Swap name: Newbie Swap Round 17
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: loves2experiment
Sign-up date range: August 22, 2011 – September 2, 2011 (or until FULL)
Date to send item by: September 30, 2011 (Friday)
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24 + me. I will only be organizing
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Age requirement? No age requirement other than Craftster Swap rules, but you must be able to purchase craft supplies and send out on time.
Swap Organizer herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES (This must be your first swap to be eligible to participate.)
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
To join this swap, you must:
- have a minimum of 15 posts
- be a member of Craftster for at least 1 month
- have never been in a Craftster swap before
- are not in a Craftster swap right now
Details of swap: (thanks to kishcrafts)
Here’s the deal: I know that there are a lot of you who think that swapping sounds like fun, you’re tempted to try, but then, you chicken out. You think, what if my crafting isn’t as good as my partner's? What if I screw up? What if I don’t understand how to do this no matter how many times I’ve read the swapping guidelines? So many “what ifs”! This is your opportunity to get your feet wet in the swapping pool with folks that are in the same boat! This is your chance to ask all of the questions that you’ve ever needed answers to! Everyone will be brand new swappers, so no one should feel like they are asking silly questions or feel like they don't have enough experience. Some really amazing things came from the previous newbie swaps and some new friends were made. So, come on in—the water’s fine! I will be your guide through the world of swapping. If you have any questions or concerns throughout this swap, please PM me or post in the forum! There are some rules that must be followed in order to have an optimal swapping experience. Some are Craftster's rules, some are mine. If you feel that you cannot abide by the rules of this swap please don't join!!
My rules: (thanks to alteredmommy!)
1. Once you have been accepted into the swap, you must post to the thread with a brief bio. No details such as last names or addresses of course.
2. You must post at least once per week in the thread. When we move over to the gallery, you must continue to post once per week until you and your partner have both sent and received. Failure to do so will result in a 'poor communication' comment in your feedback. If you signup but do not post in the thread in a timely manner, I reserve the right to drop you from the swap.
3. You must communicate with your partner. If I receive notification from your partner that you are out of communication, this will result in a 'poor communication' comment in your feedback.
4. When sending messages to me, please label them as 'Newbie Swap Round 17' in the subject line.
5. Posting photos in the gallery is a rule of this swap. Failure to do so will result in a comment in your feedback of 'did not complete swap requirements'.
Feedback will not be given until both partners have sent and received.
1. If sending within the US, you must use a Delivery Confirmation Number (DC#). If outside of the US, please get a receipt. The DC# and/or receipt must be sent to the organizer and your partner.
2. When you receive your swap package, you must notify both myself and your partner… and post photos in the gallery!
You will be crafting 1 medium and 2 smalls for your partner. If you want to send more, please discuss this with your partner. A guide to size:
Medium 2-3 hours and a small is less than 2 hours.
Things to keep in mind:
The more flexible you are in the questionnaire, the easier it will be to match you up with a partner.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name (both first and last name)
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old (yes/no)
Have you read and understand all the swap's rules (mine AND Craftster's?)
What sorts of things are you most comfortable crafting?
Is there anything that you would really like made for you?
Least favorite colors?
Any skin or food allergies?
Are there any smokers or animals in your house?
Are you interested in clothing/socks/slippers? If so, please list sizes here:
Do you have access to a digital camera and promise to take and post photos in the gallery?
Is there anything that you absolutely do not want?
Do you have a wist or blog? If so, list here:
Tell your partner something about yourself here:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.Swappers:
3. courtneykilleditPartnersSentReceivedSent and Received
So essentially, this will be a round robin sorta swap GALLERY!