round 3 (sign up 8/23/11 - 9/6/11; final send 11/10/11)  (Read 21761 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmazingAlex
« on: August 23, 2011 06:09:44 PM »

Pen Pal Swap Round 3
Swap name: Pen pal swap rnd 3
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: AmazingAlex
Sign-up date range: 8/23-9/6
Date to send item by: first partner letters by 9/20, second partner by 10/4, crafts by 11/10 (a month and a week to work on crafts in case your letter is behind. If 2nd partner, you just got your letter the 18th I can adjust the send outs a bit for ya.  Smiley Im trying to allow enough time for postage and writing time! Smiley
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24 unless someone would like to help me co-organize! Smiley
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES/NO
Nope!
If so, which country? N/A
Additional Age requirement?nope!
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES/NO  Yes!
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES/NO true
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES/NO true
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES/NO true
- Is at least 18 years old: YES/NO yup!
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO  yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO  yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO true
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO  true
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO  true

Details of swap:
Ok so this is the pen pal round 3 swap! Who doesnt love receiving non-junk mail letters?? I know I love it and I never receive any mail at all. So lets swap for letters! Im basing most of this on the previous round here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=379233.0. But basically youre going to fill out the beautiful questionnaire and Ill match you up with another beautiful amazing person and youre both going to write letters to each other! One person will write the first letter introducing herself, and I this I stole from the previous round, include at least three questions in your letter that you will answer. You have two weeks to write and send it out so you can make it thoughtful. Two and a half weeks after the first partners send out date the second partner is going to write a letter back answering the questions from the first partner and including their own that they will answer as well. A month and a week after the send out date for the last partner will be the send out date for the craft! Havent I mentioned the craft yet?  This is going to be a. 3 point swap! The letter counts as some of your points. If you write a 17 , very thoughtful letter then go ahead and count it as 2 of your points because you obviously spent more than two hours on it. Even if you do write 23 pages of letter you still need to craft at least a small item for your partner. (unless your partner says go ahead! You probably shouldnt write 17 or 23 pages to them. Thats probably the same as your life story which your glorious partner may not want to hear.  no offense. You can also go over in points if you and your partner both agree but make sure you both agree. We dont want any extraordinary awkwardness.  

By Time
Large = 3 or more hours
Medium = 2 or more hours
Small = 2 or less hours

By Size
Large = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
Medium = one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks

By Price
Large = $30 or more
Medium = $10-$30 dollars
Small = $10 or less

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Thank you organizer of the last swap cause most of these I stole from you!
Would you want to be the first or second sender? (Ill try to accommodate yall but if two people are perfect together in every other way then both wanting to be first I may just assign it randomly:))
What are your favorite crafts?
What craft would you like to learn?
 Do you have any allergens in your house? (smoke, animals, etc.)
Do you have any allergies or would you prefer not to receive from a house with smoke or animals in them?
What are 3 of your random favorites?
What are 3 pet peeves or dislikes?
Would you like to write someone similar or different?
Are you looking for a long term pen pal or one time for this swap?
If looking long term, would you prefer letters or emails after this swap?
Do you have a wist, blog, pinterest, etc.?
Name 7 favorite themes or items you would jump up and down and scream to be able to receive them:   (trying to give your partner an idea of something awesome to craft for ya!)
Do you have a camera available to post pics to the gallery?
Any other info?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
[/pre]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011 05:24:35 PM by AmazingAlex » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an uber nerd that loves Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, Supernatural, and Marvelverse (to name a few.)
Harry Potter Favorites Swap Is Live
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=434138

I'm interested in personal swaps!
AmazingAlex
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011 06:16:06 PM »

My GLORIOUS Participants: w/ updated sent info for packages!
sent let received let both sent and received let talk to me about this please! Smiley  late w/ communication- send asap please
AmazingAlex -> MadHatteh
Nven ->southern flower
sweety28303 -> zzdia
bec99->mink_bikini
Annchen (will be sending upon notification of partner) ->Lionne
juliel85 ->penelopewaits
fifilaru -> Rosie1981
hoppy -> IzzyBee
mooseyy will be sending Monday-> indigo_roses
Aryante ->barbie820

« Last Edit: November 13, 2011 04:53:14 PM by AmazingAlex » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an uber nerd that loves Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, Supernatural, and Marvelverse (to name a few.)

Nven
Also known as Aeramel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011 10:00:56 AM »

I was in Rnd#2 and am itching for another!

So just to make sure I've got this part straight:  We send the crafted item(s) out after we send the letters?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps; offering knits for eco baby and mama items.
AmazingAlex
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011 10:04:49 AM »

I thought it'd be fun because that way you can find out a bit more about the person before you make them something. I thought it might help make things a bit more personalized. If your partner goes on about owls for 7 pages then you MIGHT have found something to make them. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011 02:00:05 PM »

Interesting... This might actually fit in with my upcoming move. I can still write letters and craft small things even if most of the craft room is boxed up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nven
Also known as Aeramel

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011 03:48:21 PM »

Ok, just sent in my info.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps; offering knits for eco baby and mama items.
AmazingAlex
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011 04:30:36 PM »

We have a new amazing participant! Welcome Nven! And a late welcome to Lionne as well. Smiley

Annchen I'm not planning on this being a huge overwhelming swap. Just meet some cool new crafster peeps and exchange a small or medium crafted item. You have two weeks each for letters and a month and a week for the craft. I made it this way for people who may be busy this time of year (like me with a new semester and spanish class EVERY DAY) so we'd love to have you!

and welcome sweety! Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011 05:29:26 PM by AmazingAlex » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011 10:30:40 PM »

Working on my questionnaire. I'll send it in later. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011 08:30:58 AM »

All the dates are a bit confusing to me... Are we supposed to write and send the letter on the day we get partners if we're first senders? I'm not sure how that'll work out with my work and timezones and stuff... I could of course write the letter in advance and just mail it off when I get the address if that's acceptable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmazingAlex
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011 10:44:19 AM »

All the dates are a bit confusing to me... Are we supposed to write and send the letter on the day we get partners if we're first senders? I'm not sure how that'll work out with my work and timezones and stuff... I could of course write the letter in advance and just mail it off when I get the address if that's acceptable.

oh my goodness! thank you so much for pointing that out to me! I'm sooo sorry. Smiley ill adjust the dates after my class when I get back to my computer!Ill also explain my reasoning for the dates. sorry for the confusion! ok back in my room and I thought about this during Human Development and I THINK I came up with a solution. I guess I got caught up in everything and just didn't check all my dates that carefully. My bad sorry. I'm now going to adjust the dates and make the first letter sendout 2 weeks after 9/6 which will be the 20th. The second letter send out date will be 10/4. This will push the craft send out dates to 11/10.  Now I realize this is a really long time for a swap this small to go on but its so people who are busy can have time to write and craft something meaningful. If you have time to you can of course write your letter the day you get your partner info and send it out the next day and if they write back to you right away and y'all wanna go ahead and craft your items, then feel free! When your partner receives her package and posts pictures I'll be glad to give you feedback then even if it is 3 weeks before the craft send out date. Does anyone else see a flaw in my logic or something I should change? I'm honestly asking cause this is my first swap and I'm only about 89.3% sure of what I'm doing. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011 01:44:13 PM by AmazingAlex » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Red Carpet Waves Like Naomi Watts
How To: Create Classic Waves With Pin Curls
How to Get Big Hair With Serge Normant
The Tricks to Growing Long, Beautiful Hair
Zac Posen Proves That Crimped Hair Can Be Glamorous at NYFW Fall 2013
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...