A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Holiday List Swap Round 1 (sign ups 8/18 through 9/17)  (Read 15951 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweety28303
"She is Dangerous, She is Dangerous, I'm sure."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2011 05:57:38 PM »

I Claim jessicachantel for crochet supplies!
2nd claim, 1 sent, 0 recieved

Im Jolena. Im 23 Years Old And I Have A Super Huge Family. = ] I Live In Fayetteville, North Carolina.

My Oldest Sister:
Shes 38. Her Favorite Color Is Blue And Shes Absolutely In Love With Tinkerbell. Her Goal Is To Start A Cupcake Business.
-An Apron Or Oven Mittens.
-A Tinkerbell Charm Bracelet.
- Cupcake Decorating Kit.
- Ipod Holder

My Middle Sister:
Shes 36. I Always Call Her A Handy Man. If You Cant Fix It Then Thats The Person You Can. She Has A Different Sense Of Style. Her Kitchen Theme Is Apples. She Has Really Long Thick Dreads.
Allergies-She Cant Wear Anything Gold. It Gives Her Alligator Skin.
-Hanging Towels For Her Kitchen.
-A Hoopla With Apples On It.
-T-Shirt With Funny Saying On It.. PM For Size.
-Slouchy Hat. She Has Long Dreads So It'll Have To Be Deep.

My Aunt Michelle:
-Humming Bird Wall-Art.
-A Purse, She Love Big Purses.
-This Is Huge But A Quilt
-Any Kind Of Hat. She Wears Alot Of Deep Reds And Black.
-Bracelets.. She Loves Bangles And Charm Bracelets.
-Handmade Soaps.

My Aunt Ellise:
-She's Been Really Wanting A Denim Purse
-Mug Rug
-Coasters
-I'm Working On A Granny Daughter Blanket, So Granny Daughters Will Be Useful And Appreciated.

For My Close Cousins:
Jacob- He Just Turned One And He's So Cute! I Call Him My Little Tonka Truck. I'd Love A Tonka Truck Stuffie For Him
Syd- She's 16. Her Favorite Color Is Red. She LOVES Jewelry.. Earrings, Necklace, Rings.
Mason- He's Due December 19th. So Any Baby Stuff Is Appreciated.

I'll Update My List If Needed.
Thanks In Advance.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011 02:16:28 PM by sweety28303 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Any quilters interested in a personal swap?
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2011 09:54:40 PM »

I claim sweety28303 for a mug rug for her Aunt Ellise and some coasters.

This is my third claim.
(3/0/1)
(total claims made/claims in transit/claims received)

Hi all! I'm Mary Ann and live in Portland, OR, USA. I celebrate Christmas and have a couple of hard-to-give-to people on my list. I have 3 nephews and they are typical boys--they love dinosaurs, tv, video games, superheroes, pirates, and trucks.

Anything I didn't list that you think might be good for one of my loved ones is appreciated! I'll try to add some stuff to my Pinterest.

Mom--She's the hardest one for gifts!
*She does like Southwest stuff (cactus, Kokipelli, adobe houses, pots) and wall art is always a good bet.
*She's an office manager, so maybe something to help keep her desk organized or to pretty it up? Smaller is better probably. She likes the color orange and those babies in flowers (Anne Geddes?).
*We travel as much as we can, so anything travel related is cool (travel accessories, or just something travel-ish that sounds fun)
*Table runner for a medium/small oval table (I can measure). Holiday related or good for year round.
*New valance for our living room or dining room. The Living room window is extremely large, the dining room one is normal sized. I can measure. Currently our entire house is dark green (carpets, tile, valances, most former decorations). We are wanting to change some stuff up, so other colors would be good (although if it still complements green, since we won't be re-doing the carpet or tile anytime soon)
*Some kind of centerpiece for the dining room table, holiday or year round themed. I have a cute rectangle clear glass vase I like but nothing clever to put in it. I'm the housecleaner and if I kept the dining table pretty, possibly I would keep it less cluttered, which would make mom super happy.
*Something referencing her 3 grandsons...silhoue ttes of 3 boys or something?
--No allergies

Brother (Joel)--He's really difficult too. He likes camping and his new dirt bike.
*Something for camping or fishing? Fishing lures?
*A winter hat in dark/manly colors
--No allergies

I would prefer to get some gifts for someone else on my list since I have two for sil now. But if I can't get any claims for anybody else then please claim for her Cheesy
SIL (Sandora)--She's super girly and loves pink. She has 3 boys so she needs some girly stuff to surround herself with. She loves to color (in coloring books) and really appreciates those that are printed on nice paper. She loves coconut and pina colada anything and also toffee.
*Roll up cases (like for knitting needles) to hold her crayons, markers, and colored pencils. She has some large ones but some smaller ones for on the go would be good.
* Since her name is unusual, something with her name is fun! Sandora Thanks hautedogclothing!
*Anything red to decorate her kitchen (potholders, towels, dish clothswall art,) would be great.
*Reusable non-paper "paper towels"
*Any kind of wall art
*She's always cold, so a cuddly soft scarf, mittens, blanket, shawl would be great (Thank you Miss Barbara for scarf and arm warmers!)
*She loves Christmas decorations and could always use more ornaments, especially kinds that won't get destroyed with 3 boys and a new puppy.
*She likes to bake, so some kind of baking kit or cookie cutters or something like that.
*Anything a mom of 3 boys might like to pamper herself!
*She does like little cute things that sit on a shelf, she has two bookcases from Ikea and the upper shelves hold her breakable treasures. She likes fairies and other fun girly stuff.
--No allergies

