A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Holiday List Swap Round 1 (sign ups 8/18 through 9/17)  (Read 16180 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jessicachantel
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011 08:27:20 AM »

Okay I think it is okay to post since I got the AOK from the orgs!
I claim Miss Barbara for something bug related for her Hubby!
(1,0,0)

Hi there,
My name is Jessica and I live in Canada with my husband and my  2 year old son, Jack. We are also expecting another boy on Oct 13th whom we have already named Ethan! This year I am completely stumped for what to get everyone and I am trying to get it out of the way before new baby comes so thanks for helping!

General:
Reusable Gift bags
Home made candy/ chocolates (could use as one of those uh oh totally forgot to get you a present, heres some candy! haha)
Modern Christmas decorations (Wreath, advent calendar, something to decorate the table) examples of ones I like: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/cm/goodhousekeeping/images/AP/christmas-wreath-craft-decorate-paper-stars-fb.jpg

http://assets.curbly.com/photos/0000/0011/7471/dec_07_wreatha.jpg

http://www.punchbowl.com/landing_photos/p0000/0428/JoyWreath.jpg?1227028509

http://www.alphamom.com/legacy/mmb/storyart/advent%20calendar%20modern%20from%20modernseed.gif

http://athome.kimvallee.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/BabySockAdventCalendar.jpg

Something special to put cookies for Santa out (It is the first year my so understands Christmas!)

Extended Family

Sister In Laws
- I have 3 and one is expecting!
Home made soaps
Auntie christmas ornaments
home made candles

Brother in Laws
I have two and they are both total nerds! Eve though they are 30 and 32 lol
They love playing WOW among other games!
Etched tumblers, shot glasses, etc..
BBQ spices or sauces (they like things HOT)
Something game related

Nieces and Nephews
Tyler- turns one just before christmas
Hooded towel
Playful Soaps (lego, etc..)
Bath toys
Cute outfit

Emily- 8 years old
Age appropriate Jewelery

My Sister
She loves crocheting and cooking
Crochet supplies (yarn, books, needles, etc..)
A bag to carry her supplies in while working on a project (she prefers more modern trendier fabric)
Spices/ rubs and anything else you can think of for the kitchen

My Son
Floor pillow to watch his shows (Monster or something equally fun)
Stocking stuffers! Home made crayons , fun soap, christmas ornament, candy, anything else you can think of!
Dress up outfit! He fits 3 T- he loves lions, firemen, doctors, buzz light year and woody, construction workers.
Felt food

New Baby
First Christmas outfit or onesie
Baby Toys
Fabric book with his name : Ethan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011 12:36:48 PM »

I claim jessicachantel for a first christmas outfit for Ethan
(1,0,0)

Hi
Im Leigh-Ann, and I live in Florida with my parents, and my 4yr old son Levi.  We are vegetarian, try to live green and love to travel.  Several people in my family are very allergic to smoke, so please dont claim me if anyone in your home smokes.

Thanks!

For Levi:
We do not do TV, so no TV/movie related stuff, he loves books, cooking anything purple, riding his bike, swimming... he is homeschooled...he has a ton of food allergies and is allergic to anything artificial (scents, soaps, dyes etc).  We also try to stick with gender neutral stuff (i.e. nothing that screams BOY, something youd give to a boy or a girl).  We do not need any more matching games!  Thanks!

- small dolls, doll house size.  They can be little people, gnomes, represent different jobs (police officer, clown, ballerina, etc)

- baby doll, one that looks like a baby

- ramp of some sort to roll stuff down, maybe made from wood

- a fun hook to hang his bath towel on, something colorful and beachy/ocean theme (a fish maybe?)

- wooden blocks made from tree branches, the kind with bark still on in natural shapes.  Like these: http://www.threesisterstoys.com/p-1181-tree-branch-blocks.aspx

- cooking stuff in kids size, like small-ish fun shaped pans, cookie cutters, little rolling pin, a small colander, etc.  Stuff that can actually be used.

- stocking stuffers, I never know what to get for him for this, so anything you can think of!

- knit or crochet sweater, either button down or a hoodie style.  Soft yarn thats washable!  (purple would be great, or a varigated with purple in it, or another fun bright color combo like rainbow or sunset inspired colors).  4T ish size, Id rather have it big so it lasts him a while.  I LOVE this one: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/1366372

-homeschool stuff, anything you can think of, especially math related.  Kindergarden level or harder.   Montessori/waldorf stuff appreciated too!

- handmade clothes for Levi, size will depend on what weather you are making it for!  We use summer stuff for most of the year.  Lots of ideas on my wists, but I love any handmade clothing, he wears all kinds of different styles.  (the only exception is no 'character' themes, and no overly "boy" themes like trucks/bugs/police cars/sports)

- gymnastics theme shirt

- gymnastics leotard (boys leotard) SO hard to find!

- dyed playsilks, rainbow colors any sizes, a giant one would be awesome though

- undyed or dyed OVB, ocean colors, sunset colors, or rainbow colors.  Or solids.  Any amounts, I have a variety of things I plan on making him with this.

- set of cloth wipes, would love velour on one side of possible but not absolutely necessary.  Bathroom is ocean theme so anything to match that, or bright colors in solids/stripes/dots would work too.  

For my mom:
My mom loves gardening and hiking.  Her colors are brown, neutrals, turquoise, rust.  

-garden markers for the garden, to mark which plant is which

- other gardening stuff, maybe fun pots or a cool watering can or something, whatever you can think of!

-set of un-paper towels for the kitchen (kitchen is sorta florida theme - palm trees and whatnot.  Also have some rust/terra-cotta red.   Not super picky on colors for this but prefer no white because it looks dirty fast)

- ceramic or glass trivets

My Dad:
Travels a TON, likes wine, the outdoors.  He likes "the big bang theory" Favorite color is red.

- wine bottle holders, I made him a bunch of super simple ones, so maybe some a little fancier just for fun

-travel related stuff, for a seasoned international traveler. Maybe a dop-kit, things to organize stuff for packing in the suitcase, and?

-"Sheldon" shirts from the big bang theory, stuff he wears in the show.  Men's large (medium works too if they run on the larger side)

I have no idea what else - anyone have good ideas for a guy???

Grammy:
She likes to garden and bake, LOVES her dog and her great-grandson (Levi), she likes typical old lady colors/prints, florals, pastels, white/off white, that kind of thing.

-Fun pillows for her couch, her couch is very sad looking.  One with a silhouette of Levi on it would be awesome.  
-Anything that can hold a picture of Levi

-Anything to keep her warm, especially her hands and feet.  Anything for her feet needs to be very easy to put on and be non-slip

-gardening related stuff

-sweater that is a solid white, (sewn or knit/crochet), can be zip up or pull over.  She is TINY, wears a small/petite, she is like 80lbs and under 5 tall.  

My Sister (Shawn)
She likes to exercise, travel, is a college student trying to be a lawyer, likes colors/prints that are in fashion right now (I have no clue what that is!)

