A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,140
Currently Running With Scissors:
564 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Holiday List Swap Round 1 (sign ups 8/18 through 9/17)  (Read 16193 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweetyetevil
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011 06:46:06 PM »

Seems like we are stuck! I will claim kartiana for either some coasters or some cooling neck bandanas. Not sure which it depends on what I can find for supplies.
(2,0,0)

Any craft medium
Ornaments- any medium, colorful, sparkly, whatever!  These do not have to be holiday themed like snow or santa etc
Something jagermeister or bud lite related for boyfriend
Coasters
trivets

Cloth/sewing/crochet/knitting/embroidery
Mug rugs or cozies Thanks leighi123!
Paperback book covers
Kitchen or decorative towels and wash cloths-does not have to be winter themed so they can use them year round.
Wall art or decoration army related. We lost my nephew so if it could be personalized that would be so great. I would like something for my parents and my sister.
Make up bags-fun prints/styles for sisters and nieces (both in their 20s)
Scented sachets for hanging or drawers-fruity or clean scents
Bath mitts or poufs-adults (for men too!) and one for a boy and one for a girl
Pillow cases- tool theme(not for a child), fun print in birds/owls, any batik or unisex print for either male or female
Socks- okay these are for meI wear a size 7 shoe. I have been trying to get some cozy socks since I have been on craftster  haha
Embroidery-Okay one more for me. Something similar this with Beth + Sam on it.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62911726/custom-heart-tree-print-wall-art?ref=sr_gallery_2&ga_search_query=embroidery&ga_noautofacet=1&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade%2Fhousewares%2Fwall_decor

Food goodies
Canned jams, spreads, pickles etc
Coffee beans whole or ground-I have never tried roasting my own but I am sure my parents would love some home roasted beans!
Dog treats-Almost everyone in my family has a dog and my pals do too

Bath & body
Soaps-fruity, treat scents, nothing spicy or overpowering like patchouli
Lotions-small bottles-same scents as above for gift bags
Massage bars
Sugar scrubs

Anything from my pinterest
http://pinterest.com/sweetyetevil/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftaddiction
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011 07:12:17 PM »

I claim sweetyetevil for a few bath poufs and/or mitts

3rd claim/ 0 in transit / 1 received

I live in Iowa with my boyfriend (of 7 years) and our small Multipoo dog named sissy.

We have 2 main groups we give Christmas gifts to (other than immediate family). I could use help with this year. I have no clue what to get them, so you could make anything you wanted. The only thing you should keep in mind that most are couples and most are senior aged. I made a board on pintrest with some ideas. They are just to give you ideas; you dont need to make something on the board if you have a different idea.

-   Tiny gift(s) The tiny ones are people around town. Usually I pick up all 8-10 of them for around $20 (just to give you an idea on value). This is like the mail man and the trash guy. It is okay if they are really tiny. I am going to leave them on my list and make little goodies bags. Maybe ornaments, coasters, snack bags, cooking mixes, magnets, alerted notebooks, bookmarks.  I love the mini pie in a jar idea (though we probably have to avoid food items until we get closer to Christmas). Really, anything you can think of. I am horrible at coming up with ideas. You dont need to claim all 8. Just claim how ever many you want to meet the swap requirements, or mix-and-match with other things on my list.
-   Small gift(s) Usually we spend around $10-$20 each on these. We will send 5 of these this year. I dont actually know any of these people, as they are distance relatives of my boyfriends or his ex (he got along well with her family well, and likes to send them something small). 2 are couples, 3 are single (2 women, 1 man). All are seniors or near it, with no kids in the house. One of the single women is diabetic. If you like things more spelled out, here it is:
Small gift A Our Neighbors. Married couple. In their 60s. He is in a wheel chair.
Small gift B Male, Single. In his 50s In a band. Loves anything related to music and comics. Likes old 30s and 40s cars.
Small gift C Female, single. 95 year old. Diabetic. Partial disabled (age). Likes anything related to where she was born, South Dakota (you dont have to use that). Lives in Southern California in a nursing home.
Small gift D Female, single. 55 years old.
Small gift E Bfs ex-parent-in-laws. Married. In their 70s (or so). He is a retired fireman.

Ceramic Tile Coasters would be great for any of the small or tiny gifts. Any theme/color.

My boyfriends GrandkidsPerhaps someone likes making gifts for kids? You could make anything you would like.
My boyfriend has 4 kids (all grown). 2 are married with kids. One has 1 boy (age 6) and 1 girl (age 2). The other has 2 boys (ages 6 and 1). We could use some gifts for the grandkids (dont worry about the kids, they like cash Smiley )

Maybe marshmallow shooters for the 2 eldest?
Any soft toy would work for the baby

My Parents
My dad is disabled. Some days he is in so much pain he cant leave his bed. Other days are better. His favorite things are going to breakfast and his dog Rosita. Rosita is great for him. When he has bad days she will lay next to him all day. Other days, she is great at getting him out of the house. She loves playing ball and car rides. So a great day for dad is taking Rosita to sonic for breakfast. She is like his child. He used to have pictures of me all over his computer and phone. They have since been replaced with pictures of her Smiley He spends a lot of time reading (especially when he cant get out of bed). He reads suspense and crime novels and can read a book or 2 a night. He is trying to get more active (when he can), so he swims at the community pool and has started playing pickleball. He pretty much likes any colors (well, he wont wear pink) and anything. He isnt picky. He has no allergies but he is diabetic.