Dad--He's getting old and he's not picky
*Picture frames are good, he's always wanting pictures of his kids/grandkids
*Anything for his house, he lives alone in a small apartment without much. Mugs or something?
*Reusable bags that are strong, he rides the bus and is always needing more bags to carry groceries, etc. A really plain or manly fabric would be good.
*If you make jam or anything edible he'll love it
*A winter hat (or two) would be good. He loses stuff so don't spend too much time on it! Grin
*Maybe a Bible cover? It doesn't matter what size, he probably has a Bible to fit it, or if he doesn't one of his favorite things is buying "new" ones at thrift shops. If it had a holder for his glasses that would be awesome.
--No allergies

Boyfriend (Matt)--He's a computer nerd and really into board games (we both are, but the good ones, European mostly).
*T-shirt (size L or XL if it runs small) with a fun quote relating to tv shows he likes, Starcraft, or board games that we play. I can supply some board game quotes.
*Something embroidered/quilted/whatever to hang on the wall featuring the Terran symbol from the game Starcraft/Starcraft 2.
*His apartment is pretty stark, so anything nerdy to decorate it is good (wall art, pillowcases for regular sized pillows). Any quote from Futurama or Arrested Development works.
*He loves hot sauce and does cook, so spices or anything like that works. He likes tea. A decorated mug would be nice.
*A winter hat. I made him one last year that he loved but he lost it. So don't put too much time into it Grin
--No allergies

Best Friend (Erin--She's a runner and also is cold a lot of the time. She loves blues and purples in the lavender/periwinkle range, as well as deep jewel blues and purples.)
*Purple/blue scarf. She doesn't wear hats.
*I'm making her a lap quilt (purples and blues), so a throw pillow (even just the cover) to go with it would be fun!
--No allergies

Good friend's first baby (Joshua)--He just turned 5 months and it would be fun to have some Christmas stuff for him. He's chunky, so I imagine by Christmas 12 mo clothes would be good.

Boyfriend's parents (Joan and Lewis...actually not sure how he spells that)--they are older but pretty active. Joan has a fun little garden and is really sweet. She is diabetic, so sugar free stuff is good. Lewis likes card games. They are pretty "green"
*Teas, spices, hot sauce, anything kitchen-y like that.
*Their house is pretty full/cluttered, so something more useful than decorative would be good.

Boyfriend's Nephews and Niece--he has two nephews (9 and 2) and once niece (7)
*Small things that kids might like. Educational would probably be good, their parents are really into organic/natural stuff.
*They like games

My Nephews (Dane, 7 1/2, Aidan 6, Tristan 3 1/2)
*They love superheroes, especially Spiderman, Batman, and the Incredible Hulk (or as they call him "Hulk Smash")
*They adore anything they can hang on their walls, so posters, artwork, etc. If you ever find any little pull out posters in magazines or little ones they give away at movie theaters those are great to throw in!
*Organizational things, like belts they can hang toys on, or containers to put their cars, toys, small treasures in
*Dress up stuff, especially capes/belts/hats and superhero, ninja, or pirate wear.
*Winter hats/scarves/mittens in boyish colors. Blue is always a winner.
*They love clothes. They fit into pretty standard size clothing for their ages, except Dane is tall and thin for his age (pants are always too short and fall down on him) and Tristan is tall for his age. T-shirts would be fabulous, Sevsonlygirl made some for them several years ago and the little guy is still wearing them all.
*For some reason they love headbands (like sweat bands). I think they think they are karate masters or something when they wear them. Decorated ones would probably put them over the top.
*Decorated, standard size pillow cases would be wonderful, they would love those!
Dane--He's the video game prince, he loves Sonic and Mario
Aidan--He's my crafty boy, loves notepads, activity pads, games, but most especially puzzles. He'll sit and do the same puzzle over and over for hours
Tristan--He still likes cuddly things, but he's always trying to keep up with the big boys. He really likes Ponyo and some awful Dragon show that I'm trying to remember the name to. Dragon Tales? New things are great for him because he gets so many-hand me-downs.

Nephews' new puppy (Lola)
* Puppy treats or toys!
* A blanket just for her
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011 09:59:23 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
sweety28303
"She is Dangerous, She is Dangerous, I'm sure."