- trendy clothes, tops probably would be best.  Sized on the smaller end of medium or a size small (she is 54, probably around 115, size 3-5 for bottoms)

-school related stuff. She is always studying, on her Iphone or laptop, doing stuff for school.  

- make up bag - fun modern print (I dont wear make-up myself so Im not sure about different styles, whatever you think best for a 22yr old!)

My sisters boyfriend Tyler:

soft sole shoes (like the robeeze style baby shoes but much bigger!), I think he wears a size 10-11 in mens, but I will double check.  A dragon on each shoe, one shoe themed Fire (reds/yellows) and the other themed Ice (blues/whites).   Yes I know this is totally random.   (based on the dueling dragons rollercoaster at universal, now a harry potter ride)

Dog (Berkshire)
Berkshire is a chocolate lab/boarder collie, and is like 90 something pounds.  

- color/leash set in a girly color, purple maybe (she doesn't have a favorite color, just something to designate her as a girl, because everyone thinks she is a boy)

-indestructible dog toys that float.  she loves to swim!  Nothing with a squeak, she will kill it.

- dog backpack thing for her to carry her water, poop bags, treats  - for hiking.  Dirt hiding color.  

Other general:
- fabric, low-loft quilt batting, and sewing supplies -   I need fabric for various charity projects I do for the holidays one is making quilts.  So I need lots of fun kid friendly fabric (including prints/neutrals), thread and low-loft batting.

- re-usable gift bags in holiday prints and non-holiday fabrics, all sizes

- stocking stuffers for everyone - cooking/baking/grilling stuff, crochet bath poof things, chapsticks with natural flavor/scent, and anything else fun!  

- pot holders, we need some for our house, the vacation house and grammy.  Ours are all random ones, so anything fun you want to do is fine for this (go ahead and use up your scraps!)

I would also love small gifts for Levi's little friends, aged 2-6yrs old, something little just to give them with Levi's christmas cards.

Gifts for people at church - I have a 7yr old who is legally blind, a 13yr old with severe autism, 2yr old, 5yr old, a 6yr old, and 3 older kids (aged 8-12).  No ideas for this crowd!  

Stuff from my wists:

www.wists.com/leighi123
Most of it is stuff for Levi or for other people, so lots of cool things I can use for gifts on there.  Also gives you a good idea of the colors/style I like (especially for Levi!)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011 04:41:55 PM by leighi123 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftaddiction
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011 01:56:23 PM »

I claim leighi123 for fingerless gloves to keep her Grammy's hands warm.
2/1/0

I live in Iowa with my boyfriend (of 7 years) and our small Multipoo dog named sissy.

We have 2 main groups we give Christmas gifts to (other than immediate family). I could use help with this year. I have no clue what to get them, so you could make anything you wanted. The only thing you should keep in mind that most are couples and most are senior aged. I made a board on pintrest with some ideas. They are just to give you ideas; you dont need to make something on the board if you have a different idea.

-   Tiny gift(s) The tiny ones are people around town. Usually I pick up all 8-10 of them for around $20 (just to give you an idea on value). This is like the mail man and the trash guy. It is okay if they are really tiny. I am going to leave them on my list and make little goodies bags. Maybe ornaments, snack bags, cooking mixes, magnets, alerted notebooks, bookmarks.  I love the mini pie in a  jar idea. Really, anything you can think of. I am horrible at coming up with ideas. You dont need to claim all 8. Just claim how ever many you want to meet the swap requirements, or mix-and-match with other things on my list.
-   Small gift(s) Usually we spend around $10-$20 each on these. We will send 5 of these this year. I dont actually know any of these people, as they are distance relatives of my boyfriends or his ex (he got along well with her family well, and likes to send them something small). 2 are couples, 3 are single (2 women, 1 man). All are seniors or near it, with no kids in the house. One of the single women is diabetic. If you like things more spelled out, here it is:
Small gift A Our Neighbors. Married couple. In their 60s. He is in a wheel chair.
Small gift B Male, Single. In his 50s In a band. Loves anything related to music and comics. Likes old 30s and 40s cars.
Small gift C Female, single. 95 year old. Diabetic. Partial disabled (age). Likes anything related to where she was born, South Dakota (you dont have to use that). Lives in Southern California in a nursing home.
Small gift D Female, single. 55 years old.
Small gift E Bfs ex-parent-in-laws. Married. In their 70s (or so). He is a retired fireman.

My boyfriends GrandkidsPerhaps someone likes making gifts for kids? You could make anything you would like.
My boyfriend has 4 kids (all grown). 2 are married with kids. One has 1 boy (age 6) and 1 girl (age 2). The other has 2 boys (ages 6 and 1). We could use some gifts for the grandkids (dont worry about the kids, they like cash Smiley )

My Parents
My dad is disabled. Some days he is in so much pain he cant leave his bed. Other days are better. His favorite things are going to breakfast and his dog Rosita. Rosita is great for him. When he has bad days she will lay next to him all day. Other days, she is great at getting him out of the house. She loves playing ball and car rides. So a great day for dad is taking Rosita to sonic for breakfast. She is like his child. He used to have pictures of me all over his computer and phone. They have since been replaced with pictures of her Smiley He spends a lot of time reading (especially when he cant get out of bed). He reads suspense and crime novels and can read a book or 2 a night. He is trying to get more active (when he can), so he swims at the community pool and has started playing pickleball. He pretty much likes any colors (well, he wont wear pink) and anything. He isnt picky. He has no allergies but he is diabetic.

Mom is allergic to wool (it is fine if dad gets something with wool in it, she has to be close to notice it, like a blanket or a scarf). Her favorite color is blue. There isnt any color she dislikes. She also loves Rosita, but her baby is her dog Maxie (a boy). She spends most of the time working. She just started sewing and tries to spend every minute she can find sewing. She is a natural at it. She never had a hobby before, so I think this is good from her.

-    Large lunch bag My mom takes her breakfast, lunch and whatever else she will need for the day in a plastic grocery bag. Maybe someone has a better idea for a reusable bag? Thanks kaz814!
-    Detroit Lions Vest I would love a Lions vest for my dad. He wears a xxl. If you have an idea or something else Detroit Lions themed, that would be great too. It shouldnt take too much fabric, as it doesnt need arms.
-   Anything Detroit Lions themed for my dad.
-    3x Shirts for Dad Doesnt matter if they are sewn, stenciled, painted or anything else. He likes shirts. Any type or style. I havent seen a shirt he doesnt like. Shirts in his size are expensive and they dont have much money so he usually gets his shirts from the bargain rack from walmart (when he can find them, which isnt often). It is always the shirts no one else would wear and he loves them. He has an unusual sense of humor. His favorite was just a basic shirt that said I am Hip Hop he found for $3. He loved that shirt. Actually, he wore it out, so that might be an idea Smiley If you want themes, some would be: Detroit lions, the zia symbol, Bob Marley, his dog, humorous sayings. Dont feel you need to go by those themes. He would love anything! Those are just what I could think of. Dont let them limit you. TroubleT has wonderfully claimed me for a stenciled shirt. He can always use more Smiley
-   Slippers For my dad. He wears a 9 in US mens. Any style. He could really use them. He cant feel his feet so sometimes he steps on things around the house (like goat heads) without realizing it. Even a thin barrier would make a big difference.
-   Stickers With Bob V. on them For my dad. He puts them on his diabetic tracking sheets. I think it is his way to make a negative thing a bit more fun. And it makes the nurses smile. They should have some sort of picture (sponge bob?) and Bob V. They could be done completely by hand. Or this would be good for someone with some computer skills and Avery type labels.
-   Stenciled/etched wine glasses They get their wine glasses from the dollar store. They work fine but are a bit plain. So maybe some can make glasses with a design on them?
-   Stenciled/etched beer glasses
-   Homemade Soap  Dad loves homemade soap. He first got hooked when they got a bar of lavender goat milk soap. Since then he has tried many different types of soap (like olive oil ones) and has likes them all.
-   Fused Glass Pendant  With my picture. My mom asked for one.