Mom is allergic to wool (it is fine if dad gets something with wool in it, she has to be close to notice it, like a blanket or a scarf). Her favorite color is blue. There isnt any color she dislikes. She also loves Rosita, but her baby is her dog Maxie (a boy). She spends most of the time working. She works full time and is taking some classes online. She started sewing a few months ago and loves it. She tries to spend every minute she can find sewing (sadly there isnt enough minutes most days). She is a natural at it. She never had a hobby before, so I think this is good from her.

-    Large lunch bag My mom takes her breakfast, lunch and whatever else she will need for the day in a plastic grocery bag. Maybe someone has a better idea for a reusable bag? Thanks kaz814!
-    Detroit Lions Vest I would love a Lions vest for my dad. He wears a 3xl. If you have an idea or something else Detroit Lions themed, that would be great too. It shouldnt take too much fabric, as it doesnt need arms.
-   Slippers For my dad. He wears a 9 in US mens. Any style. He could really use them. He cant feel his feet so sometimes he steps on things around the house (like goat heads) without realizing it. Even a thin barrier would make a big difference.
-   Stickers With Bob V. on them For my dad. He puts them on his diabetic tracking sheets. I think it is his way to make a negative thing a bit more fun. And it makes the nurses smile. They should have some sort of picture (sponge bob?) and Bob V. They could be done completely by hand. Or this would be good for someone with some computer skills and Avery type labels. Thanks MareMare
-   Stenciled/etched wine glasses They get their wine glasses from the dollar store. They work fine but are a bit plain. So maybe some can make glasses with a design on them?
-   Stenciled/etched beer glasses
-   Homemade Soap  Dad loves homemade soap. He first got hooked when they got a bar of lavender goat milk soap. Since then he has tried many different types of soap (like olive oil ones) and has likes them all. Thanks MareMare
-   Fused Glass Pendant  With my picture. My mom asked for one.

-   Anything you think they would like I didnt ramble on about their life for no reason. Smiley If you got any ideas while reading their bio, (ie, something for animals or a bookmark for dads reading), go with it. My imagination limits me greatly. Dont let my poor imagination limit you too :p  If you have ideas, please, use them.

Sewing Supplies for Mom I usually wouldnt think used supplies would be a good gift, but I couldnt afford anything for my moms birthday, so I swapped for some sewing supplies. I couldnt afford new stuff and I knew sewing supplies was what she really wanted. Since she doesnt care about gifts much (she always says not to get her anything and means it), I figured she would understand. It turns out; it was the best thing I (and my swap partners) ever got her (I was hoping it would be). I never saw her so excited over a gift. I think she liked it even more since I didnt spend a bunch of money on her (she knows we dont have any to spend). She was so happy to get stuff she could use, since she also cant afford to buy supplies often. So I am adding some supplies to her list. I know it isnt crafted, but someone may have some lying around and she would love them just has much as traditional gifts.
-   Fabric Yardage  Cotton, blends, flannel or polyester in 2+ yards Also, fabric for Mens Hawaiian type shirts. Neither of use knows much about fabric, so if you have any fabric that works for clothing, PJs, or bags, it would be wonderful, even if it isnt a material listed.
-    Purse Findings  She has been sewing for a few months and really loves it. She cant afford supplies. Maybe someone has some they dont need. She needs fabric the most, but can use anything.  
someone. Even one stitch marker would help.
-   Rotary Cutter any size
-   Cutting Mat
-   Beginning Sewing Books/Patterns She can use clothing in sizes 12-18 in womans. She could also use patterns for bags, pillow and other accessories.
-   Any sewing supplies you think she would find useful
-   Sewing Patten for Mens Hawaiian Shirt My mom wants to make dad some shirts. He wears a 3x.
-   Sewing Patten for any Mens 3xx clothing [/color]

For Mags (a family friend I have known my whole life)
-   Nightmare Before Christmas wallet/holder Based on this, but it would be better if it was to hold memory cards or money (or anything else you can think of) instead of tea. Actually, anything Nightmare Before Christmas related would be wonderful. It just cant be too large. Her son, his wife and their daughter are moving in with them, so they have gotten rid of a lot of knick knacks.
-   Plants vs Zombies Plush toy(s) like this
-   Plants vs Zombies Amigurumi(s) like this or like this
-   Plants vs Zombies Bracelet
-   Ceramic Tile Coasters Good themes would be Plant vs Zombies or The Nightmare Before Christmas

For My Boyfriend Blue is his favorite color, he likes most colors (he is very artistic), no allergies. Old enough to have 4 kids in their 30s Smiley .
-   Robe He needs a long, warm robe for the winter. Something that will go to atleast his mid-calf  
-   Prince Valiant 2012 Calendar
-   Homemade Baked Goods Pies (he would love an apple one with a lattice top, any size, even a tiny one), bread, cookies. He loves baked goods and they are hard to find here.