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2011 10:13:36 PM »

I Claim MareMare For A Winter Hat For Joel

This Is My 3rd Claim, 1 Sent, 0 Recieved

I Claim jessicachantel for crochet supplies!
2nd claim, 1 sent, 0 recieved

Im Jolena. Im 23 Years Old And I Have A Super Huge Family. = ] I Live In Fayetteville, North Carolina.

My Oldest Sister:
Shes 38. Her Favorite Color Is Blue And Shes Absolutely In Love With Tinkerbell. Her Goal Is To Start A Cupcake Business.
-An Apron Or Oven Mittens.
-A Tinkerbell Charm Bracelet.
- Cupcake Decorating Kit.thanks missmlissa
- Ipod Holder- kinda like this but not hello kitty
http://pinterest.com/pin/94648634/

My Middle Sister:
Shes 36. I Always Call Her A Handy Man. If You Cant Fix It Then Thats The Person You Can. She Has A Different Sense Of Style. Her Kitchen Theme Is Apples. She Has Really Long Thick Dreads.
Allergies-She Cant Wear Anything Gold. It Gives Her Alligator Skin.

-Hanging Or Dish Towels For Her Kitchen.
http://pinterest.com/pin/172409014/
http://www.wists.com/b9f7bc6b7b389fe27891b657983cd8de?q=crochet towel&offset=0

-A Hoopla With Apples On It.
-T-Shirt With Funny Saying On It.. PM For Size.
-Slouchy Hat. She Has Long Dreads So It'll Have To Be Deep.
-Handmade Soaps
-Anything Related To Monkeys.. She Collects Them.

My Aunt Michelle:
-Humming Bird Wall-Art.
-A Purse, She Love Big Purses.
-This Is Huge But A Quilt
-Any Kind Of Hat. She Wears Alot Of Deep Reds And Black.
http://pinterest.com/pin/180937284/
-Reusable Snack Bags.

My Aunt Ellise:
-She's Been Really Wanting A Denim Purse
http://pinterest.com/pin/180487597/
-Mug Rug
-Coasters
Thanks MareMare
-I'm Working On A Granny Daughter Blanket, So Granny Daughters Will Be Useful And Appreciated.

For My Close Cousins:
Jacob- He Just Turned One And He's So Cute! I Call Him My Little Tonka Truck. I'd Love A Tonka Truck Stuffie For Him
Syd- She's 16. Her Favorite Color Is Red And She LOVES Jewelry
Mason- He's Due December 19th. So Any Baby Stuff Is Appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011 07:45:28 PM by sweety28303 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Any quilters interested in a personal swap?
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011 04:24:22 PM »

I claim sweety28303 for dish towels for her middle sister and some burp cloths for Mason!

3/2/1

Hi!  I'm Kaz and I live with my two bunnies in a teensy tiny condo in Maryland, USA. I'm a teacher in a middle school, and I love it.  I love most any color (see my profile for the colors of my house), though I'm not really a fan of paisley, neons, baby pastels, or animal print.  I love polka dots, stripes, fun patterns, bright colors, and "comfy" things.  I love puns, good grammar, penguins, rabbits, doors and windows, autumn and reading. I have no allergies.  I'm single, an only child, and my dad passed away four years ago this coming November, so it's me and my mom - which is why my list for potential things for my mom is so long.  She's my best friend, really, and since I'm an adult now, I can spoil her as she deserves!

I'm trying to keep store-bought gifts to a minimum again this year, so thanks for helping me out!  I tell myself that it makes Christmas cost less ... and so long as I don't go near a Joann's, it probably does. Wink   OH, and I know that some of my items aren't quite a medium, but I would think the smaller things - notecards, etc. - would be something that could be a set?   Cheesy

For Mom
My mom is a fabulous woman, who is a preschool teacher and adores her dog.  (Seriously, the dog gets her own suitcase when we go on trips.)  She likes lighthouses and collects Santas.  Things to help her organize would be LOVE (mostly by me!) and she has a dream of opening her own baking business.  She is the best baker I know.  She loves the blue/yellow combination (think Vera Bradley-esque prints).  Her dog is named Prairie and is something like a Schipperke mix.  (She has no allergies, but she does dislike birds, so please nothing with birds.)

-recipes for baked goods
-earrings/necklace set for my mom (she loves garnets and turquoise, not necessarily together, though! She can do more delicate jewelry and doesn't like chunky stuff really.  She prefers silver to gold.)
-a learn to make jewelry craft kit for my mom
-a dog bed for Prairie (she's a medium sized/30 pound dog - I can provide a pic if necessary)
-mugrug
-notebook like THIS for mom (she actually pointed out that she liked it!)
-rice heat/cool pack
-<s>knit/crocheted dishcloths for mom - she prefers ones that are square and are probably 6x6.</s> Thank you TroubleT and craftaddiction!
-swiffer sweeper and swiffer duster reusable crocheted/sewn covers for mom
-notecards w/ envelopes
-oven mitts/hot pads for the kitchen

For The Relatives

I'm looking for some things for my mom's relatives, too - mostly my grandparents, uncle and his wife.  My grandmother loves maroon and Manhattans (the drink), hates birds, the color green and water.  My grandfather has a gigantic sweet tooth and likes martinis.  My uncle and his wife are very awesome people, and I couldn't tell you what their favorite colors are.  Best go for a generic 'manly' print for my uncle and something fun and classic for my uncle's wife. They all love the Boston Red Sox and no allergies for any of them.