-   Anything you think they would like I didnt ramble on about their life for no reason. Smiley If you got any ideas while reading their bio, (ie, something for animals or a bookmark for dads reading), go with it. My imagination limits me greatly. Dont let my poor imagination limit you too :p  If you have ideas, please, use them.

Sewing Supplies for Mom I usually wouldnt think used supplies would be a good gift, but I couldnt afford anything for my moms birthday, so I swapped for some sewing supplies. I couldnt afford new stuff and I knew sewing supplies was what she really wanted. Since she doesnt care about gifts much (she always says not to get her anything and means it), I figured she would understand. It turns out; it was the best thing I (and my swap partners) ever got her (I was hoping it would be). I never saw her so excited over a gift. I think she liked it even more since I didnt spend a bunch of money on her (she knows we dont have any to spend). She was so happy to get stuff she could use, since she also cant afford to buy supplies often. So I am adding some supplies to her list. I know it isnt crafted, but someone may have some lying around and she would love them just has much as traditional gifts.
-   Fabric Yardage  Cotton, blends, flannel or polyester in 2+ yards Also, fabric for Mens Hawaiian type shirts. Neither of use knows much about fabric, so if you have any fabric that works for clothing, PJs, or bags, it would be wonderful, even if it isnt a material listed.
-    Purse Findings  She has been sewing for a few months and really loves it. She cant afford supplies. Maybe someone has some they dont need. She needs fabric the most, but can use anything.  
someone. Even one stitch marker would help.
-   Rotary Cutter any size
-   Cutting Mat
-   Beginning Sewing Books/Patterns She can use clothing in sizes 12-18 in womans. She could also use patterns for bags, pillow and other accessories.
-   Any sewing supplies you think she would find useful
-   Sewing Patten for Mens Hawaiian Shirt My mom wants to make dad some shirts. He wears a 3x.
-   Sewing Patten for any Mens 3xx clothing [/color]

For Mags (a family friend I have known my whole life)
-   Nightmare Before Christmas wallet/holder Based on this, but it would be better if it was to hold memory cards or money (or anything else you can think of) instead of tea. Actually, anything Nightmare Before Christmas related would be wonderful. It just cant be too large. Her son, his wife and their daughter are moving in with them, so they have gotten rid of a lot of knick knacks.
-   Plants vs Zombies Plush toy(s) like this
-   Plants vs Zombies Amigurumi(s) like this or like this
-   Plants vs Zombies Bracelet

For My Boyfriend Blue is his favorite color, he likes most colors (he is very artistic), no allergies. Old enough to have 4 kids in their 30s Smiley .
-   Robe He needs a long, warm robe for the winter. Something that will go to atleast his mid-calf  
-   Prince Valiant 2012 Calendar
-   Homemade Baked Goods Pies (he would love an apple one with a lattice top, any size, even a tiny one), bread, cookies. He loves baked goods and they are hard to find here.

For Gift Giving
-   Gift bags  I added some ideas to my Christmas pintrest. You can make them how ever you want, fabric, paper, your call.
-   Gift Tags

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011 05:06:03 PM by craftaddiction » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011 05:05:58 PM »

I claim craftaddiction for her dad: Stickers with Bob V and handmade soap
(1/0/0)

Hi all! I'm Mary Ann and live in Portland, OR, USA. I celebrate Christmas and have a couple of hard to give to people on my list. I have 3 nephews and they are typical boys--they love dinosaurs, tv, video games, superheroes, pirates, and trucks.

Anything I didn't list that you think might be good for one of my loved ones is appreciated! I'll try to add some stuff to my Pinterest.

Mom--She's the hardest one for gifts!
*She does like Southwest stuff (cactus, Kokipelli, adobe houses, pots) and wall art is always a good bet.
*She's an office manager, so maybe something to help keep her desk organized or to pretty it up? Smaller is better probably. She likes the color orange and those babies in flowers (Anne Geddes?).
*We travel as much as we can, so anything travel related is cool (travel accessories, or just something travel-ish that sounds fun)
*Table runner for a medium/small oval table (I can measure). Holiday related or good for year round.
*New valance for our living room or dining room. The Living room window is extremely large, the dining room one is normal sized. I can measure. Currently our entire house is dark green (carpets, tile, valances, most former decorations). We are wanting to change some stuff up, so other colors would be good (although if it still complements green, since we won't be re-doing the carpet or tile anytime soon)
*Some kind of centerpiece for the dining room table, holiday or year round themed. I have a cute rectangle clear glass vase I like but nothing clever to put in it. I'm the housecleaner and if I kept the dining table pretty, possibly I would keep it less cluttered, which would make mom super happy.
*Something referencing her 3 grandsons...silhoue ttes of 3 boys or something?
--No allergies

Brother (Joel)--He's really difficult too. He likes camping and his new dirt bike.
*Something for camping or fishing? Fishing lures?
*A winter hat in dark/manly colors
*He likes Poker
*Suggestions/ideas welcome
--No allergies

SIL (Sandora)--She's super girly and loves pink. She has 3 boys so she needs some girly stuff to surround herself with. She loves to color (in coloring books) and really appreciates those that are printed on nice paper. She loves coconut and pina colada anything and also toffee.
*Roll up cases (like for knitting needles) to hold her crayons, markers, and colored pencils. She has some large ones but some smaller ones for on the go would be good.
* Since her name is unusual, something with her name is fun! Sandora
*Anything red to decorate her kitchen (potholders, towels, dish clothswall art,) would be great.
*Reusable non-paper "paper towels"
*Any kind of wall art
*She's always cold, so a cuddly soft scarf, mittens, blanket, shawl would be great
*She loves Christmas decorations and could always use more ornaments, especially kinds that won't get destroyed with 3 boys and a new puppy.
*She likes to bake, so some kind of baking kit or cookie cutters or something like that.
*Anything a mom of 3 boys might like to pamper herself!
*She does like little cute things that sit on a shelf, she has two bookcases from Ikea and the upper shelves hold her breakable treasures. She likes fairies and other fun girly stuff.
--No allergies