For Gift Giving
-   Gift bags  I added some ideas to my Christmas pintrest. You can make them how ever you want; mini totes, stenciled bags, drawstring bags, paper, your call.
-   Gift Tags
-   1/2 Pint (8 oz) wide Mouth Jar Canning Jars  (the squatty ones, not the tall ones). Supposedly Ace sells these, but we dont have an Ace. 8 or 9 would be ideal, but even a few would be very helpful.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011 07:15:16 PM by craftaddiction » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
jessicachantel
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011 07:18:12 AM »

I claim craftaddiction for 8-10 tiny gifts!

2 claimed, 0 in transit, 0 received

Hi there,
My name is Jessica and I live in Canada with my husband and my  2 year old son, Jack. We are also expecting another boy on Oct 13th whom we have already named Ethan! This year I am completely stumped for what to get everyone and I am trying to get it out of the way before new baby comes so thanks for helping!

General:
Reusable Gift bags
Home made candy/ chocolates (could use as one of those uh oh totally forgot to get you a present, heres some candy! haha)
Modern Christmas decorations (Wreath, advent calendar, something to decorate the table) examples of ones I like: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/cm/goodhousekeeping/images/AP/christmas-wreath-craft-decorate-paper-stars-fb.jpg

http://assets.curbly.com/photos/0000/0011/7471/dec_07_wreatha.jpg

http://www.punchbowl.com/landing_photos/p0000/0428/JoyWreath.jpg?1227028509

http://www.alphamom.com/legacy/mmb/storyart/advent%20calendar%20modern%20from%20modernseed.gif

http://athome.kimvallee.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/BabySockAdventCalendar.jpg

Extended Family

Sister In Laws
- I have 3 and one is expecting!
Home made soaps
Auntie christmas ornaments
home made candles

Brother in Laws
I have two and they are both total nerds! Eve though they are 30 and 32 lol
They love playing WOW among other games!
Etched tumblers, shot glasses, etc..
BBQ spices or sauces (they like things HOT)
Something game related

Nieces and Nephews
Tyler- turns one just before christmas
Hooded towel
Playful Soaps (lego, etc..)
Bath toys
Cute outfit

Emily- 8 years old
Age appropriate Jewelery

My Sister
She loves crocheting and cooking
Crochet supplies (yarn, books, needles, etc..)
A bag to carry her supplies in while working on a project (she prefers more modern trendier fabric)
Spices/ rubs and anything else you can think of for the kitchen

My Son
Floor pillow to watch his shows (Monster or something equally fun)
Stocking stuffers! Home made crayons , fun soap, christmas ornament, candy, anything else you can think of!
Dress up outfit! He fits 3 T- he loves lions, firemen, doctors, buzz light year and woody, construction workers.
Felt food

New Baby
First Christmas outfit or onesie CLAIMED
Baby Toys
Fabric book with his name : Ethan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2011 01:27:47 PM »

I claim jessicachantel for soaps for her sisters in law and playful soaps for her nieces and nephews.  

1 claim, 1 in transit, 0 received

I'm Connie. I live on a farm in Virginia.  We raise sheep, goats, turkeys, chickens, herding dogs, bees, a beltie cow and a hairless cat.  I'm going to try just listing my giftees and a little about them (I'm having trouble figuring out what to give them this year).  If that ends up being a problem for claiming, just let me know in the discussion thread!  I'll list a size if at t-shirt is an option.  

My Mom - A travel agent, she goes everywhere!  She loves reading and chocolate.  I think she'd enjoy some travel related jewelry or something to help organize her stuff when she travels.  Lives in Florida (so no woolies!)  

My Dad - He's a bass fisherman.  He's got his own 'room' and it's decorated with all kinds of fishing stuff.  Lives in Florida

Husband - He loves champagne, hates beavers and is the family beekeeper.  He likes hot sauce and spicy food.  T shirt is XL, he likes black, white and navy.  

Daughter Tracy - 29 years old.  T shirt is L, any color.  She loves making bento, anything Japanese including snacks (she's learning to speak and read the language), kitchen stuff, halloween, gardening.  Lives in Florida

Her husband Brad - 34 years old.  T shirt is XL, he likes dark colors.  Brad loves zombies, classic Nintendo, World of Warcraft, Las Vegas.  He keeps a collection of stuff he thinks is cool on his computer desk.  Lives in Florida

Daughter Claire - 22 years old.  T shirt is XL, she likes dark colors.  She's a foodie who loves squids, Harry Potter, Tim Burton movies, the Venture Brothers, the movie "The Room", halloween.  Could use practical home stuff (that's her mother talking   Cheesy). 

Friend Joan - 59. Has champion border collie agility dogs.  Her favorite dog's name is 'Hope'. Raises sheep.  Doesn't cook.

Friend Jonathan - 29.  He's a veterinarian, raises beagles, brews beer, is a runner.