-earrings, necklace, or bracelet for my uncle's wife (she's rather tall, so something a bit chunky or daring is probably best for her so it doesn't get too lost!)
-mug rugs for uncle (he likes firetrucks, dark green/manly colors, and America), or grandparents
-wool dryer balls for grandma
-homemade preserves for grandparents

For The Kids
I've also got several small children to make gifts for this year - a 3 year old niece, a 4 year old boy, a 1.5 year old boy, a one year old boy, and a 9 month old girl.  They have no allergies of which I'm aware.

These are all just ideas!  If you have something you think they'd love, just let me know.  I'm very open to other ideas. Cheesy

-hooded towels (for a 3 year old girl who loves purple, ducks, and sheep and/or a 4 year old boy who is very much a little boy and loves firemen/policemen/cars) (Examples: example 1, example 2)
-car "garage" for the 4 year old boy for his Matchbox cars (like this or this - no need to get so detailed with the paint or anything on the first one, though)
-baby blanket (for the girl infant)
-decorated t-shirts for one year old boy (size 1-2), 4 year old boy
-library bag for any of these children
-stuffy/amigurumi of some kind for a one year boy
-<s>soft blocks or something car-like for the one year old boy</s> Thank you so much, craftaddiction!
-crayon roll/crayon tote for 3 year old niece (who loves purple, ducks, and sheep and whose birthday is on Christmas itself!)
-felt food for the 3 year old niece
-apron for 3 year old niece (with her name would be awesome - PM for the name, as it's a very unique name and I think she might like having something with her name!)

For Co-Workers, Friends, Etc.
-mug rugs
-mug cozies
-_____ in a Mug (like this or this
-ornament coasters like these for my friend, L, who adores Christmas and all Christmas decorations

For Me to Use for Others

-Christmas cards w/ envelopes (for me or mom)
-Christmas and birthday tags
-reusable cloth gift bags
-handmade gift bows (out of newspaper, magazines, film ... ideas are endless)

For Me

-soup recipes - I'm addicted

Thank you in advance for claiming me and helping me with my Christmas list! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's time to enter your favorite breakfast recipes in the Get 'Em Up Breakfast Recipe Challenge!  Post Nov. 23- Nov. 30!  Vote Dec. 1-7!
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2011 04:32:28 PM »

I claim kaz814 for wool dryer balls and some preserves.

Send by 9/30
(2,1,4)

Outstanding claims
Helena Puck: a penguin ami - RECEIVED!
Miss Barbara: small gifts for teachers and friends -Received!
MissingWillow: Japanese themed t-shirt - Received!
hautedogclothing: Tim Gunn t-shirt - Received!
craftaddiction: a baby toy and ceramic coasters
kaz814: dryer balls and preserves

I'm TroubleT! I live in the Atlanta, GA area with my wonderful husband and 2 kidlets. I'm a high school Spanish teacher (of 21 yrs....EEP!) and love my job! We do not have any major allergies in the house other than my honey allergy so don't send me any granola or pour it over my package please. Wink

General dcor and paper items

~holiday bunting w/ Christmas trees, snowflakes, ornaments, whatever as long as it's not religious - I have one normal size door that leads out of the living room to the kitchen, one wide doorway (think a door and a half in size) leading to the dining room, both of which have no doors and they need to be jazzed up!

~Holiday greeting cards Non religious please! Preferably humorous

~Handmade ornaments - We love silly, quirky ornaments!! Thank you cinnamon teal! ...more of these would be wonderful though! Cheesy

~Gift tags done in white, red or green. Simple is preferable. Thank you cinnamon teal!

~Snowmen stuffies! I decorate our house with these and I add a new one or two to my collection every year! A handmade one would be super special. Cheesy

~Angry Birds Christmas ornaments! I only need 3 in different colors for our annual family ornaments. THANK YOU kaz! Grin

~Some way to display Holiday cards like a hanging ribbon  OR a clothes pin wreath

Husband - Computer programmer by day, awesome husband by night. He loves Fierros, cooking on the grill (think Texas style BBQ), and his dog Malia. No Allergies

~More artwork for his office Hes a computer programmer and is not at all into Fanfic or Gaming. He already has CTRL-ALT-DLT, Binary Man (done in X stitch) and STFU. Both worked in hoops and framed. Maybe something like math humor or  caffeine molecule or geeky beer humor A MAJOR HINT was given to me this past weekend when he saw the paper airplane hoop (super easy stitching!) that I made for the Ongoing Hoopla. He loved it! PM me if you are interested in doing this one because I have a cool idea that I would never be able to pull off myself because he can be super nosey. Hehehe...

