A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,215
Currently Running With Scissors:
658 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Apocalyptic Fashion Swap Round 2; Send by 10/11/11  (Read 39059 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Biochic
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2011 05:39:50 PM »

I'm all about the gas masks and irradiated world scenario, although zombies very much fit in with that world i.e. Night of the Living Dead. George A Romero is definitely one of my heroes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2011 06:25:48 PM »

My favourite books growing up were The Chrysalids and the Obernewtyn saga (can't wait for the final book next year!) All about psychic children growing up post apocalypse. But now I'm all about the survivalist/roving bands of kick-asses/people making cool things out of rubble. So zombies works for me, but I'm more focused on the survivors. Plus, if I go zombies, we can't call it Team Zombies, it has to be Team Braaaaaaaaaaainz. K?

Also, another for my potential partner, in light of the fact that postage to OZ from US usually takes two weeks at least, I don't want a zombie costume for my swap goodies. A) in case it doesn't get here in time for the shuffle, and mostly B) because I've seen photos from the last one, and there's lots of fake blood flowing, and I don't want to ruin or be obliged to hard core launder my new swap lovelies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interrobam
she-who-is-relatively-good-at-several-things

as human as humanly possible

« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2011 06:49:39 PM »

Could making a short story count as an item? If so, if it was pretty long or also a papercraft, could it be a medium?

I almost think that would depend on what your partner thinks... or if you made it up like a journal or something like that maybe. Honestly I'm not sure about it, but I will think a bit more on it.  Undecided

I love all the enthusiasm about picture taking... I can't wait for people to get stuff already and the swap hasn't even started!

Well, if I do sign up I hope I'll get someone who really wants a story/journal/letter then, because that would be my specialty. Also I'm totally scouting my campus for apocalyptic looking areas now.

Resiting signing up again...  must resist!

I will say that my favorite part of the package I got in round 1 was the story that Interrobam put in my package.  I think that made the whole thing for me.  That would make a great little roleplaying aspect. Along with the photo of the costume all done up.

ATTENTION TEXTILEJNKIE'S FUTURE PARTNER (assuming she signs up):

Take it from her partner in the last round of this swap, you are one lucky duck. This lady will make you something awe inspiring.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mini Halloween Swap: Package: SENT and RECEIVED

Pinterest
ashgraykitsune
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2011 07:07:56 PM »

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG....*drools, spazes a little* MY PARTNER'S GETTING SO SPOILED, DUDES! I LOVE post-apocalyptic, love to design it, wear it, destroy it and wear it again! And looking through the last swap's gallery...WHY WAS I NOT ON THIS SITE SOONER?!?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ashgraykitsune
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2011 07:23:12 PM »

I should probably also state that I'm pretty open to just about anything that anyone's interested in sending; as a professional cosplayer, I already do a lot of strange dress-up in public, so I don't have qualms about wearing awesome creations. But...I am curious. I used to have a book that I made, ages and ages ago in my freshman art class, that was designed along the same lines as the Monster book of Monsters from Harry Potter, (before the book came out, though), with an old wind-watch for the eye. I've really wanted to make a few more of those, but I don't know if anyone would be interested in them?

Let's see..what all do I do again?
Clothing making/cosplay, beading, writing, role playing IRL and online, milenry (sp? hat-making), book-building, miscellaneous fun and quirky creations built of pretty much anything, ribbon working...steampunk........drawing a blank again...

Meh, what I don't know how to do, I scour the internet to learn.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2011 07:29:03 PM »

I should probably also state that I'm pretty open to just about anything that anyone's interested in sending; as a professional cosplayer, I already do a lot of strange dress-up in public, so I don't have qualms about wearing awesome creations. But...I am curious. I used to have a book that I made, ages and ages ago in my freshman art class, that was designed along the same lines as the Monster book of Monsters from Harry Potter, (before the book came out, though), with an old wind-watch for the eye. I've really wanted to make a few more of those, but I don't know if anyone would be interested in them?

Let's see..what all do I do again?
Clothing making/cosplay, beading, writing, role playing IRL and online, milenry (sp? hat-making), book-building, miscellaneous fun and quirky creations built of pretty much anything, ribbon working...steampunk........drawing a blank again...

Meh, what I don't know how to do, I scour the internet to learn.  Grin

ummm...dibs?  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2011 07:33:07 PM »

I am going to show my nerdy-ass stripes here. Has anyone seen "the Tribe"? It's a New Zealand children's soap opera about all the adults dying and the kids fending for themselves. Everyone has fantastic dye jobs and facial make-up and clothes. It basically ruined my teenage fashion years.

It's real fancy, obviously. Also, no fair calling dibs, Krafty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2011 07:41:48 PM »

lol.  Grin  Grin  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
Biochic
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2011 08:23:38 PM »

The Tribe? Hmmm never heard of that before but something tells me I'll have to find some episodes online  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2011 08:55:38 PM »

I will tell you now, it's a little slow. But the costuming more than makes up for it. Youtube would be a good place to look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose a Quilting Fabric
Walking and Talking With a Knife
How One Man Turned a Degree in Computer Science Into More Than a Desk Job
How to Design Strip Quilting Patterns
How to Add Color to Your Quilt
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...