Friend Rebecca- 31. T shirt is Small, she likes all colors.  Loves sheep and pigs, gardens, is a runner and is married to Jonathan.  

Friend Nellie - 53.  Loves pretty and unusual jewelry.  Lives in Florida

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011 01:31:32 PM by MissingWillow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweety28303
"She is Dangerous, She is Dangerous, I'm sure."

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011 07:11:33 AM »

I Claim MissingWillow For A Gryffindor Scarf.
This Is My First Claim
Im Jolena. Im 23 Years Old And I Have A Super Huge Family. = ] I Live In Fayetteville, North Carolina.

My Oldest Sister:
Shes 38. Her Favorite Color Is Blue And Shes Absolutely In Love With Tinkerbell. Her Goal Is To Start A Cupcake Business.
-An Apron Or Oven Mittens.
-A Tinkerbell Charm Bracelet.
- Cupcake Decorating Kit.
- Ipod Holder

My Middle Sister:
Shes 36. I Always Call Her A Handy Man. If You Cant Fix It Then Thats The Person You Can. She Has A Different Sense Of Style. Her Kitchen Theme Is Apples. She Has Really Long Thick Dreads.
Allergies-She Cant Wear Anything Gold. It Gives Her Alligator Skin.
-Hanging Towels For Her Kitchen.
-A Hoopla With Apples On It.
-T-Shirt With Funny Saying On It.. PM For Size.

My Aunt Michelle:
-Humming Bird Wall-Art.
-A Purse, She Love Big Purses.
-This Is Huge But A Quilt

My Aunt Ellise:
-She's Been Really Wanting A Denim Purse
-I'm Working On A Granny Daughter Blanket, So Granny Daughters Will Be Useful And Appreciated.

For My Close Cousins:
Jacob- He Just Turned One And He's So Cute! I Call Him My Little Tonka Truck. I'd Love A Tonka Truck Stuffie For Him
Syd- She's 16 And Needs Something To Keep Her Room Organized.

I'll Update My List If Needed.
Thanks In Advance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Any quilters interested in a personal swap?
missmlissa
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011 02:42:57 PM »

I claim sweety28303 for a cupcake decorating kit!

1-0-0

I'm Melissa and this is my first claim.  I'm a 31 year old stay at home mom of what has to be the craziest 2 1/2 year old in the world!  I live in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.  I'm looking for gifts for my son, SO, MIL, FIL, nieces, nephew, godson and goddaughter, their mom and various gift tags, bags, stockings or stocking stuffers.

Son: no allergies
I have a pinterest board for him: http://pinterest.com/miss_mlissa/things-for-my-monster/
He loves wrestling and luchadors, Up, Diego, Dinosaurs
Some things he might like:
-superhero cape
-case or bag for his wrestlers
-luchador mask

My Significant other: no allergies
He also loves wrestling and luchadors, Star Trek, Star Wars, cycling, horror movies, Bruce Campbell, bowling, beer vespas, mod culture, the Phantom of the Paradise and music especially ska, metal, Radiohead, Beirut, Pink Floyd  
-luchador mask balaclava like in Debbie Stoller's Son of stitch'n'bitch (which I have and can get the pattern to you - I already tried it but my intarsia needs some work).
-bowling shirts
-pinback buttons
-http://www.capcom-unity.com/bigmex/blog/2008/08/12/how_to_make_a_lucha_libre_mask_out_of_a_tee_shirt
- http://pinterest.com/miss_mlissa/for-the-boys/

Mother-in-law:no allergies
Loves CSI, Criminal Minds and the Waltons and her grandbabies.  
-kitchen accessories like crochet dish cloths or towels
-reusable shopping bags
-"Gramma" stuff

Father-in-law:no allergies
Loves family trees, the Toronto Maple Leafs, cameras
-a personalized camera strap
-Family tree wall art
-Blue and white scarf, mitts, gloves or hat

2 1/2 year old and 8 year old Nieces:no allergies
-Barbie tent
-barbie clothes
-baby Alive clothes
-Jewelry or jewelry display things
- http://pinterest.com/miss_mlissa/the-girls/

6 year old Nephew:no allergies
-Nintendo ds case
-Lego themed things
-Star Wars themed things

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011 07:35:15 AM by missmlissa » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Helena Puck

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011 11:19:19 AM »

I claim missmlissa for a DS Game Case!

This is my first claim and second swap. If I get confused, please let me know.