~a remote control organizer for his recliner (Its a medium brown with darker brown flecks) Like this but without the magazine pocket - http://cgi.ebay.com/Fabric-Chair-Tv-Remote-Control-Holder-Organizer-Caddy-/200407666078  maybe done in a forest green or black

Son - 10 yrs old, very creative, loves to draw, heavy reader Cheesy, loves Lego video games. No Allergies

~a decorated box for his art supplies - outer space, legos or Star Wars themed - I'm getting him some really nice colored pencils and maybe a set of pastels this year. Smiley

~a magnetic board (cookie sheet style or something similar) in an Outer Space theme appropriate for a 10 yr old boy (no cutesy aliens please!) maybe made with glow in the dark paint?

~Lego Indiana Jones or Star Wars wall art for his room (walls are sky blue) Painted or papercraft pieced Thank you cinnamon teal!

~ A figurine or stuffy of a Greek mythological beast for his Holiday Book Box - He loved the Hydra and the Minotaur in the first PJ movie.  

~Bookmarks! He loves his books and wont dog ear pages (YAY!) so hed like some handmade book marks, especially if it had his name on it.

~sweater mittens in either a medium blue or red (I can send you a tracing of his hand for this!)

Daughter - 5 yrs old going on DIVA!, loves all things pink, sparkly and princessy. No Allergies

~a magnetic board in princess girlie theme (cookie sheet style or something similar) Go completely Girlie, Sparklie, Pink over the top Princess with this! She would LOVE it!

~sweater mittens in either pink or purple (Hand tracing can be provided!)

~a scoodie in either pink or purple, crocheted or sewn
Thank you Miss Barbara! Cheesy

~a princess plushie - I do a holiday themed book box every year and she is really into all things Princessy so her theme will be just that. Smiley

~Girlie Bubble bath! Light floral or fruit scent, maybe a spa kit appropriate for a little girl

~any appropriately girlie small hoopla (6" or smaller) for her hoopla wall - She already has a bunny, Pooh bear, her name and a butterfly.

My Mom - Sorry no likes, hobbies, or interesting facts for this one. No Allergies

~crocheted dish clothes in cream, brown or yellow OR a pair of crocheted hanging dish towels - Thank you craftaddiction and Miss Barbara!

~pieced pillow covers OR a lapghan since she was a bit jealous of dad's blanket last year

~simple, elegant earrings (Fish Hook please, no posts!) - she loves reds, blues, silver and black

My Dad A proud veteran of the Korean war and very actively volunteers with the VA in helping vets get the medical care/funds that they deserve. No Allergies

~ a framed art piece (any medium as long as the design is clean, not cluttered) of a Purple Heart (He received 2 during his years of service.) OR  an appropriate Veterans Day saying like REMEMBER with an American flag. Sayings can be found at http://www.quotegarden.com/veterans-day.html

~a jar of preserves He eats buttered toast with jelly or preserves every morning at breakfast. His favorites are apple butter and peach preserves.

ME! - Check out my profile and "So You Want to Swap?" page on my blog for TONS of info on me. Cheesy I AM VERY ALLERGIC TO HONEY!

~sleep shirts - knee length in a size large, I'd prefer either cotton or flannel, a basic pattern with some sort of sleeve is perfect for me. (Please no cap sleeves. I look horrible in those.)

~a memory board to hang over my craft table to help me keep up with important papers and crafty notes, preferably in "nature" colors like browns, forest green and cream.

Misc. Gifts

~Small Teacher gifts My kids have a total of 5 teachers when you include their after school program.  Were fortunate this year in that they are all totally awesome! Im totally OK with them all being the same.

~Small gifts for our 3 karate instructors. My kids and I all take karate and our instructors have the patience of Jobe. Wink

For my kitteh furchild

~A Kitty Pi!

~catnip filled toys
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011 03:14:42 PM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2011 04:37:04 PM »

Well I was gonna claim kaz814 but TroubleT beat me to it!  Cheesy so I'll claim her instead  Wink

I claim TroubleT for Holiday greeting cards
(2,1,1)

Hello, Im Reinikka from Southern California. Im really excited to start collecting handmade gifts for my friends and family! Please include your business tag and/or business card with anything you make (even a tag that says Handcrafted by: Your Name would be nice). You dont have to worry about allergies, but I would appreciate no smoke/dirty smells on anything.