Dad--He's getting old and he's not picky
*Picture frames are good, he's always wanting pictures of his kids/grandkids
*Anything for his house, he lives alone in a small apartment without much. Mugs or something?
*Reusable bags that are strong, he rides the bus and is always needing more bags to carry groceries, etc. A really plain or manly fabric would be good.
*If you make jam or anything edible he'll love it
*A winter hat (or two) would be good. He loses stuff so don't spend too much time on it! Grin
*Maybe a Bible cover? It doesn't matter what size, he probably has a Bible to fit it, or if he doesn't one of his favorite things is buying "new" ones at thrift shops. If it had a holder for his glasses that would be awesome.
--No allergies

Boyfriend (Matt)--He's a computer nerd and really into board games (we both are, but the good ones, European mostly).
*T-shirt (size L or XL if it runs small) with a fun quote relating to tv shows he likes, Starcraft, or board games that we play. I can supply some board game quotes.
*Something embroidered/quilted/whatever to hang on the wall featuring the Terran symbol from the game Starcraft/Starcraft 2.
*His apartment is pretty stark, so anything nerdy to decorate it is good (wall art, pillowcases for regular sized pillows). Any quote from Futurama or Arrested Development works.
*He loves hot sauce and does cook, so spices or anything like that works. He likes tea. A decorated mug would be nice.
*A winter hat. I made him one last year that he loved but he lost it. So don't put too much time into it Grin
--No allergies

Best Friend (Erin--She's a runner and also is cold a lot of the time. She loves blues and purples in the lavender/periwinkle range, as well as deep jewel blues and purples.)
*Purple/blue scarf. She doesn't wear hats.
*I'm making her a lap quilt (purples and blues), so a throw pillow (even just the cover) to go with it would be fun!
--No allergies

Good friend's first baby (Joshua)--He just turned 5 months and it would be fun to have some Christmas stuff for him. He's chunky, so I imagine by Christmas 12 mo clothes would be good.

Boyfriend's parents (Joan and Lewis...actually not sure how he spells that)--they are older but pretty active. Joan has a fun little garden and is really sweet. She is diabetic, so sugar free stuff is good. Lewis likes card games. They are pretty "green"
*Teas, spices, hot sauce, anything kitchen-y like that.
*Their house is pretty full/cluttered, so something more useful than decorative would be good.

Boyfriends Nephews and Niece--he has two nephews (9 and 2) and once niece (7)
*Small things that kids might like. Educational would probably be good, their parents are really into organic/natural stuff.
*They like games

My Nephews (Dane, 7 1/2, Aidan 6, Tristan 3 1/2)
*They love superheroes, especially Spiderman, Batman, and the Incredible Hulk (or as they call him "Hulk Smash")
*They adore anything they can hang on their walls, so posters, artwork, etc. If you ever find any little pull out posters in magazines or little ones they give away at movie theaters those are great to throw in!
*Organizational things, like belts they can hang toys on, or containers to put their cars, toys, small treasures in
*Dress up stuff, especially capes/belts/hats and superhero, ninja, or pirate wear.
*Winter hats/scarves/mittens in boyish colors. Blue is always a winner.
*They love clothes. They fit into pretty standard size clothing for their ages, except Dane is tall and thin for his age (pants are always too short and fall down on him) and Tristan is tall for his age. T-shirts would be fabulous, Sevsonlygirl made some for them several years ago and the little guy is still wearing them all.
*For some reason they love headbands (like sweat bands). I think they think they are karate masters or something when they wear them. Decorated ones would probably put them over the top.
*Decorated, standard size pillow cases would be wonderful, they would love those!
Dane--He's the video game prince, he loves Sonic and Mario
Aidan--He's my crafty boy, loves notepads, activity pads, games, but most especially puzzles. He'll sit and do the same puzzle over and over for hours
Tristan--He still likes cuddly things, but he's always trying to keep up with the big boys. He really likes Ponyo and some awful Dragon show that I'm trying to remember the name to. Dragon Tales? New things are great for him because he gets so many-hand me-downs.

Nephews' new puppy (Lola)
* Puppy treats or toys!
* A blanket just for her
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011 01:21:42 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011 06:59:58 PM »

I claim TroubleT for crocheted dishcloths for her mom.
I claim Mare Mare for a crocheted scarf and wrist warmers for her SIL!
(2,0,0)

Hi!  My name is Barbara (a.k.a.-"Miss Barbara") and I live in Long Island, NY with my DH and three kids:  17 year old son, 9 year old daughter, and 7 year old daughter.  We celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah in our house; DH and son also have birthdays around the holidays as well!

*We have SLIGHT allergies in our house.  I can receive from someone who has pets as long as the pets are kept away from the craft and supplies.  No partners who smoke or who have smokers in the house, please.  Thanks!*

The gifts I have listed are going to my girls' numerous teachers (i.e.-regular school, Hebrew School, before and after school care), my co-workers, and some friends.  NO COLOR PREFERENCE/NO STYLE PREFERENCE/NO THEME PREFERENCE for any of the items, unless otherwise specified.  Have fun!

SOAP:
-Bath soaps, bath bombs, etc...  (My children would like these as well!  Son likes the scented ones, the girls would like the ones in fun shapes, please.)

SEWN:
-Bookmarks
-Key fobs
-Tea wallets
-Coasters
-Mug rugs
-Non-religious ornaments (I'm thinking a general 'winter' theme would be great!)
-Simple tote bags
-Reusuable gift bags

PAPERCRAFT:
-Bookmarks
-Journals
-Gift tags(Thanks, kartiana!)(I can use a lot of these, so I'm going to leave it up.)
-Cards (Again, a general 'winter' theme would be great!)(Thanks, kartiana!)(I can use a lot of these, so I'm going to leave it up.)

JEWELRY:
-Any bracelet, necklace, pin, or ring you would like to create!

*If you have an idea for something you'd like to make, and it's not on the list, please PM me!  I am looking for "generic" gifts that don't need to be personalized.  Thanks!*
___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _________

FOR MY BEST FRIEND:
-I just found out tonight that she had a stroke last Saturday, and will be spending some time in rehab.  She's a young woman, only 38.  I would very much appreciate anything that anyone would like to make her that she could enjoy while in rehab.  Her favorite color is lime green.  Her feet are always cold (she is only 4'11", so she has tiny feet). I've not had any experience with someone in rehab, so if you can think of something you think she could use, please PM me and we'll talk.
-Something 'Tetris' themed
-Something 'Beeker' themed (from 'The Muppet Show')

FOR MY OTHER BEST FRIEND:
-Jewelry of any kind that has purple in it
-Something for her to store her jewelry in that has purple in it (She is such a giving and thoughtful person; she deserves something special.)

FOR A DIFFERENT FRIEND:
-Crochet hook roll in some shade of blue (I work with her on Friday nights, and we inspire each other to be creative!)