I'm highly allergic to smoke 

Here is my list:

Useful Schnauzer themed items

Crocheted or Sewn Plush:
Plushy Kirby
Penguin plush
Jack Skellington
Spider-Man
C3PO
R2D2
Other Star Wars characters

Anything- C3PO, Kirby, penguins, Spider-Man, and Jack the pumpkin king, Superheroes, skeleton, pixar characters/ Toy Story, Harry Potter, Aliens, Phineas and Ferb, Perry the Platypus

Lego blocks and lego people crayons

Something for a two year old with a Disney Princess theme

Something for an adult Santa Collector

Cincinnati Red and/or Jets themed items

Something for a gun enthusiast

Something Miami Dolphins for men (maybe a grill apron)

Wonder Woman Apron

Vendor Apron

Snake ornament or something with a Blood Python for my uncle who raises snakes

Something with a Kansas/Dorothy's red slippers theme like a tote bag

University of Kentucky purse- something like this or smaller. doesn't have to be quilted http://www.etsy.com/listing/73972359/uk-wildcats-purse-with-free-shipping
University of Kentucky themed items for men or women
Lipbalm variety pack for teachers/stocking stuffers. Any flavors

Gift card holders for men

Mouse Ornament

Candles

Men's t-shirts:
Big Bang Theory/ anything Sheldon wears
Superhero
Flash Gordon
Robot
Boardgame/eurogame themed
War chit
Forbidden Planet Poster shirt
Piratey

Anything She-Ra, Smurfs, or Spock

Homemade Candy
Peg Dolls or Nesting Dolls

Batman and Robin big brother, little brother shirts: http://pinterest.com/pin/80811357/

A Gnome

Superhero capes

Here's my wist list too http://wists.com/helenapuck
and pinterest http://pinterest.com/helenapuck/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011 06:00:40 PM by Helena Puck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011 06:33:05 PM »

I claim Helena Puck for a penguin amigurumi!

(1,0,2)

I'm TroubleT! I live in the Atlanta, GA area with my wonderful husband and 2 kidlets. I'm a high school Spanish teacher (of 21 yrs....EEP!) and love my job! We do not have any major allergies in the house other than my honey allergy so don't send me any granola or pour it over my package please. Wink

General dcor and paper items

~Holiday greeting cards Non religious please! Preferably humorous

~Gift tags done in white, red or green. Simple is preferable.

~Snowmen stuffies! I decorate our house with these and I add a new one or two to my collection every year! A handmade one would be super special. Cheesy

~Angry Birds Christmas ornaments! I only need 3 in different colors for our annual family ornaments.

~Some way to display Holiday cards like a hanging ribbon  OR a clothes pin wreath

Husband - Computer programmer by day, awesome husband by night. He loves Fierros, cooking on the grill (think Texas style BBQ), and his dog Malia. No Allergies

~More artwork for his office Hes a computer programmer and is not at all into Fanfic or Gaming. He already has CTRL-ALT-DLT, Binary Man (done in X stitch) and STFU. Both worked in hoops and framed. Maybe something like math humor or  caffeine molecule or geeky beer humor A MAJOR HINT was given to me this past weekend when he saw the paper airplane hoop that I made for the Ongoing Hoopla. He loved it! PM me if you are interested in doing this one because I have a cool idea that I would never be able to pull off myself. Hehehe...

~a remote control organizer for his recliner (Its a medium brown with darker brown flecks) Like this but without the magazine pocket - http://cgi.ebay.com/Fabric-Chair-Tv-Remote-Control-Holder-Organizer-Caddy-/200407666078  maybe done in a forest green or black

Son - 10 yrs old, very creative, loves to draw, heavy reader Cheesy, loves Lego video games. No Allergies

~a decorated box for his art supplies - outer space, legos or Star Wars themed

~a magnetic board (cookie sheet style or something similar) in an Outer Space theme appropriate for a 10 yr old boy (no cutesy aliens please!) maybe made with glow in the dark paint?

~Lego Indiana Jones or Star Wars wall art for his room (walls are sky blue) Painted or papercraft pieced

~ A figurine or stuffy of a Greek mythological beast for his Holiday Book Box - He loved the Hydra and the Minotaur in the first PJ movie.  ORbookmarks! He loves his books and wont dog ear pages (YAY!) so hed like some handmade book marks, especially if it had his name on it.

~sweater mittens in either a medium blue or red (I can send you a tracing of his hand for this!)

Daughter - 5 yrs old going on DIVA!, loves all things pink, sparkly and princessy. No Allergies

~a magnetic board in princess girlie theme (cookie sheet style or something similar) Go completely Girlie, Sparklie, Pink over the top Princess with this! She would LOVE it!

~sweater mittens in either pink or purple (Hand tracing can be provided!)

~a scoodie in either pink or purple

~a princess plushie - I do a holiday themed book box every year and she is really into all things Princessy so her theme will be just that. Smiley

~Girlie Bubble bath! Light floral or fruit scent

~any appropriately girlie small hoopla (6" or smaller) for her hoopla wall - She already has a bunny, Pooh bear, her name and a butterfly.

My Mom - Sorry no likes, hobbies, or interesting fact for this one. No Allergies

~crocheted dish clothes in cream, brown or yellow OR a pair of crocheted hanging dish towels - Thank you craftaddiction and Miss Barbara!

~pieced pillow covers OR a lapghan since she was a bit jealous of dad's blanket last year

My Dad A proud veteran of the Korean war and very actively volunteers with the VA in helping vets get the medical care/funds that they deserve. No Allergies

~ a framed art piece (any medium as long as the design is clean, not cluttered) of a Purple Heart (He received 2 during his years of service.) OR  an appropriate Veterans Day saying like REMEMBER with an American flag. Sayings can be found at http://www.quotegarden.com/veterans-day.html

~a jar of preserves He eats buttered toast with jelly or preserves every morning at breakfast. His favorites are apple butter and peach preserves.