Sewn / Embroidery Items
~ Tea wallet ~ for my mom ~ She likes burgundy and purple, blue would also work but she would probably be happy with any color/pattern, just stay away from childish prints and bright pink ~ No allergies
~ Coffee mug cozy ~ for my grandma ~ The kind that goes around a coffee mug and through the handle, a few yarn examples on this pin board but I imagine these could also be sewn ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, reindeer themed  ~ for my mom ~ Not cartoony, she likes deer silhouettes similar to these: Reindeer #1 and Reindeer #2 and Reindeer #3 ~ No allergies
~ Bathroom hand  towels, frog themed  ~ for my mom ~ She collects frogs and has them all over in one bathroom so I think a few froggy hand towels would be cute. Green, light blue, or white/cream ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, Mary Engelbreit themed/inspired  ~ for my mom ~ anything inspired by Mary Engelbreits art  ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, Jewish themed  ~ for my mom ~ Shes not really Jewish, but she pretends to be anyway. Maybe a Star of David, Menorah, Dreidel, etc~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, rooster themed  ~ for my mom-in-law ~ She collects any and all roosters, so have fun! ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, snowman themed  ~ for my mom-in-law ~ She collects snowmen for Xmas decorating ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen hand towels, farm/tractor themed ~ for my uncle-in-law ~ he lives in the country with his cows ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen / Bathroom hand towels, Finland themed  ~ for other family members ~ Maybe a Finland flag? or Finnish saying/words (PM me for ideas if you need any)? ~ No allergies
~ Kitchen / Bathroom hand towels, Winter themed  ~ for other family members ~ Christmas themed is fine too, just nothing too religious. Im thinking Santa, Xmas trees, Presents, etc ~ No allergies
~ Oven mitt, farm/tractor themed ~ for my uncle-in-law ~ he lives in the country with his cows, every Christmas he bakes us a batch of yummy bread and homemade jam ~ No allergies
~ Apron to be used as painting smock ~ for my crafty friend ~ She loves anything Disney (especially Stitch), dancing (country line dancing, belly dancing, Hawaiian, and she just started learning tap), theatre and theatre tech, peace signs, and the Ohm symbol She is not a girly girl, so no pink please. She likes purple, blue, and green. ~ No allergies
~ Reusable produce bags ~ for my mom ~ any color (as long as you can see whats inside) and a variety of sizes would be great ~ No allergies
~ Tote / Project bag, Mary Engelbreit themed/inspired  ~ for my mom ~ anything inspired by Mary Engelbreits art  ~ No allergies
~ Tote / Book bag, role play/nerd themed ~ for my husband ~ to carry around his RPG books, has to be strong/durable, maybe made out of canvas or denim? Anything with RPG/nerdy references would be great, I can provide some quotes if needed ~ No allergies
~ Large tote/bag ~ for my crafty friend ~ She loves anything Disney (especially Stitch), dancing (country line dancing, belly dancing, Hawaiian, and she just started learning tap), theatre and theatre tech, peace signs, and the Ohm symbol She is not a girly girl, so no pink please. She likes purple, blue, and green. ~ No allergies
~ Reusable gift bags ~ for anyone and everyone on my list ~ Any color/theme (a few Christian ones would be nice along with a few Jewish ones), variety of sizes would be great but Id rather have them too big then too small ~ No allergies
~ D20 dice bag ~ for my husband ~ His fav colors are green and blue, but I think black,  white, or red  would also be nifty for this, example and tutorial (PM me if you have other color ideas) ~ No allergies
~ Cold bandannas/wraps (the kind with thingies inside that hold cold/heat, or the kind you soak in water and keep cool) ~ for my husband ~ Any colors will do for this, but I would really love something in a cow print ~ No allergies Thanks sweetyetevil!
~ Mug rug (or two) ~ for my mom ~ Nothing flashy or tacky, she likes burgundy and purple, but other colors would also work. Her kitchen is light blue and cream colored. A dreidel or menorah would be fun. (no overly bright, pastel, or too dark please) ~ No allergies
~ Mug rug (or two) ~ for my grandma ~ Im envisioning light blue and creams or burgundy and purple but she would probably love anything. Little Drummer Boy song themed would be fantastic (not the stop motion animated cartoon though). ~ No allergies
~ Mug rug (or two) ~ for my aunt ~ Something Christmas themed without being tacky would be nice, or something she can use year round. Deep reds, burgundy, purple.  (no overly bright or pastel please) ~ No allergies
~ Mug rug (or two) ~ for my mom-in-law ~ Something Christmas themed, chicken themed, or snowmen themed ~ No allergies
~ Place mat ~ for my cousin ~ Loves Elmo and Teletubies (I think the red one is his favorite) or this could be Christmas themed. Something with his name would also be fun~ No allergies
~ Large, adult sized bib with plastic pocket for catching food laminated/slick fabric for easy cleaning ~ for my cousin ~ He is physically an adult but mentally a child and we love him more than anything! My aunt loves the few bibs she has for him and Im sure she would love one or two more. He loves Elmo and Teletubies but other themes would be fine, something with his name would also be fun. Snap or velcro clasp please, no tie. Example, this is a toddler bib, but the right design idea ~ No allergies
~ Stitch stuffed animal ~ for my crafty friend ~ Stitch is her favorite Disney character and she collects him, I think a handmade, on of a kind one would be much loved ~ No allergies