FOR MY SON:
-A glass/set of glasses with the 'Teeny Little Super Guy' on them (My son was a preemie and I used to sing him this song all the time!)
-Anything 'penguin' themed

FOR MY 9 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER:
-Anything 'animal/reptile/amphibian' related
-Some sort of veternarian play set??  (She wants to be a vet when she grows up.)

FOR MY 7 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER:
-Anything 'princess' related
-Anything 'dress-up' related
-Decorated headbands

FOR MY HUSBAND:
-Anything 'squirrel' related
-Anything 'bug' related (He's an exterminator.)(Thank you jessicachantal!)(I am going to leave this up here, please feel free to claim DH again!)
-Anything 'Domo' related (We're all obsessed with Domo!)
-Anything 'Buddha' related

FOR MY GRANDMA YOLANDA:
-A fancy/nifty/cool pincushion in some shade of green (It's her favorite color.)  (I'm a teacher and we have 'foster' grandparents in some of the classrooms in my school.  Grandma Yolanda and I were together for about three years, and we've become very good friends and she is a special person to me.  She is also a terrific seamstress!)
-Some type of fancy/cool/nifty covered tape measure.  (As I mentioned before, she is a terrific seamstress, she likes to cook, work with children, etc...)
-A thread catcher thingy (Again, in some shade of green, please.)
-Anything to do with elephants.

FOR MY CLASSROOM:
-A set of VERY STURDILY MADE pom-poms for use in movement and color recognition activities with my preschoolers.  (In every color of the rainbow, please-including brown, grey, and white.)

(I cannot take or post photos, so if you claim me, please take and post photos!  Thank you so much!)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011 07:56:01 PM by Miss Barbara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011 09:31:48 AM »

I claim Miss Barbara for some cards and gift tags  Smiley
(1,0,0)

Hello, Im Reinikka from Southern California. Im really excited to start collecting handmade gifts for my friends and family! Please include your business tag and/or business card with anything you make (even a tag that says Handcrafted by: Your Name would be nice). You dont have to worry about allergies, but I would appreciate no smoke/dirty smells on anything.

Sewn / Embroidery Items
~ Tea wallet ~ for my mom  ~ She likes burgundy and purple, blue would also work but she would probably be happy with any color/pattern, just stay away from childish prints and bright pink ~ No allergies
~ Coffee mug cozy ~ for my grandma ~ The kind that goes around a coffee mug and through the handle, a few yarn examples on this pin board but I imagine these could also be sewn: http://pinterest.com/reinikka/crafty-gift-ideas/ ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, reindeer themed  ~ for my mom ~ Not cutesy, she likes deer silhouettes similar to these: http://www.boxcoindustries.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=229&products_id=1201 and http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photos-reindeer-silhouette-image7725843 and http://www.acclaimimages.com/photos-images/silhouette_of_a_reindeer.html ~ No allergies
~ Bathroom hand  towels, frog themed  ~ for my mom ~ She collects frogs and has them all over in one bathroom so I think a few froggy hand towels would be cute. Green, light blue, or white/cream ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, Mary Engelbreit themed/inspired  ~ for my mom ~ anything inspired by Mary Engelbreits art  ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, Jewish themed  ~ for my mom ~ Shes not really Jewish, but she pretends to be anyway. Maybe a Star of David, Menorah, Dreidel, etc~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, rooster themed  ~ for my mom-in-law ~ She collects any and all roosters, so have fun! ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, snowman themed  ~ for my mom-in-law ~ She collects snowmen for Xmas decorating ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, farm/tractor themed ~ for my uncle-in-law ~ he lives in the country with his cows ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen / Bathroom hand towels, Finland themed  ~ for other family members ~ Maybe a Finland flag? or Finnish saying/words (PM me for ideas if you need any)? ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen / Bathroom hand towels, Winter themed  ~ for other family members ~ Christmas themed is fine too, just nothing too religious. Im thinking Santa, Xmas trees, Presents, etc ~ No allergies
~ Oven mitt, farm/tractor themed ~ for my uncle-in-law ~ he lives in the country with his cows, every Christmas he bakes us a batch of yummy bread and homemade jam ~ No allergies
~ Reusable produce bags ~ for my mom ~ any color (as long as you can see whats inside) and a variety of sizes would be great ~ No allergies
~ Tote / Project bag, Mary Engelbreit themed/inspired  ~ for my mom ~ anything inspired by Mary Engelbreits art  ~ No allergies
~ Tote / Book bag, role play/nerd themed ~ for my husband ~ to carry around his RPG books, has to be strong/durable, maybe made out of canvas or denim? Anything with RPG/nerdy references would be great, I can provide some quotes if needed ~ No allergies
~ Reusable gift bags ~ for anyone and everyone on my list ~ Any color/theme (a few Christian ones would be nice along with a few Jewish ones), variety of sizes would be great but Id rather have them too big then too small ~ No allergies
~ D20 dice bag ~ for my husband ~ His fav colors are green and blue, but I think black,  white, or red  would also be nifty for this, example and tutorial: http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/d20bag]http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/d20bag]http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/d20bag (PM me if you have other color ideas) ~ No allergies

Yarny Items  (Natural fibers only please)
~ Nice washcloths ~ to add as an extra for family/friends ~ any color but would really like some whites & creams and softer colors (light blue, mint green, etc) ~ No allergies
~ Coffee mug cozy ~ for my grandma ~ The kind that goes around a coffee mug and through the handle, a few examples on this pin board: http://pinterest.com/reinikka/crafty-gift-ideas/ (could also be sewn)~ No allergies

Jewelry / Ornaments / Similar Crafts
~ Beaded bookmarks ~ for my grandma, aunt, and mom-in-law ~ No color preference (maybe purples, silver, black light blue?), these examples are for type only, not content/colors: http://www.etsy.com/shop/WrappedToPerfection?section_id=6578386 (metal thingy that goes in book + beading that hangs outside) and/or http://www.etsy.com/listing/79907852/pretty-and-practical-royal-blue-polka (ribbon that goes inside + beading on one or both ends) ~ No allergies
~ Jewish themed ornaments  ~ for my mom ~ Shes not really Jewish, but she pretends to be. Maybe a Star of David, Menorah, Dreidel, etc~ No allergies
~ Finnish themed ornaments ~ for family ~ Would love some holiday sayings like "Hauskaa Joulua" (Merry Christmas) or a Joulupukki (Santa) ornament ~ No allergies
~ Winnie the Pooh themed ornaments ~ for my step-mom ~ She loves any and all things Winnie the Pooh related ~ No allergies
~ Salt shaker ornament ~ for my dad ~ We have a running joke about his love of salt, this can be classy or funny and you can include the pepper shaker if you want to ~ No allergies