ME! - Check out my profile and "So You Want to Swap?" page on my blog for TONS of info on me. Cheesy I AM VERY ALLERGIC TO HONEY!

~sleep shirts - knee length in a size large, I'd prefer either cotton or flannel, a basic pattern with some sort of sleeve is perfect for me. (Please no cap sleeves. I look horrible in those.)

~an altered zippered hoodie with either a simple Buddha design or an Ohm (*MAJOR WISH* for this gift!)

~ a large tote with sturdy handles for my karate gear. I stuff my feet and hand protection, my belt and any broken boards in my bag and have come to realize that the one I have is just way too small. It would be great if there was a zippered pocket for my keys or maybe an attached zipper pouch of some sort.

~ bath treats like bath bombs, wash clothes, bubble bath, or soap. My favorite scents are eucamint, jasmine and rosemary with tea tree. Please no vanilla or rose scents!

~a memory board to hang over my craft table to help me keep up with important papers and crafty notes, preferably in "nature" colors like browns, forest green and cream.

Misc. Gifts

~Small Teacher gifts My kids have a total of 5 teachers when you include their after school program.  Were fortunate this year in that they are all totally awesome! Im totally OK with them all being the same.

~Small gifts for our 3 karate instructors. My kids and I all take karate and our instructors have the patience of Jobe. Wink

For my kitteh furchild

~A Kitty Pi!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011 07:27:19 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011 04:58:39 AM »

I claim TroubleT for some Angry Birds ornaments, some gift tags and some cards.  (And possibly something else if I can get the supplies.  We shall see.)

2/1/0

Hi!  I'm Kaz and I live with my two bunnies in a teensy tiny condo in Maryland, USA. I'm a teacher in a middle school, and I love it.  I love most any color (see my profile for the colors of my house), though I'm not really a fan of paisley, neons, baby pastels, or animal print.  I love polka dots, stripes, fun patterns, bright colors, and "comfy" things.  I love puns, good grammar, penguins, rabbits, doors and windows, autumn and reading. I have no allergies.  I'm single, an only child, and my dad passed away four years ago this coming November, so it's me and my mom - which is why my list for potential things for my mom is so long.  She's my best friend, really, and since I'm an adult now, I can spoil her as she deserves!

I'm trying to keep store-bought gifts to a minimum again this year, so thanks for helping me out!  I tell myself that it makes Christmas cost less ... and so long as I don't go near a Joann's, it probably does. Wink   OH, and I know that some of my items aren't quite a medium, but I would think the smaller things - notecards, etc. - would be something that could be a set?   Cheesy

For Mom
My mom is a fabulous woman, who is a preschool teacher and adores her dog.  (Seriously, the dog gets her own suitcase when we go on trips.)  She likes lighthouses and collects Santas.  Things to help her organize would be LOVE (mostly by me!) and she has a dream of opening her own baking business.  She is the best baker I know.  She loves the blue/yellow combination (think Vera Bradley-esque prints).  Her dog is named Prairie and is something like a Schipperke mix.  (She has no allergies, but she does dislike birds, so please nothing with birds.)

-recipes for baked goods
-earring/necklace set for my mom (she loves garnets and turquoise, not necessarily together, though! She can do more delicate jewelry and doesn't like chunky stuff really.)
-a learn to make jewelry craft kit for my mom
-a dog bed for Prairie (she's a medium sized/30 pound dog - I can provide a pic if necessary)
-mugrug
-scrapbook for all of my grandmother's pictures - there's a crap ton of old photos, of us grandkids, our dads, etc. that could/should be kept out of a box.  Or, really, a scrapbook of any sort for my mom to use.  I'm sure she'd love going through old pictures to find which fit best where!
-notebook like THIS for mom (she actually pointed out that she liked it!)
-rice heat/cool pack
-knit/crocheted dishcloths for mom - she prefers ones that are square and are probably 6x6.
-swiffer sweeper and swiffer duster reusable crocheted/sewn covers for mom
-notecards w/ envelopes

For The Relatives

I'm looking for some things for my mom's relatives, too - mostly my grandparents, uncle and his wife.  My grandmother loves maroon and Manhattans (the drink), hates birds, the color green and water.  My grandfather has a gigantic sweet tooth and likes martinis.  My uncle and his wife are very awesome people, and I couldn't tell you what their favorite colors are.  Best go for a generic 'manly' print for my uncle and something fun and classic for my uncle's wife. They all love the Boston Red Sox and no allergies for any of them.

-earring/necklace/bracelet set for my uncle's wife (she's rather tall, so something a bit chunky or daring is probably best for her so it doesn't get too lost!)
-mug rugs for uncle (he likes firetrucks, dark green/manly colors, and America), uncle's wife (something bright, but classic?) or grandparents
-wool dryer balls for grandma
-homemade preserves for grandparents

For The Kids
I've also got several small children to make gifts for this year - a 3 year old niece, a 4 year old boy, a 1.5 year old boy, a one year old boy, and a 9 month old girl.  They have no allergies of which I'm aware.