Yarny Items  (Natural fibers only please)
~ Nice washcloths ~ to add as an extra for family/friends ~ any color but would really like some whites & creams and softer colors (light blue, mint green, etc) ~ No allergies
~ Coffee mug cozy ~ for my grandma ~ The kind that goes around a coffee mug and through the handle, a few examples on this pin board (could also be sewn) ~ No allergies
~ Stitch amigurumi ~ for my crafty friend ~ Stitch is her favorite Disney character and she collects him ~ No allergies

Jewelry / Ornaments / Similar Crafts
~ Beaded bookmarks ~ for my grandma, aunt, and mom-in-law ~ No color preference (maybe purples, silver, black light blue?), these examples are for type only, not content/colors: metal thingy that goes in book + beading that hangs outside and/or ribbon that goes inside + beading on one or both ends ~ No allergies
~ Jewish themed ornaments  ~ for my mom ~ Shes not really Jewish, but she pretends to be. Maybe a Star of David, Menorah, Dreidel, etc~ No allergies
~ Finnish themed ornaments ~ for family ~ Would love some holiday sayings like "Hauskaa Joulua" (Merry Christmas) or a Joulupukki (Santa) ornament ~ No allergies
~ Winnie the Pooh themed ornaments ~ for my step-mom ~ She loves any and all things Winnie the Pooh related ~ No allergies
~ Salt shaker ornament ~ for my dad ~ We have a running joke about his love of salt, this can be classy or funny and you can include the pepper shaker if you want to ~ No allergies
~ Stitch ornament ~ for my crafty friend ~ Stitch is her favorite Disney character and she collects him ~ No allergies

Other Crafts
~ Hand spun/died yarn, natural fibers ~ for my mom ~ just one or two of these since she has a massive stash already (that she is trying to thin down), I really think she would like some though so even though she doesnt need it Im gonna take the risk that she might like some. Any color, but would especially love some purples ~ No allergies
~ Handmade candles ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s) ~ No allergies
~ Teacup Candle  ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s), any nice/fancy cup. example and tutorial ~ No allergies
~ Handmade soap ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s), I have a few people with sensitive skin on my list, so would love some made with this in mind ~ No allergies
~ Bath salts / bombs / soaks / etc ~ for family/friends ~ any scent(s) ~ No allergies
~ Bath tea bags ~  for family/friends ~ any scent(s), here is a cute tutorial ~ No allergies
~ Containers for cookies, looking for at least 5 ~ I have been requested to bake some holiday cookies and I would love something creative to put them in, nice tin, decorated jar, etc ~ No allergies but must be safe for food
~ Flower bombs (with instructions) ~ for my aunt-in-law ~ she lives near Seattle Washington, I dont know what type of flowers grow best there. She is an avid gardener and I think shed get a kick out of them ~ No allergies
~ Bigfoot themed ATCs ~ for my husband ~ Im having a hard time thinking of things for him, but I know he likes all the Bigfoot ATCs Ive received so far so a few more would be nice ~ No allergies
~ Dr Who wall art, Bow ties are cool ~ for my husband ~ Im up for other Dr Who ideas, but please PM me to discuss first ~ No allergies
~ Set of coasters, TV & Movie themed any craft type ~ for my husband ~ Dr. Who, Torchwood, Ghost Busters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (80's/90's version), Firefly/Serenity, and I can provide more upon request. ~ No allergies
~ Set of coasters, beverage themed any craft type ~ for my husband ~ he loves Widmer Brothers brewery, Dechutes Brewery, Dr. Pepper, Mt. Dew, Orange soda, and Root beer (I also like the Dechutes Brewery beers if you want to make something I'd like too  Wink ) ~ No allergies
~ Hand painted wood trays ~ for my mom ~ She uses these for beading projects so they must have an edge so nothing escapes. A Mary Engelbreit inspired tray would be wonderful, otherwise just something pretty  ~ No allergies
~ Craft kit ~ for my crafty friend ~ We do paper crafting together and I know she would love some more supplies of her own; paper, paint, brushes, paper cutter, paper punches, glue, ribbon, ephemera, painting canvases, etc. She especially loves anything Disney, so Disney stickers, embellishments, and Disney paper would be much loved (Stitch is her favorite) ~ No allergies

~ Anything not listed but you feel inspired to make ~ I would love to hear other ideas, but please PM me first just to be sure
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
Helena Puck

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2011 05:49:01 PM »

I claim kartiana for Stitch ornament

Claimed 2, transit 2, received 2 This is fun Smiley

I'm highly allergic to smoke

Here is my list:

Something Mario themed for my six year old nephew- considering hats, open to suggestion. http://www.etsy.com/listing/81462030/super-mario-inspired-mario-hat-blue-red

Something for 12 year old nephew- also considering video game themed hats http://www.etsy.com/listing/81493944/super-mario-hat-nintendo-inspired-goomba

