A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,460
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Janome Sew Petite (I'm too poor for servicing!!Some has to have fix this once!)  (Read 1740 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Phookatep
« on: August 14, 2011 04:58:40 PM »

My baby is having some problems...
I found it early this summer in a thrift shop I saved the twenty bucks and sprang ol' Lightning from the pen (yes, I named my sewing machine before I even bought it). It came with nothing except it's needle and I had old bobbins from a handistitch that worked great. We made T-shirt recon and hair clips together.
Then it was like Lightning was coming down with some sort of illness snapping a thread here, bobbin thread not catching there until one time it was like needle was stuck I looked down and the needle hadn't down all the way,I wound it backward then forward, nope still that "stuck" position. So I undid all threading and bobbins and dusted it and tried to read very thing in the internet but since that day my baby don't sew.What is happening?What can I do?

They use an array of terms to describe things in ways, I didn't learn in home ec so I'll try to keep you on the same page. The top thread and the area where the upper spool of thread is located seems fine.  Bobbin never moves an at all now. Now here where the terms will get funky.The lower circular mechanism located under the "bobbin case" (I have heard in places that this is simply the bobbin itself and in these, this functions as the bobbin) with round opening revealing a metal cylinder (which turns as well), seems to be moving unhindered. Ever hear anything like this?I know this all sounds very jumbled, (the item names, just couldn't find a list of what Janome calls the stuff in side their machines.) but if you've ever heard of this, help a crafter out.

ROW! ROW! FIGHT THE POWER!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Any Body With A Heart Wants Love~~
purefairydust
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011 04:28:17 PM »

Okay you might have some thread struck in the bobbin shuttle, that is the part that holds the bobbin. Pull out your bobbin, then look at the clips holding the bobbin shuttle. You will pull on the knob at the top of each clip and turn it to release each side of the shuttle. This will release the shuttle so you can take it out. This will give you better access to cleaning out any threads. you will put the shuttle back in after cleaning but run a little sewing machine oil on the out edge of the shuttle and wipe with a clean cloth the excess before putting it back in. You will put it in the same way you took it out with the clips. The shuttle is the part that moves and your bobbin does not. Now put your bobbin back in.

Put a fresh needle in your machine and thread it. On the handwheel wheel there is a smaller round knob on the inside make sure you have tighten to sew, as when it is loose that is for bobbin winding and sometimes on older machine that have this, we forget to turn this knob all of the way to start sewing.

Hope ths has helped, happy sewing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewing machines: Universal KAB, Kenmore 150 385.19150090, Brother XL-3125, Brother LS-2000

Combo sewing and embroidery machine: Brother SE270D

Sergers: Sergemate Companion 5040, Simplicity Serge Pro
purefairydust
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011 04:50:28 PM »

Sorry thinking of an much older machine. But it still might be thread caught in the bobbin shuttle area of the hook race or your hand wheel pulled for bobbin winding. On the Janome sight there is a free pdf manual http://content.janome.com/documents/File/ManualFile/Inst%20book%20for%20MyStyle100%20(EnFrSp).pdf

But always remember to change your needle first when experiencing skip stitches or problems with a mess of threads at the bobbin area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewing machines: Universal KAB, Kenmore 150 385.19150090, Brother XL-3125, Brother LS-2000

Combo sewing and embroidery machine: Brother SE270D

Sergers: Sergemate Companion 5040, Simplicity Serge Pro
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Antwone Fisher Talks About A Boy Should Know How to Tie a Tie
Jimmy Gownley Reveals His Favorite Books
Terra Elan McVoy Talks About After the Kiss
Robert Ferrigno Reveals Who He Admires Most
A.J. Jacobs Reveals What Readers Think About Him
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...