A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 306,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
373 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: Men's t shirts into cowl neck dress  (Read 40061 times)
Tags for this thread: dress , reconstructed_from_teeshirts , tutorial , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2011  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

imafundork
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011 07:03:56 PM »

This is awesome!  I can't believe how simple it is to make.  I definitely want to try it out.  Thank you for the tutorial!

BTW, you are gorgeous!  I am jealous of your beautiful, long red locks!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
leeska
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011 06:10:52 AM »

This is awesome!  So creative, you would never think this is made from T-shirts.
Great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap it like it's HOT...I do personal swaps.

http://www.wists.com/Leeska
Daymoth
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011 12:19:49 PM »

this is brilliant! thanks so much for sharing, I'm definitely going to be trying this one out!! Cheesy 'this rocks!'
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011 10:56:44 AM »

I love the tie dye effect.  You have created a very useful tutorial.  The little bit of elastic is a brilliant idea to improve the fit and look of the garment. Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imlilanglnot
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011 04:58:47 PM »

I NEVER would have thought of anything like that! Brilliant!

As soon as I have our bundle of joy in December and lose the baby weight - I'm making this!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. - Agatha Christie

www.imlilanglnot.blogspot.com
pjhamel
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011 02:58:15 PM »

You are quite simply one of the most brilliant people on the planet. This dress rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will happily do personal swaps for beads, buttons, and fat quarters!

My Pinterest
MINDLE83
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011 02:16:59 PM »

Loved the look of this project! I tried it immediately but only had plain black tshirts, so to liven it even just a little, I cut the bands off the arms of the sleeve on top and about 6-8 inches off the bottom shirt (to make more of a tunic than a dress). Then I used a zig zag overcast stitch in bright green around the raw edges. The only thing I didn't like too much are the pockets. Maybe this style just doesn't work well on a body shape like mine? hmmm....

I'm definately not a seamstress,more like a "when the mood strikes" sewer! So take it from me, this project is EASY.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011 02:49:18 PM »

Loved the look of this project! I tried it immediately but only had plain black tshirts, so to liven it even just a little, I cut the bands off the arms of the sleeve on top and about 6-8 inches off the bottom shirt (to make more of a tunic than a dress). Then I used a zig zag overcast stitch in bright green around the raw edges. The only thing I didn't like too much are the pockets. Maybe this style just doesn't work well on a body shape like mine? hmmm....
I think it looks really well on you.  I have a similar bodyshape and I am definitely going to try this. Thank you for  putting up pictures of your version as they show more details of the cowl and the pockets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diranasaurus
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2011 03:24:18 PM »

@Mindle83--I agree with elderflower! I think it looks awesome on you. To me, this style works for a lot of people because it's cinched just under the bust and I think that's flattering on a lot of shapes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Add me on Ravelry!  I'm diranasaurus.
MINDLE83
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011 09:05:48 AM »

thanks guys! it was SUPER easy and I think the bad pocket situation could  be cured by getting another size or 2 bigger in the tshirts. Since I just grabbed some from the closet the were the size i wear all the time so that was not something I thought of at the time, but now I know so I can't wait to try it again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 27, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms
Your Dog Oughta Be In Pictures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...