Other Crafts
~ Hand spun/died yarn, natural fibers ~ for my mom ~ just one or two of these since she has a massive stash already (that she is trying to thin down), I really think she would like some though so even though she doesnt need it Im gonna take the risk that she might like some. Any color, but would especially love some purples ~ No allergies
~ Handmade candles ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s) ~ No allergies
~ Teacup Candle  ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s), any nice/fancy cup ~ No allergies
~ Handmade soap ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s), I have a few people with sensitive skin on my list, so would love some made with this in mind ~ No allergies
~ Bath salts / bombs / soaks / etc ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s) ~ No allergies
~ Containers for cookies, looking for at least 5 ~ I have been requested to bake some holiday cookies and I would love something creative to put them in, nice tin, decorated jar, etc ~ No allergies but must be safe for food
~ Flower bombs (with instructions) ~ for my aunt-in-law ~ she lives near Seattle Washington, I dont know what type of flowers grow best there. She is an avid gardener and I think shed get a kick out of them ~ No allergies
~ Bigfoot themed ATCs ~ for my husband ~ Im having a hard time thinking of things for him, but I know he likes all the Bigfoot ATCs Ive received so far so a few more would be nice ~ No allergies
~ Dr Who wall art, Bow ties are cool ~ for my husband ~ Im up for other Dr Who ideas, but please PM me to discuss first ~ No allergies

~ Anything not listed but you feel inspired to make ~ I would love to hear other ideas, but please PM me first just to be sure
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
SMLounsbury
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011 10:26:15 AM »

I'm claiming kartiana for some embroidered towels.  I'm embroidering stuff for disney for my kids, so I can get some towels done.  Smiley

Okay, so I said I was organizing only but I am compelled to claim.  ; )  I am Stacey from Baltimore, MD.  I tried to be as specific as possible with my list so hopefully that helps.  Yay for holidays!

For my sister (no allergies except one to being nice...but you cant really get around that)
* A "Family" sign.  Something like this would be amazing http://www.etsy.com/listing/63165455/family-personalized-letter-sign-includes
*A diaper bag in brown and pink.  Preferably modern and well made.  Shes a total pain in the butt, so I have to be careful with what I give her.
*A Last name sign for their living room that says "The Holland's, Established 2009"

For my niece.  She is one and really has no interests.  
*Altered wall art letters spelling Emily Pastels and florals work.
*A cute Christmassy dress.  Size 12-18 months.
*A crocheted or knitted cardigan.  Size 18 months.  

For my nephew
*Thomas the train blanket
*Altered wall art letters spelling Alex in transportation theme or primary colors

For my teenage niece.  Shes into skulls, hard rock, etc.  Not outwardly girl, but still likes things like Hello Kitty
* Messenger bag that would carry her college books
* Altered journal
*Crocheted slouch hat in a neutral color

For my mother
*Huge, Ridiculous Wish* Lapghan for my mom granny florals and sage green would match her living room...  Anyway, shes always cold at night and something to put on her lap while she crochets at night would rock.  This one is beautiful http://www.etsy.com/listing/39090939/lap-quilt-peppermint-candies

For my six year old daughter.  She is the epitome of girly.  Smoke allergy.
*Knitted Owl fingerless gloves in pink
*Clothes that fit an American Girl Doll
*American Girl accessories (hangers would rock so bad!)
* Something like this with an O for Olivia http://www.etsy.com/listing/66541585/little-dancer-sterling-hand-stamped  
*Cute lounge pants, size 6

For my nine year old son.  He loves Star Wars.  Smoke Allergy
*Star Wars artwork for his wall
*Knit or crocheted scarf in argyle or something masculine.  Hes really sensitive about things being too girly.
*Star wars lounge pants, size 8/10
*Flannel lounge pants

For my two year old daughter.  She is just pure rotten.  Smoke allergy.
*Clothes that would fit American Girls Bitty Baby
*Knitted cardigan size 24 months

For teachers:
* Something similar to this stamped pendant for the kids teachers would be wonderful http://www.etsy.com/listing/62335201/making-a-difference-pendant-by-the-sea
*Something like this with an A for Alaina (Livs teacher) http://www.etsy.com/listing/66541585/little-dancer-sterling-hand-stamped  

For friends:
*A shirt with this phrase on it in a fitted shirt, long sleeve or short sleeve with this phrase According to my calculations, the problem doesnt exist Size XS
*A shirt with When I grow up, I want to be an Accountant in adult size XS in a fitted shirt
*A calculator keychain like this http://www.etsy.com/listing/68234546/calculator-weapon-of-choice-stamped?ref=sc_1

For Husband:
*knitted hat grey would be wonderful.  I crocheted him one but it just doesnt look good on him.
*Knitted scarf the plainer the better.  Something in grey would be fantastic

General gift related things
* 3 Holiday appropriate draw string bags.  These are going to hold Disney ornaments from WDW.  I need these to be at least 6x6.  
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011 12:01:13 PM by SMLounsbury » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011 03:57:11 PM »

I will claim SMLounsbury for Star Wars wall art for her son.
(1,0,0)

Any craft medium
Ornaments- any medium, colorful, sparkly, whatever!  These do not have to be holiday themed like snow or santa etc
Something jagermeister or bud lite related for boyfriend
Coasters
trivets

Cloth/sewing/crochet/knitting/embroidery
Mug rugs or cozies
Paperback book covers
Kitchen or decorative towels and wash cloths-does not have to be winter themed so they can use them year round.
Wall art or decoration army related. We lost my nephew so if it could be personalized that would be so great. I would like something for my parents and my sister.
Make up bags-fun prints/styles for sisters and nieces (both in their 20s)
Scented sachets for hanging or drawers-fruity or clean scents
Bath mitts or poufs-adults (for men too!) and one for a boy and one for a girl
Pillow cases- tool theme(not for a child), fun print in birds/owls, any batik or unisex print for either male or female
Socks- okay these are for meI wear a size 7 shoe. I have been trying to get some cozy socks since I have been on craftster  haha
Embroidery-Okay one more for me. Something similar this with Beth + Sam on it.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62911726/custom-heart-tree-print-wall-art?ref=sr_gallery_2&ga_search_query=embroidery&ga_noautofacet=1&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade%2Fhousewares%2Fwall_decor

Food goodies
Canned jams, spreads, pickles etc
Coffee beans whole or ground-I have never tried roasting my own but I am sure my parents would love some home roasted beans!
Dog treats-Almost everyone in my family has a dog and my pals do too

Bath & body
Soaps-fruity, treat scents, nothing spicy or overpowering like patchouli
Lotions-small bottles-same scents as above for gift bags
Massage bars
Sugar scrubs

Anything from my pinterest
http://pinterest.com/sweetyetevil/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011 04:44:42 PM »

I claim sweetyetvil for some mug rugs

I claim jessicachantel for a first christmas outfit for Ethan
(1,0,0)

Hi
Im Leigh-Ann, and I live in Florida with my parents, and my 4yr old son Levi.  We are vegetarian, try to live green and love to travel.  Several people in my family are very allergic to smoke, so please dont claim me if anyone in your home smokes.

Thanks!

For Levi:
We do not do TV, so no TV/movie related stuff, he loves books, cooking anything purple, riding his bike, swimming... he is homeschooled...he has a ton of food allergies and is allergic to anything artificial (scents, soaps, dyes etc).  We also try to stick with gender neutral stuff (i.e. nothing that screams BOY, something youd give to a boy or a girl).  We do not need any more matching games!  Thanks!

