A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cheap and Easy Baked Zucchini Sticks, Lemon Butter Scallops and Dips!  (Read 639 times)
Tags for this thread: scallop , zucchini  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sparkly Sharp Fabulous
Sparkly Sharp and Fabulous

View Profile WWW
« on: August 19, 2011 09:40:58 AM »

Recently I have been trying to incorporate more vegetable’s in my daily routine, but unfortunately my love for all things fried, deep fried, or coated in butter (damn you Paula Deen for making such delicious food!) has made that goal just that more difficult than it really should be.

One of the people I follow on Pinterest posted this great link with the recipe:
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2011/07/28/baked-zucchini-sticks-and-sweet-onion-dip-that-bloomin-zucchini/

It’s for a lovely variation of an Outback “Bloomin Onion”, but the healthier, baked way with zucchini! It was very easy to make, and for two people, was plenty of zucchini to go around!

I had some scallops in the fridge (bought on sale of course!) and decided to do a quick sauté with fresh garlic, lemon, and a smidge of butter. So good!
The dip sounds lovely, and is going on my “to try” list, but I actually didn’t have any onions on hand to make it with. I just did a blending of some light sour cream, ranch, and some of the roasted lemon butter garlic from the scallops and used that for my dip. It actually turned out quite delicious.

Overall, it was not a very difficult to make, and was quite delicious! I personally loved the crunchy outside of the sticks with the soft inside part of the zucchini. The sticks actually held up pretty well for next day consumption. Obviously they weren’t as crispy as they were right out of the oven, but for an afternoon snack they were pretty good! I peeled off some of the breading the next day, and the flavor had seeped into the zucchini and was quite yummy still.

If you want to try this out, and I suggest you do, let me know if you have any questions or anything, I’ll be happy to share my insight!!

Any comments or suggestions are always welcome!!  Enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JulieML
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011 10:31:54 AM »

those both looks great!! I LOVE scollops ... made my mouth water
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sparkly Sharp Fabulous
Sparkly Sharp and Fabulous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011 05:09:31 PM »

those both looks great!! I LOVE scollops ... made my mouth water

Oh thank you Smiley I hope you try them! They really were pretty easy to do! I'm in the process of developing a variation of this for sweet potatoes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making your own Jewellery, Make Bead Earrings
Jewelry Making
Jewellery Making Ideas
Jewelry Making Patterns
How to Make Bead Jewelry
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...