These are all just ideas!  If you have something you think they'd love, just let me know.  I'm very open to other ideas. Cheesy

-hooded towels (for a 3 year old girl who loves purple, ducks, and sheep and/or a 4 year old boy who is very much a little boy and loves firemen/policemen/cars) (Examples: example 1, example 2)
-car "garage" for the 4 year old boy for his Matchbox cars (like this or this - no need to get so detailed with the paint or anything on the first one, though)
-baby blanket (for the girl infant)
-decorated t-shirts for one year old boy (size 1-2), 4 year old boy
-library bag for any of these children
-stuffy/amigurumi of some kind for a one year boy
-soft blocks or something car-like for the one year old boy
-crayon roll/crayon tote for 3 year old niece (who loves purple, ducks, and sheep and whose birthday is on Christmas itself!)
-felt food for the 3 year old niece
-apron for 3 year old niece (with her name would be awesome - PM for the name, as it's a very unique name and I think she might like having something with her name!)

For Co-Workers, Friends, Etc.
-mug rugs
-mug cozies
-_____ in a Mug (like this or this
-ornament coasters like these for my friend, L, who adores Christmas and all Christmas decorations

For Me to Use for Others

-Christmas cards w/ envelopes (for me or mom)
-Christmas and birthday tags
-reusable cloth gift bags
-handmade gift bows (out of newspaper, magazines, film ... ideas are endless)

For Me

-soup recipes - I'm addicted

Thank you in advance for claiming me and helping me with my Christmas list! Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011 07:29:28 PM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftaddiction
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011 05:31:22 AM »

I claim kaz814 for dishcloths for her mom
4th claim, 1 in transit, 2 received

We have 2 main groups we give Christmas gifts to (other than immediate family). I could use help with this year. I have no clue what to get them, so you could make anything you wanted. The only thing you should keep in mind that most are couples and most are senior aged. I made a board on pintrest with some ideas. They are just to give you ideas; you dont need to make something on the board if you have a different idea.

-   Tiny gift(s) The tiny ones are people around town. Usually I pick up all 8-10 of them for around $20 (just to give you an idea on value). This is like the mail man and the trash guy. It is okay if they are really tiny. I am going to leave them on my list and make little goodies bags. Maybe ornaments, coasters, snack bags, cooking mixes, magnets, alerted notebooks, bookmarks.  I love the mini pie in a jar idea (though we probably have to avoid food items until we get closer to Christmas). Really, anything you can think of. I am horrible at coming up with ideas. You dont need to claim all 8. Just claim how ever many you want to meet the swap requirements, or mix-and-match with other things on my list.
-   Small gift(s) Usually we spend around $10-$20 each on these. We will send 5 of these this year. I dont actually know any of these people, as they are distance relatives of my boyfriends or his ex (he got along well with her family well, and likes to send them something small). 2 are couples, 3 are single (2 women, 1 man). All are seniors or near it, with no kids in the house. One of the single women is diabetic. If you like things more spelled out, here it is:
Small gift A Our Neighbors. Married couple. In their 60s. He is in a wheel chair.
Small gift B Male, Single. In his 50s In a band. Loves anything related to music and comics. Likes old 30s and 40s cars.
Small gift C Female, single. 95 year old. Diabetic. Partial disabled (age). Likes anything related to where she was born, South Dakota (you dont have to use that). Lives in Southern California in a nursing home.
Small gift D Female, single. 55 years old.
Small gift E Bfs ex-parent-in-laws. Married. In their 70s (or so). He is a retired fireman.

Ceramic Tile Coasters would be great for any of the small or tiny gifts. Any theme/color.

My boyfriends GrandkidsPerhaps someone likes making gifts for kids? You could make anything you would like.
My boyfriend has 4 kids (all grown). 2 are married with kids. One has 1 boy (age 6) and 1 girl (age 2). The other has 2 boys (ages 6 and 1). We could use some gifts for the grandkids (dont worry about the kids, they like cash Smiley )

Maybe marshmallow shooters for the 2 eldest?
Any soft toy would work for the baby

My Parents
My dad is disabled. Some days he is in so much pain he cant leave his bed. Other days are better. His favorite things are going to breakfast and his dog Rosita. Rosita is great for him. When he has bad days she will lay next to him all day. Other days, she is great at getting him out of the house. She loves playing ball and car rides. So a great day for dad is taking Rosita to sonic for breakfast. She is like his child. He used to have pictures of me all over his computer and phone. They have since been replaced with pictures of her Smiley He spends a lot of time reading (especially when he cant get out of bed). He reads suspense and crime novels and can read a book or 2 a night. He is trying to get more active (when he can), so he swims at the community pool and has started playing pickleball. He pretty much likes any colors (well, he wont wear pink) and anything. He isnt picky. He has no allergies but he is diabetic.

