A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 305,028
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crayon melting - First ever in-progress shots (pic chubby-bunny)  (Read 1605 times)
Tags for this thread: melted_crayon_art  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NeedToCraft

"But why is the rum gone?" - Jack Sparrow

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2011 06:23:07 AM »

First of all I want to say that I (sort-of) copied it from [url]http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=388880.0/[url]. Of course mine isn't half as pretty as NightCheads'

Picture that goes as a thumbnail or if you read this then as a beauty shot(It's not very pretty, I know, but I don't have  a better camera):

I glued the crayons down(with PVA, 'cause I don't have any other):

Closer shots of the order of the crayons:

So that was before...(oh and by-theway I used scrap-crayons) And this is after I heated them with my hairdryer:

And here it is with the frame on:

You see the little stripey thingy right on the bottom of the blues? Well that's because the green crayon started rolling around the paper, because he thought that he was the cool one and could do whatever he wanted... Well I got news for ya, green - NOT COOL!!

In other news - The blue one took his time and melted the slowest. The dark blue ones and the lilac ones were in a hurry and melted the fastest(that's why you see so much blue in one end).

Well... Hope you liked it! Smiley
C&C Welcome. Always.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm NOT a normal teenager. Seriously...
sunshineravioli

Loves and Snuggles!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011 07:12:48 AM »

Neato neato frito! I was wondering if I could get away with a hair dryer instead of a heat gun... Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Indecisive Monkey

Dragon Slayer Sam - Killer of Beasts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011 10:43:39 AM »

I was also wondering how well a blow dryer would work. I'm glad to see that it's so effective Smiley Maybe I will go and buy some canvas and some crayons later today!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leighmatheson
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011 02:41:33 PM »

Hooray! I'm very excited to learn the blow dryer does the trick. I think also it would help to have the paper on the crayons, to keep it a little more tidy. From the looks of yours you used some leftovers, which is also fine by me. It gives it a more explosive look. Smiley I think I'm going to try this project later this week, it's also been on my mind!

Great job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft Happily Yours,
Leigh
NightChaed
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011 07:28:30 PM »

I think it turned out awesome! What kind of crayons? did you use? Yours blended with eachother better than mine did. I think your close-up shots look kind of like an impressionist landscape.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NeedToCraft

"But why is the rum gone?" - Jack Sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011 04:34:48 AM »

Neato neato frito! I was wondering if I could get away with a hair dryer instead of a heat gun... Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome! Cheesy

Hooray! I'm very excited to learn the blow dryer does the trick. I think also it would help to have the paper on the crayons, to keep it a little more tidy. From the looks of yours you used some leftovers, which is also fine by me. It gives it a more explosive look. Smiley I think I'm going to try this project later this week, it's also been on my mind!

Great job!!!
My crayons were scrap so they didn't have their paper on and the ones that had i took off because i didn't want to burn something. And thank you Cheesy

I think it turned out awesome! What kind of crayons? did you use? Yours blended with eachother better than mine did. I think your close-up shots look kind of like an impressionist landscape.

I don't know the name 'cause the package is all in finnish and i can't read finnish... Sad And thank you Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm NOT a normal teenager. Seriously...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sun-Kissed Makeup at the Rachel Zoe SS 2014 Fashion Show
Mexican Inspired Makeup at the Rebecca Minkoff SS 2014 Fashion Show
Modern Indigenous Makeup at the Nicholas K SS 2014 Show
Coral Lips at the Desigual SS 2014 Fashion Show
How to Make an Exfoliating Rice Face Mask
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...