A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Work Your Theme ATC Swap Round 1 Gallery  (Read 14305 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goatgoddess
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2011 12:03:02 PM »

there was a envie too but just looked (had it with me in my tote) no bird atc - I'll look again around my desk when I get home.

Oh no goatgoddess, one of my birds flew the coop!

(there was three?)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011 12:20:50 PM by goatgoddess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2011 12:15:45 PM »

so glad you like it - it's fabric - white cotton - used a gel medium transfer tech and accented with paint and rubberstamps

http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/imageinkjet.html

only with mine I just iron on super thick interfacing to the fabric and that stiffens it enough to make the card.

I got an amazing ATC today!

From goatgoddess for my Christmas Countdown:

It's painted onto some kind of canvas board that I've never seen before. Very cool! I'm very tactile-oriented so the textures on this card fascinate me. Thanks, goatgoddess!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2011 03:28:58 PM »

That's freakin' awesome!  That's so much for sharing your process.  I'm gonna have to get me some of that film and gel medium!  Time to play!!!  I absolutely love my Azkaban.  And its up, but I've been putting all mine in the same post so you can see all the wonderful Harry Potter ATCs together (its all on page 2 of the gallery).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
mintdawn
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2011 07:51:07 PM »

from goatgoddess i received an addition for my dr who alphabet theme. its done on fabric with gel transfer medium...i think she said Tongue sounds hard but looks neat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brackish Potato
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2011 07:38:58 AM »

That dalek card is so cool! love the grunge factor!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
CuriousCoffee
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2011 09:45:33 AM »

I received from Mod35tBabe!!!  Love the zombie ATC!!!  I also love all the different types of zombies!!!

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MichellesCraftBasket
~Michelle

I wanna make that, too!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2011 01:21:27 PM »

9/15/11 - From MichellesCraftBasket

F is for Firebolt!  And here is the coolest firebolt replica on the card!  My husband and I both ooooed and aaaahhed as we pulled it out of the envelope.  The love the gradient background, too.  So cool! 

And we did a personal swap and she sent an extra!

A birthday surprise (my birthday was 9/1) and a sparklie cupcake.  I'm pretty sure it has real sprinkles on it, too.  Its coated with something shiny.  I love the backgrounds on both cards, so fun!  Thanks, Michelle!
[/quote]

Yay, Jillybeans!  Those were my favorite ATCs that I've done so far!!!  The gradient background was done with my new Tim Holtz Distress Inks....  I took the Wild Honey and Barn Door and just started distressing!  The backgrounds on both the "Happy Birthday" and the cupcake were done with my homemade misters.  I used water and food coloring in a mini mister to try to create the Perfect Pearls/Shimmer Mists that Tim Holtz also uses (but I'm poor!) I sprayed directly onto the "Happy Birthday" background, and I sprayed onto my craft mat, and then put the paper on top of the spray for the cupcake background.  All three of my ATCs started on plain white printer paper!

On your cupcake, those are real sprinkles!  I told you in a PM a while ago that I had some of your ATC out on the counter in the kitchen and husband threw it away - I had the sprinkles on a tray and I sprayed them with a few coats of Spray Acrylic, so keep them nice and not sticky and keep forever!  Anyway, husband was picking up the kitchen and threw them away.  How could he not know art when he sees it??  So, I had to start all over with my spraying and drying and turning and spraying again!  Smiley

I'm so excited you got them/like them!  I was very excited for you to get your envelope because, like I said, these are my favorite so far!  <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps!  Wanna swap ATCs??  Cheesy

I need a cover for my laptop - Can you make one?  Wanna do a Personal Swap for it?

Work Your Theme ATC Swap - Waiting for feedback!
Check out my new stuff @ http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.221243924562212.65906.147277021958903&l=7158a825ea&
Brackish Potato
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2011 03:02:56 PM »

I got a lovely geometric Christmas tree ATC from ThreadOrYarn today!

I love this technique! Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2011 07:48:45 PM »

I got a lovely geometric Christmas tree ATC from ThreadOrYarn today!

I love this technique! Thanks so much!

I'm glad you like it Smiley It's the Incire Tree pattern from this Craftster project. I resized the pattern a little to fit
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jmiller614
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2011 09:13:32 PM »

I posted pictures of cards received from goatgoddess and MichellesCraftBasket on page five of the thread with my other images. My themes are starting to shape up. What incredible work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Half-Up Half-Down Look
How to Get Selena Gomez Hair Part 2/2
How to Get Selena Gomez Hair Part 1/2
How to Get Miley Cyrus Hair
How to Get Hollywood Glam Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...