A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafters Apron Swap Gallery!  (Read 24068 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

susanab
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011 06:34:49 PM »

I also love this apron, craftADDchick. It looks like the dots are bubbles floating up from those pockets. VERY fun and VERY lucky mom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
love2teach
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011 07:45:18 PM »

Awesome aprons Smiley  I'm always inspired by how creative everyone is here on this board!  I get so many ideas.

love2teach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest:  http://www.pinterest.com/lac1424/
My Raverly ID:  love2teach
silentblair
Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011 08:09:02 PM »

great job craftaddchick! Such pretty colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011 06:25:27 AM »

ha ha ha craftaddchick!!!  I also made the mistake of showing off my apron to my co-workers...now they all want one! Cheesy

I see some Christmas presents...I am glad I did this swap or else I would never have my own apron!  I have been wearing the one Leslieshappyheart made everyday--very useful and good-looking, too...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful apron...I know your Mom will love it but make sure you show off yours as well! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011 09:06:10 AM »

Well, cradtaddchick, very pretty Apron great job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
susanab
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011 11:44:05 AM »

Today is the deadline for apron shipping, swappers.
Be sure to send me and your partner your DC numbers so I can update your status.
Be sure to send me and your partner a PM if you are sending late.
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011 02:16:26 PM »

Thanks, ladies! I don't usually do such a great job with fabric selection, so I'm pretty tickled that it looks so good. I almost hate to give it to my mom tonight! But, I do have enough of the fabric set aside to make mine (this weekend- or else!).

And, fiddlegirl8, I'm almost thinking that I need to make one for school. I am constantly losing my keys, and it would be handy to have a pen and a notepad in my pocket at all times. Plus, I need to establish a reward program, so it'd be nice to carry the materials for that around too. I think I need to use up some of my space-themed fabrics (and perhaps grab a couple of coordinating ones), or maybe make an earth science-themed one, or an engineering-themed one. Or maybe one of each...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
fiddlegirl8

Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011 03:08:31 PM »

Thanks, ladies! I don't usually do such a great job with fabric selection, so I'm pretty tickled that it looks so good. I almost hate to give it to my mom tonight! But, I do have enough of the fabric set aside to make mine (this weekend- or else!).

And, fiddlegirl8, I'm almost thinking that I need to make one for school. I am constantly losing my keys, and it would be handy to have a pen and a notepad in my pocket at all times. Plus, I need to establish a reward program, so it'd be nice to carry the materials for that around too. I think I need to use up some of my space-themed fabrics (and perhaps grab a couple of coordinating ones), or maybe make an earth science-themed one, or an engineering-themed one. Or maybe one of each...
YES YES!  This would be the perfect apron for school!!  What level do you teach?  I'm jealous of your profession - I always wanted to teach elementary aged children - just never completed college for that!  I think a space-theme apron would be ever so awesome!  If you make one, please let us see it!  These do sew up pretty quick too.
I'm finished at work and headed home as soon as I post this - MY APRON PACKAGE FROM MY PARTNER SUSAN SHOULD BE WAITING FOR ME!!!  So so excited!   Shocked Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
susanab
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011 05:10:13 PM »

And my package from fiddlegirl8 was waiting for me. how awesome is it when partners receive the same day??!!
Well I am just blown away by the whole thing, to be honest. her sewing skills and fabric picks and the so-called small crafty extra...

it was protected several times over and wrapped up like a present, which it was!

The fabrics are just lovely and the main body fabric is beautiful. Fiddlegirl8 will have to tell you what collection this is from. Each pocket is sewing themes--fantastic! (I was too excited to even tie it nicely. Sorry. Not really)

FG8s' trademark map of Kansas means I can come into the state now. HOOORAY! "Oh, give me a hoooome...."

Hey, what's in the pockets??!!
Pocket 1 is the button-themed fabric and inside were buttons. Both vintage--from FG8's GRANDMOTHER'S collection!!! and current ones. She made a drawstring pouch--so perfectly pretty--to hold them in.
Pocket 2--so cute this fabric--is safety pin themed...

Pocket 3 is the sewing machine pocket. That had the map of Kansas ("...where the buffalo roammm.") and, yes, Kansas/Susan mints. How wild is that? So it's deer, antelope and they have branched out into mints!
Pocket 4 is needle and thread fabric that I love...
Pocket 5 is the thread pocket and it had Gutterman black and white spools in it. MY FIRST GUTTERMAN, REALLY! Now I have to start sewing a lot better!

And fiddlegirl8 made me a most awesome fabric wrist cuff--my favorite jewelry in the whole wide universe. Here is what it looks like and let me tell you this...it's the first wrist cuff she has ever made! And it's her first time piecing things together like this, in a fabric collage type of way!

Your talent and sweetness and generosity abound. Thank you so much for everything.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011 04:18:28 AM by susanab » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
fiddlegirl8

Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011 05:24:36 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Oh my, I am not worthy, but I'm keeping it all anyway!!  WARNING - PICTURE HEAVY - I could not help it!!
Here is what was waiting for me on my front porch when I got home from work today - I'm so happy I've been dancing and crying since I opened it!   Cheesy

Susan sent me the most wonderful apron - the fabric is little gnomes (a new favorite of mine) and mushrooms and acorns and is just wonderful - I can't describe how cute and pretty it is!  The pockets and lining and ties are all wonderful leafy and green (a favorite color of mine) and I just love every stitch of it - it is so-o cute - first picture is of the contents when I first pulled them out of the mailing envelope - it looks so-o wonderful, and I haven't even unwrapped it yet!

after unwrapping -

and

Here's an action shot - it's kind of dark, but it's as good as it gets this time of day:

and more pictures of the great things in the apron - the cutest GNOME! I love his little face and beard, a Tokyo Dahlia Ocean bound notebook - I love this; a beautiful button that says "imagine" - another perfect-for-me item, a crown (because I am a princess!) zipper pull (I mistakenly first thought it was a keychain) - this will grace the zipper on a pink sweatshirt I have and wear often!, and a bag of scrabble tiles and a scrabble tile tutorial (Susan stalked the heck out of me, she knew I want to try out this craft - I'm excited that now I have the means to try it!).   Cheesy 

Plus, some sweet candies and cookies - I don't usually buy these things for myself, because I would be such a PIG, and this way I can ration them out to me a little at a time - nice!   Wink

Thank you, Susan - you were a great partner to have - I am hopeful you are as pleased with your package from me (I loved crafting it for you), as I am with the wonderfulness I received from you.  LOVE IT ALL!  **Happy Happy Dance!!***  Grin Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Painted Background
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: The Roaming Gnome
@Home This Weekend: Welcoming Door Decor

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...