Useful Schnauzer themed items: I'm open to anything. Considering things like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/13884994/schnauzer-dog-art-5x7-note-cards-boxed  http://www.etsy.com/listing/62485310/rainbow-schnauzer-aceo-art-card-dog

Crocheted or Sewn Plush:
Plushy Kirby Thanks Miss Barbara
Penguin plush Thanks TroubleT
Jack Skellington
Spider-Man
C3PO
R2D2
Other Star Wars characters
Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=372807.msg4435146#msg4435146

Anything- C3PO, Kirby, penguins, Spider-Man, and Jack the pumpkin king, Superheroes, skeleton, pixar characters/ Toy Story, Harry Potter, Aliens, Phineas and Ferb, Perry the Platypus http://www.etsy.com/listing/78422483/everyones-favorite-semi-aquatic-secrect

Wall decals: sort of like this, http://www.etsy.com/listing/73796639/jack-skellington-nightmare-before  http://www.etsy.com/listing/75915437/penguin-family-wall-decal-free-shipping

Lego blocks, lego people, mustache, princess crayons

Something for a two year old with a Disney Princess theme

Something for an adult Santa Collector

Wooden puzzles - scroll saw animals, santas, alphabet . . .
http://www.etsy.com/listing/14388286/miniature-schnauzer-dog-puzzle-wooden
http://www.etsy.com/listing/68233307/mini-bunny-with-babies-animal-puzzle

Cincinnati Red and/or Jets themed items

Something Miami Dolphins for men (maybe a grill apron)

Wonder Woman Apron- maybe something like this, http://www.etsy.com/listing/65322636/the-wonder-mom-2-womans-super-hero-apron
Retro style kitchen apron
Vendor Apron
Cactus pin cushion

Snake ornament or something with a Blood Python for my uncle who raises snakes http://www.etsy.com/listing/53412845/snakes-are-out-scarlet-king-snake

Something with a Kansas/Dorothy's red slippers theme like a tote bag, sweatshirt, scarf

University of Kentucky purse- something like this or smaller. doesn't have to be quilted http://www.etsy.com/listing/73972359/uk-wildcats-purse-with-free-shipping

Or any style purse with any design- mom loves purses
Gum wrapper purse

University of Kentucky themed items for men or women
Lipbalm variety pack for teachers/stocking stuffers. Any flavors
Gift card holders for men
Mouse Ornament
Candles
Jellies, Jams, Salsa

Men's t-shirts:
Big Bang Theory/ anything Sheldon wears
Superhero
Flash Gordon
Robot
Boardgame/eurogame themed
War chit
Forbidden Planet Poster shirt
Piratey
Sci-fi

Anything She-Ra, Smurfs, or Spock
http://www.etsy.com/listing/78600343/smurf-stepping-stool
http://www.etsy.com/listing/79817819/smurfs

Homemade Candy, Jelly/jam, salsa

Peg Dolls or Nesting Dolls http://www.etsy.com/listing/75278757/fancie-fannies-rocket-ship
http://www.etsy.com/listing/72590355/fancie-toy-story-set-for-a2freshprints

Batman and Robin big brother, little brother shirts: http://pinterest.com/pin/80811357/

A Gnome figure (indoor or outdoor) Thanks Miss Barbara

Hand-carved nature and/or Buddhist themed rubber stamps
Hand-made soap molds- maybe gummi bears http://www.etsy.com/listing/77077154/yummy-gummi-bear-flexible-silicone-mold

Superhero capes
Bert from Sesame Street items for an adult (gag gift) maybe something like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/69164939/bert-duct-tape-wallet
Here's my wist list too http://wists.com/helenapuck
and pinterest http://pinterest.com/helenapuck/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2011 05:18:52 AM »

I claim TroubleT for crocheted dishcloths for her mom.
I claim Mare Mare for a crocheted scarf and wrist warmers for her SIL!
I claim missmellisa for a blue and white scarf for her FIL.
I claim HelenaPuck for an indoor gnome figure!

I claim HelenaPuck for a medium sized fleece Disney Princess blanket for a two year old girl!
(1,1,0)

Hi!  My name is Barbara (a.k.a.-"Miss Barbara") and I live in Long Island, NY with my DH and three kids:  17 year old son, 9 year old daughter, and 7 year old daughter.  We celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah in our house; DH and son also have birthdays around the holidays as well!

*We have SLIGHT allergies in our house.  I can receive from someone who has pets as long as the pets are kept away from the craft and supplies.  No partners who smoke or who have smokers in the house, please.  Thanks!*

The gifts I have listed are going to my girls' numerous teachers (i.e.-regular school, Hebrew School, before and after school care), my co-workers, and some friends.  NO COLOR PREFERENCE/NO STYLE PREFERENCE/NO THEME PREFERENCE for any of the items, unless otherwise specified.  Have fun!

SOAP:
-Bath soaps, bath bombs, etc...  (My children would like these as well!  Son likes the scented ones, the girls would like the ones in fun shapes, please.)

SEWN: