A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
754 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cousin It from the Addams Family  (Read 597 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tighttights
*~*Tight Tights!*~*

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2011 09:04:49 AM »

This year for Halloween I really want to be Cousin It.  I did it once as a child and it was awesome and I really want to do it again, however, I cannot find a wig or hair or anything that looks good and covers me from head to toe.  I am not that tall I am only 5'3" so I didnt think that it would be hard, but I had to abandon this idea last year because I never found anything that worked. 

I have looked online and  seen people do it with yarn but you can tell that it is yarn and i would love if I could figure something out that looked more like hair.

I thought about buying a few of the child repunzel wigs and putting some on my head and attaching some to a skirt to make it long enough but again I am scared that it will end up lookin awful. 

Since the people on Craftster are sooo talented and smart I thought that I would reach out for some help.  If anyone has any suggestions I will love them forever and ever!!!

Thanks for reading my super long post!! And for any and all help!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy <3<3<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011 05:05:48 PM »

I gotta say, this little girl looks pretty awesome!

I say go for it! I think your idea is great and totally workable. If you can't get the right sort of wig locally, here's a couple wigs I found on eBay that are reasonably cheap:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Womens-Lady-Godiva-Extra-Long-Blond-Blonde-Costume-Wig-/380361056623?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588f49216f#ht_3307wt_1139

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lady-Godiva-Rapunzel-Wig-5-Feet-Long-New-/270773438604?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&hash=item3f0b5ac88c#ht_1098wt_1139

Both have multiple available, so you can buy two or three and save on the shipping costs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tighttights
*~*Tight Tights!*~*

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011 07:51:51 PM »

Thank you soo much!! Those look great!  Yeah I saw that picture of the little girl! She does look great!  I know that walmart normally sells curly long repunzel wigs...I wonder if I wet them or brush them if I can figure out a way to straighten them?Huh hmmm!

Thanks soo much for the response and encouragement! I am determined to find a way to make this costume work!! Lol!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011 04:18:26 PM »

I recently straightened a wig for my room-mate using this method.

I didn't use a detangler and I caught the hot water in another basin to re-pour the hot water over the wig several times. Then I blow dried it on low while combing it out. I have uber-long hair myself, so I didn't have any problems with yanking much hair out of the wig.

Your biggest challenge will be to find a stand to put it on in the tub! I used a small aluminum chair, but since you need 3-5 foot long wigs, you may need to get a steel butler or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tighttights
*~*Tight Tights!*~*

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011 05:50:15 PM »

That is soo awesome!! I cannot wait to do this!! Thank you soooo much!! You have made my Halloween!! I cannot say thank you enough!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ember_demon

fun, fearless, flashy, freaky, funky, foxy, female

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011 12:30:28 AM »

You could get a few wigs, cut them down the part of the hair and hot glue them to a sheet. it would make the hair look layered though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose a Flat Iron
How to Maintain Your Flat Iron and Hair
How to Use a Flat Iron
How to Style Curly Hair with Pins
How to Finish Curly Hair with a Curling Iron
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...