- small dolls, doll house size.  They can be little people, gnomes, represent different jobs (police officer, clown, ballerina, etc)

- baby doll, one that looks like a baby

- ramp of some sort to roll stuff down, maybe made from wood

- a fun hook to hang his bath towel on, something colorful and beachy/ocean theme (a fish maybe?)

- wooden blocks made from tree branches, the kind with bark still on in natural shapes.  Like these: http://www.threesisterstoys.com/p-1181-tree-branch-blocks.aspx

- cooking stuff in kids size, like small-ish fun shaped pans, cookie cutters, little rolling pin, a small colander, etc.  Stuff that can actually be used.

- stocking stuffers, I never know what to get for him for this, so anything you can think of!

- knit or crochet sweater, either button down or a hoodie style.  Soft yarn thats washable!  (purple would be great, or a varigated with purple in it, or another fun bright color combo like rainbow or sunset inspired colors).  4T ish size, Id rather have it big so it lasts him a while.  I LOVE this one: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/1366372

-homeschool stuff, anything you can think of, especially math related.  Kindergarden level or harder.   Montessori/waldorf stuff appreciated too!

- handmade clothes for Levi, size will depend on what weather you are making it for!  We use summer stuff for most of the year.  Lots of ideas on my wists, but I love any handmade clothing, he wears all kinds of different styles.  (the only exception is no 'character' themes, and no overly "boy" themes like trucks/bugs/police cars/sports)

- gymnastics theme shirt

- gymnastics leotard (boys leotard) SO hard to find!

- dyed playsilks, rainbow colors any sizes, a giant one would be awesome though

- undyed or dyed OVB, ocean colors, sunset colors, or rainbow colors.  Or solids.  Any amounts, I have a variety of things I plan on making him with this.

- set of cloth wipes, would love velour on one side of possible but not absolutely necessary.  Bathroom is ocean theme so anything to match that, or bright colors in solids/stripes/dots would work too.  

For my mom:
My mom loves gardening and hiking.  Her colors are brown, neutrals, turquoise, rust.  

-garden markers for the garden, to mark which plant is which

- other gardening stuff, maybe fun pots or a cool watering can or something, whatever you can think of!

-set of un-paper towels for the kitchen (kitchen is sorta florida theme - palm trees and whatnot.  Also have some rust/terra-cotta red.   Not super picky on colors for this but prefer no white because it looks dirty fast)

- ceramic or glass trivets

My Dad:
Travels a TON, likes wine, the outdoors.  He likes "the big bang theory" Favorite color is red.

- wine bottle holders, I made him a bunch of super simple ones, so maybe some a little fancier just for fun

-travel related stuff, for a seasoned international traveler. Maybe a dop-kit, things to organize stuff for packing in the suitcase, and?

-"Sheldon" shirts from the big bang theory, stuff he wears in the show.  Men's large (medium works too if they run on the larger side)

I have no idea what else - anyone have good ideas for a guy???

Grammy:
She likes to garden and bake, LOVES her dog and her great-grandson (Levi), she likes typical old lady colors/prints, florals, pastels, white/off white, that kind of thing.

-Fun pillows for her couch, her couch is very sad looking.  One with a silhouette of Levi on it would be awesome.  
-Anything that can hold a picture of Levi

-Anything to keep her warm, especially her hands and feet.  Anything for her feet needs to be very easy to put on and be non-slip

-gardening related stuff

-sweater that is a solid white, (sewn or knit/crochet), can be zip up or pull over.  She is TINY, wears a small/petite, she is like 80lbs and under 5 tall.  

My Sister (Shawn)
She likes to exercise, travel, is a college student trying to be a lawyer, likes colors/prints that are in fashion right now (I have no clue what that is!)

- trendy clothes, tops probably would be best.  Sized on the smaller end of medium or a size small (she is 54, probably around 115, size 3-5 for bottoms)

-school related stuff. She is always studying, on her Iphone or laptop, doing stuff for school.  

- make up bag - fun modern print (I dont wear make-up myself so Im not sure about different styles, whatever you think best for a 22yr old!)

My sisters boyfriend Tyler:

soft sole shoes (like the robeeze style baby shoes but much bigger!), I think he wears a size 10-11 in mens, but I will double check.  A dragon on each shoe, one shoe themed Fire (reds/yellows) and the other themed Ice (blues/whites).   Yes I know this is totally random.   (based on the dueling dragons rollercoaster at universal, now a harry potter ride)

Dog (Berkshire)
Berkshire is a chocolate lab/boarder collie, and is like 90 something pounds.  

- color/leash set in a girly color, purple maybe (she doesn't have a favorite color, just something to designate her as a girl, because everyone thinks she is a boy)

-indestructible dog toys that float.  she loves to swim!  Nothing with a squeak, she will kill it.

- dog backpack thing for her to carry her water, poop bags, treats  - for hiking.  Dirt hiding color.  

Other general:
- fabric, low-loft quilt batting, and sewing supplies -   I need fabric for various charity projects I do for the holidays one is making quilts.  So I need lots of fun kid friendly fabric (including prints/neutrals), thread and low-loft batting.

- re-usable gift bags in holiday prints and non-holiday fabrics, all sizes

- stocking stuffers for everyone - cooking/baking/grilling stuff, crochet bath poof things, chapsticks with natural flavor/scent, and anything else fun!  

- pot holders, we need some for our house, the vacation house and grammy.  Ours are all random ones, so anything fun you want to do is fine for this (go ahead and use up your scraps!)

I would also love small gifts for Levi's little friends, aged 2-6yrs old, something little just to give them with Levi's christmas cards.

Gifts for people at church - I have a 7yr old who is legally blind, a 13yr old with severe autism, 2yr old, 5yr old, a 6yr old, and 3 older kids (aged 8-12).  No ideas for this crowd!  

Stuff from my wists:

www.wists.com/leighi123
Most of it is stuff for Levi or for other people, so lots of cool things I can use for gifts on there.  Also gives you a good idea of the colors/style I like (especially for Levi!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011 05:05:13 PM »

I claim leighi123 for garden markers or something school related for her sister (just in case my garden marker plan doesn't work out)
(2,0,0)

Hello, Im Reinikka from Southern California. Im really excited to start collecting handmade gifts for my friends and family! Please include your business tag and/or business card with anything you make (even a tag that says Handcrafted by: Your Name would be nice). You dont have to worry about allergies, but I would appreciate no smoke/dirty smells on anything.