Mom is allergic to wool (it is fine if dad gets something with wool in it, she has to be close to notice it, like a blanket or a scarf). Her favorite color is blue. There isnt any color she dislikes. She also loves Rosita, but her baby is her dog Maxie (a boy). She spends most of the time working. She works full time and is taking some classes online. She started sewing a few months ago and loves it. She tries to spend every minute she can find sewing (sadly there isnt enough minutes most days). She is a natural at it. She never had a hobby before, so I think this is good from her.

-    Large lunch bag My mom takes her breakfast, lunch and whatever else she will need for the day in a plastic grocery bag. Maybe someone has a better idea for a reusable bag? Thanks kaz814!
-    Detroit Lions Vest I would love a Lions vest for my dad. He wears a 3xl. If you have an idea or something else Detroit Lions themed, that would be great too. It shouldnt take too much fabric, as it doesnt need arms.
-   Anything Detroit Lions themed for my dad.
-    3x Shirts for Dad Doesnt matter if they are sewn, stenciled, painted or anything else. He likes shirts. Any type or style. I havent seen a shirt he doesnt like. Shirts in his size are expensive and they dont have much money so he usually gets his shirts from the bargain rack from walmart (when he can find them, which isnt often). It is always the shirts no one else would wear and he loves them. He has an unusual sense of humor. His favorite was just a basic shirt that said I am Hip Hop he found for $3. He loved that shirt. Actually, he wore it out, so that might be an idea Smiley If you want themes, some would be: Detroit lions, the zia symbol, Bob Marley, his dog, humorous sayings. Dont feel you need to go by those themes. He would love anything! Those are just what I could think of. Dont let them limit you. TroubleT has wonderfully claimed me for a stenciled shirt. He can always use more Smiley
-   Slippers For my dad. He wears a 9 in US mens. Any style. He could really use them. He cant feel his feet so sometimes he steps on things around the house (like goat heads) without realizing it. Even a thin barrier would make a big difference.
-   Stickers With Bob V. on them For my dad. He puts them on his diabetic tracking sheets. I think it is his way to make a negative thing a bit more fun. And it makes the nurses smile. They should have some sort of picture (sponge bob?) and Bob V. They could be done completely by hand. Or this would be good for someone with some computer skills and Avery type labels. Thanks MareMare
-   Stenciled/etched wine glasses They get their wine glasses from the dollar store. They work fine but are a bit plain. So maybe some can make glasses with a design on them?
-   Stenciled/etched beer glasses
-   Homemade Soap  Dad loves homemade soap. He first got hooked when they got a bar of lavender goat milk soap. Since then he has tried many different types of soap (like olive oil ones) and has likes them all. Thanks MareMare
-   Fused Glass Pendant  With my picture. My mom asked for one.

-   Anything you think they would like I didnt ramble on about their life for no reason. Smiley If you got any ideas while reading their bio, (ie, something for animals or a bookmark for dads reading), go with it. My imagination limits me greatly. Dont let my poor imagination limit you too :p  If you have ideas, please, use them.

For Mags (a family friend I have known my whole life)
-   Nightmare Before Christmas wallet/holder Based on this, but it would be better if it was to hold memory cards or money (or anything else you can think of) instead of tea. Actually, anything Nightmare Before Christmas related would be wonderful. It just cant be too large. Her son, his wife and their daughter are moving in with them, so they have gotten rid of a lot of knick knacks.
-   Plants vs Zombies Plush toy(s) like this
-   Plants vs Zombies Amigurumi(s) like this or like this
-   Plants vs Zombies Bracelet
-   Ceramic Tile Coasters Good themes would be Plant vs Zombies or The Nightmare Before Christmas

For My Boyfriend Blue is his favorite color, he likes most colors (he is very artistic), no allergies. Old enough to have 4 kids in their 30s Smiley .
-   Robe He needs a long, warm robe for the winter. Something that will go to atleast his mid-calf  
-   Prince Valiant 2012 Calendar
-   Homemade Baked Goods Pies (he would love an apple one with a lattice top, any size, even a tiny one), bread, cookies. He loves baked goods and they are hard to find here.

For Gift Giving
-   Gift bags  I added some ideas to my Christmas pintrest. You can make them how ever you want; mini totes, stenciled bags, drawstring bags, paper, your call.
-   Gift Tags

A cookie/candy making kit with any of the following
-   Christmas Chocolate Mold  
-   Cookie Press  Any kind. I dont have one and I really want one. Even one of the $10 plastic ones from Walmart would be wonderful.
-   Decorator  Something like this Any brand
-   Wilton Coupler  
-   Decorating/ Icing Bag  I cant justify buying a bunch when I only need one. And type would be wonderful.
-   Christmas Baking Dishes and thing for cookies, brownies, bread or mini cakes.
-   1/2 Pint (8 oz) wide Mouth Jar Canning Jars  (the squatty ones, not the tall ones). Supposedly Ace sells these, but we dont have an Ace. 8 or 9 would be ideal, but even a few would be very helpful.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011 05:34:38 AM by craftaddiction » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Encore: Basic Menu Functionality Lesson 2
How to Create and Color Objects in Illustrator
How to Create and Color Objects in Illustrator Lesson 1
How to Navigate the Illustrator Interface Lesson 4
How to Navigate the Illustrator Interface Lesson 3
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...