The GALLERY is HERE!
Whoever said "Cute doesn't need a reason" sure knew what she was talking about! Case in point: these CUTE little monsters! The pattern is by Ellen Luckett Baker and it's FREE over at The Long Thread
. Ellen calls it a Monster Tooth Pillow, and it was created for children waiting for the Tooth Fairy. But couldn't people who aren't losing teeth (I hope!) have a few of these monsters too? Of course we could! Because cute doesn't need a reason! We call them "Hungry Monsters" because the mouth is a pocket. Cute, no?
Wouldn't one of these be a great gift for your friends (both young and old) at Halloween, with some candy in the mouth? And a group of them would look awesome any time of year, just sitting around on your sofa! And who says they have to be only 6" tall? Not me! They could be any size, any fabric...and don't get me started on embellishments...!! Just thinking of what you crafty swappers will do with this pattern makes my mind race. I can't wait to see them all!
The hungry monster is easy to make, so if you have a sewing machine, you CAN do it! If you want to see step-by step directions with pictures, please click on this link
. Come on, hurry up, fill out the questionnaire!!
Limited to a certain number of people? Yes, 40
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Additional age requirement? No
Swap Co-organizers themselves meet these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yes
- Is at least 18 years old: Yes
Swap Co-organizers will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: Yes
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: Yes
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YesDetails of swap:
--You will have a choice of one or two partners.
--You will make one Hungry Monster and one small hand-crafted extra for each partner.
--You will have a two-week crafting time, from 8/24 to 9/8/11
--You will need to visit The Long Thread
to get the Hungry Monster tutorial.
--You may visit Leslie's Art and Sew
to get detailed step-by-step directions.
- Hungry Monster gets upset with flakers so if you aren't sure if you can do this swap, don't sign up.
- Must get delivery confirmation if sending within the U.S.
- If you must send late, let the organizers and your partner know ASAP.
- Please post in this thread at least once a week so we know you are still crafting with us.
- Please post photos of the package you receive in the gallery.
If you have any questions about this or anything else, please ask your co-organizers
We saved the best for last...Have fun!
___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ __ If you want to participate, send information to both "susanab", and "leslieshappyheart"
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Hungry Monster Nom-Nom Swap
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country in correct shipping format:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval (YES/NO)
1. Do you have any allergies?
2. Do you have any allergens in your house?
3. Would you like one or two partners?
4. Favorite colors?
5. Least favorite colors?
6. When it comes to fabrics, what are your favorite patterns, designs?
7. Least favorite fabric patterns/designs?
8. What are some of your favorite things/styles/themes (vintage, cats, moustaches, nature, etc.)?
9. Tell your partner some details about yourself (hobbies, pets, profession, interests, personal style, etc)
10. What crafts do you do mainly?
11. Are there any small crafted items you would especially like to receive?
12. Are there any crafted items you would not wish to receive?
13. If there are any things that you dislike that might have bearing on this swap, now is the time to mention them:
14. Please give a link to your Wists, Pinterest, Etsy Favorites, etc:
15. Anything else you want your partner to know?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO “susanab”, “leslieshappyheart” VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE; DO NOT POST IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
4. d3v14n7--welcome first-time swapper!
8. Miss Barbara
12. Linda P
14. Britta Bear--welcome first-time swapper!
16. farmerswife--welcome first-time swapper!
18. Eclectic Dreamer
26. starfish1211--welcome first-time swapper!
29. Bunnie Boo
31. JLedbetter--welcome first-time swapper!
39. Oath Keeper
PARTNERS PARTNERS PARTNERS!!!
Please address any future pm's to the organizer of your own group!susanab's group:
Bunnie Boo<--->Linda P
susanab<--->Oath KeeperLeslieshappyheart's group: