A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kids' Craft and Swap Rnd 4 GALLERY  (Read 9759 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eeyore_witch
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2011 03:33:03 PM »

We found the bookmark!!!

Todd was over again today and he brought his book....he loves it!!! He says he's on page 58.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream ~ C.S. Lewis

I love Swaps!!
gkswife
Crazy lady with a glue gun

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2011 08:07:45 PM »

I received from Frankie (Averia's daughter) and Wowee is it fantastic!! Shocked

Here is the whole lot. A lovely warm scarf (there may be fights over this when it gets cold!), a beautiful tie dyed shirt that will be perfect for my niece, some sun catchers that will go on the window above my kitchen sink, a magnet that is already on my fridge, an embroidered quote in a hoop, an amazingly stitched needle book, a coffee cozy and a bag that is soap with a lizard in it!

I got this amazing hoop with one of my favorite quotes on it - this is going in my craft room!

This is the needle book that has the awesome skull on the front, aren't these pins fantastic!

I have a serious coffee addiction so this caffeine molecule coffee cozy is perfect!!

This is such a fun thing! It is a bag with a lizard in the soap! It is hard to see but I tried to get a shot of the lizard, the kids have not yet seen this but I expect there to be a fight over it!

Frankie - I felt privileged to be able to make you a package but I am certainly even more privileged to have received from you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2011 03:53:08 AM »

I'm so glad you like your package from Franki and me! btw, the urban threads logo on the needle book glows in the dark. Franki's idea, not mine! Cheesy Thank you again for being our replacement partner!!!

I can't help but share, the scarf was done entirely on the knifty knitter. Franki is a whiz with that thing. Being someone with absolutely no knitting or crochet skills, I am amazed at what it allows kids to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gkswife
Crazy lady with a glue gun

« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2011 05:56:54 PM »

On the knifty knitter? That is awesome! I have one but have never used it, may have to try it now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2011 06:49:26 PM »

I love my knifty knitter!  So many fun things to do with it.  Plus the only way I am able to knit Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
tapestrymlp

~Tapestry~

« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2011 11:29:26 AM »

While our swap package was delivered, Autumn hasn't been able to get it yet because of some family difficulties. So I'll go ahead and post some pics as it's been a few weeks since this was sent.

First a group shot of all the items together (more detailed pics will be below)

The swap package we sent included a mixed-media princess painting, Princess Peach trinket box, Fairy Monster t-shirt, Pokemon stickers, bead bracelet, toilet paper roll crown, toilet paper roll cuff bracelet, and a skirt I put together from 3 different bargain bin t-shirts.

Mixed-Media Princess Painting

This is an 8x10 painting. Cassidy painted the background, I drew the princess image on paper and Cass painted it with watercolors. We glued it to the canvas and then I finished it off by adding some ribbon pannels to the skirt, a bit of gold ribbon as a necklace and some gold detailing on the princess's crown. To jazz up the background a little we took a stamp, some embossing ink and brush on gold powder to make it all shiny.

Toilet Paper Roll Crown & Cuff Bracelet

Cass took a toilet paper roll tube as the base, cut it in half, and then added construction paper, ribbon and a TON of self-adhesive jewels to make this fun little crown. The bracelet uses part of the left-over toilet paper tube as the base and is covered in craft felt. Cass cut out and assembled the flowers and mommy manned the hot glue gun.

Fairy Monster t-shirt

Target has these fun iron-on t-shirt kits. You get a monster base and lots of different pieces to decorate it. Cass had a blast designing her monster and picking out eyes and such. I created the words for the shirt using my Silhouette cutting machine and some flocked heat press material. The monster is fuzzy as well.

Princess Peach Trinket Box

Cassidy decorated the box with glitter glue and adhesive jewels and she picked out the Princess Peach image for us to use. I drew Peach on and painted her.

3 T-shirt Skirt

This is the one I'm most proud of Cheesy I took three bargain bin t-shirts, cut them up and created a skirt for Autumn. One t-shirt had a Cherry Cola design, another a pattern of cherries and the third was mostly light pink. I cut the shirts into strips and use one strip for the band, added some ribbon, sewed the other strips together, gathered, hemmed and voila one twirly skirt. Cass wants one of her own now.

Hopefully Autumn likes the things in her swap package. We had a lot of fun creating them and working together!

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011 11:34:39 AM by tapestrymlp » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2011 12:15:06 PM »

That's most definitly a great package!  cute painting and cute skirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2011 12:18:04 PM »

Wonderful package! I love the skirt and the very cool painting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2011 12:44:04 PM »

Great package!  This mama doesn't paint.  Or draw.  Or anything else requiring artistic ability. lol

There is some great creativity there.   Way to go, Cassidy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkmichk

« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2011 02:16:34 PM »

love that skirt  Grin
I have some pics of what Molly sent Thomas I'll have to remember to upload them if our partner is unable to
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am always up for personal swaps -send me a message

pinterest - http://pinterest.com/shellfullerton/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Hair Like a Model
How to Do Retro Hairstyles
How to Do a Faux Hawk Hairstyle
How to Manage Wet Hair After a Summer Swim
How to Give a Head Massage
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...