Sewn / Embroidery Items
~ Tea wallet ~ for my mom ~ She likes burgundy and purple, blue would also work but she would probably be happy with any color/pattern, just stay away from childish prints and bright pink ~ No allergies
~ Coffee mug cozy ~ for my grandma ~ The kind that goes around a coffee mug and through the handle, a few yarn examples on this pin board but I imagine these could also be sewn: http://pinterest.com/reinikka/crafty-gift-ideas/ ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, reindeer themed  ~ for my mom ~ Not cartoony, she likes deer silhouettes similar to these: http://www.boxcoindustries.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=229&products_id=1201 and http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photos-reindeer-silhouette-image7725843 and http://www.acclaimimages.com/photos-images/silhouette_of_a_reindeer.html ~ No allergies
~ Bathroom hand  towels, frog themed  ~ for my mom ~ She collects frogs and has them all over in one bathroom so I think a few froggy hand towels would be cute. Green, light blue, or white/cream ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, Mary Engelbreit themed/inspired  ~ for my mom ~ anything inspired by Mary Engelbreits art  ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, Jewish themed  ~ for my mom ~ Shes not really Jewish, but she pretends to be anyway. Maybe a Star of David, Menorah, Dreidel, etc~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, rooster themed  ~ for my mom-in-law ~ She collects any and all roosters, so have fun! ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, snowman themed  ~ for my mom-in-law ~ She collects snowmen for Xmas decorating ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, farm/tractor themed ~ for my uncle-in-law ~ he lives in the country with his cows ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen / Bathroom hand towels, Finland themed  ~ for other family members ~ Maybe a Finland flag? or Finnish saying/words (PM me for ideas if you need any)? ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen / Bathroom hand towels, Winter themed  ~ for other family members ~ Christmas themed is fine too, just nothing too religious. Im thinking Santa, Xmas trees, Presents, etc ~ No allergies
~ Oven mitt, farm/tractor themed ~ for my uncle-in-law ~ he lives in the country with his cows, every Christmas he bakes us a batch of yummy bread and homemade jam ~ No allergies
~ Reusable produce bags ~ for my mom ~ any color (as long as you can see whats inside) and a variety of sizes would be great ~ No allergies
~ Tote / Project bag, Mary Engelbreit themed/inspired  ~ for my mom ~ anything inspired by Mary Engelbreits art  ~ No allergies
~ Tote / Book bag, role play/nerd themed ~ for my husband ~ to carry around his RPG books, has to be strong/durable, maybe made out of canvas or denim? Anything with RPG/nerdy references would be great, I can provide some quotes if needed ~ No allergies
~ Reusable gift bags ~ for anyone and everyone on my list ~ Any color/theme (a few Christian ones would be nice along with a few Jewish ones), variety of sizes would be great but Id rather have them too big then too small ~ No allergies
~ D20 dice bag ~ for my husband ~ His fav colors are green and blue, but I think black,  white, or red  would also be nifty for this, example and tutorial: http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/d20bag (PM me if you have other color ideas) ~ No allergies
~ Cold bandannas/wraps (the kind with thingies inside that hold cold/heat, or the kind you soak in water and keep cool) ~ for my husband ~ Any colors will do for this, but I would really love something in a cow print ~ No allergies

Yarny Items  (Natural fibers only please)
~ Nice washcloths ~ to add as an extra for family/friends ~ any color but would really like some whites & creams and softer colors (light blue, mint green, etc) ~ No allergies
~ Coffee mug cozy ~ for my grandma ~ The kind that goes around a coffee mug and through the handle, a few examples on this pin board: http://pinterest.com/reinikka/crafty-gift-ideas/ (could also be sewn)~ No allergies

Jewelry / Ornaments / Similar Crafts
~ Beaded bookmarks ~ for my grandma, aunt, and mom-in-law ~ No color preference (maybe purples, silver, black light blue?), these examples are for type only, not content/colors: http://www.etsy.com/shop/WrappedToPerfection?section_id=6578386 (metal thingy that goes in book + beading that hangs outside) and/or http://www.etsy.com/listing/79907852/pretty-and-practical-royal-blue-polka (ribbon that goes inside + beading on one or both ends) ~ No allergies
~ Jewish themed ornaments  ~ for my mom ~ Shes not really Jewish, but she pretends to be. Maybe a Star of David, Menorah, Dreidel, etc~ No allergies
~ Finnish themed ornaments ~ for family ~ Would love some holiday sayings like "Hauskaa Joulua" (Merry Christmas) or a Joulupukki (Santa) ornament ~ No allergies
~ Winnie the Pooh themed ornaments ~ for my step-mom ~ She loves any and all things Winnie the Pooh related ~ No allergies
~ Salt shaker ornament ~ for my dad ~ We have a running joke about his love of salt, this can be classy or funny and you can include the pepper shaker if you want to ~ No allergies

Other Crafts
~ Hand spun/died yarn, natural fibers ~ for my mom ~ just one or two of these since she has a massive stash already (that she is trying to thin down), I really think she would like some though so even though she doesnt need it Im gonna take the risk that she might like some. Any color, but would especially love some purples ~ No allergies
~ Handmade candles ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s) ~ No allergies
~ Teacup Candle  ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s), any nice/fancy cup. example and tutorial: http://www.marthastewart.com/273016/teacup-lights?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/gifts-for-her#slide_34 ~ No allergies
~ Handmade soap ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s), I have a few people with sensitive skin on my list, so would love some made with this in mind ~ No allergies
~ Bath salts / bombs / soaks / etc ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s) ~ No allergies
~ Bath tea bags ~  for family/friends ~ any scent(s), here is a cute tutorial: http://radmegan.blogspot.com/2011/04/stressful-times-call-for-bathtub-tea.html ~ No allergies
~ Containers for cookies, looking for at least 5 ~ I have been requested to bake some holiday cookies and I would love something creative to put them in, nice tin, decorated jar, etc ~ No allergies but must be safe for food
~ Flower bombs (with instructions) ~ for my aunt-in-law ~ she lives near Seattle Washington, I dont know what type of flowers grow best there. She is an avid gardener and I think shed get a kick out of them ~ No allergies
~ Bigfoot themed ATCs ~ for my husband ~ Im having a hard time thinking of things for him, but I know he likes all the Bigfoot ATCs Ive received so far so a few more would be nice ~ No allergies
~ Dr Who wall art, Bow ties are cool ~ for my husband ~ Im up for other Dr Who ideas, but please PM me to discuss first ~ No allergies
~ NEW Set of coasters, TV & Movie themed any craft type ~ for my husband ~ Dr. Who, Torchwood, Ghost Busters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (80's/90's version), Firefly/Serenity, and I can provide more upon request. ~ No allergies
~ NEW Set of coasters, beverage themed any craft type ~ for my husband ~ he loves Widmer Brothers brewery, Dechutes Brewery, Dr. Pepper, Mt. Dew, Orange soda, and Root beer (I also like the Dechutes Brewery beers if you want to make something I'd like too  Wink ) ~ No allergies

~ Anything not listed but you feel inspired to make ~ I would love to hear other ideas, but please PM me first just to be sure
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011 05:55:40 PM by kartiana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Ways to Stretch Your Shoes at Home
5 Ways To Wear High Waisted Denim Shorts
Something New: Bridal Shoes By Brian Atwood
The Trick To Getting Rid Of Armpit Stains
How To Conceal Tan Lines
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...