A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 307,986
Currently Running With Scissors:
400 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Work Your Theme ATC Swap Round 1 (SIGNUPS CLOSED; MAIL BY 9/20/11)  (Read 11856 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yzag
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011 07:03:21 AM »

I have so many I think I used Tim Burton and Vampires or ocean. I know I listed all my secondary themes.
ARE WE THERE YET??? Cheesy LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jmiller614
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011 07:12:47 PM »

So I am not entirely sure I clarified this well. Here is an example of a group:

Group 1:
giants - theme of red white and blue
angels - theme of ABCs of the Jetsons
dodgers - theme of New Years Eve countdown (days 1- 31)
padres - theme of B-R-I-T-H-D-A-Y letters

This means each person makes three cards total. Giants will make a card for Angels, Dodgers, and Padres. Angels will make a card for Giants, Dodgers, and Padres. Etc.

Once these groups are sent out, I would like each group member to post in the thread what they are doing.

For example, Giants might post:

I claim Angels for letter "C" of Jetsons, Dodgers for day 5, and Padres for "I".

Obviously for a theme such as red, white, and blue, you don't have to post a specific letter or number because overlap will not happen.

I can post this in the swap explanation if this makes sense! I didn't want each person responsible for too many cards as not to impose on the ongoing swap. I hoped that participants would sign up for multiple groups to make multiple cards.

Please let me know if this makes sense! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yzag
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011 10:20:00 PM »

I think I signed up for 2 groups but I can add another If you would like. Getting so excited. I hope my partners will be ok with the fact that this is my first time doing ATC's but i promise I am very creative.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jmiller614
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011 10:23:06 PM »

I think I signed up for 2 groups but I can add another If you would like. Getting so excited. I hope my partners will be ok with the fact that this is my first time doing ATC's but i promise I am very creative.

Two groups is great! The swap was meant so that each one could choose their fate Smiley

And I can't wait to see your first ATCs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011 10:25:48 PM »

So I am not entirely sure I clarified this well. Here is an example of a group:

Group 1:
giants - theme of red white and blue
angels - theme of ABCs of the Jetsons
dodgers - theme of New Years Eve countdown (days 1- 31)
padres - theme of B-R-I-T-H-D-A-Y letters

This means each person makes three cards total. Giants will make a card for Angels, Dodgers, and Padres. Angels will make a card for Giants, Dodgers, and Padres. Etc.

Once these groups are sent out, I would like each group member to post in the thread what they are doing.

For example, Giants might post:

I claim Angels for letter "C" of Jetsons, Dodgers for day 5, and Padres for "I".

Obviously for a theme such as red, white, and blue, you don't have to post a specific letter or number because overlap will not happen.

I can post this in the swap explanation if this makes sense! I didn't want each person responsible for too many cards as not to impose on the ongoing swap. I hoped that participants would sign up for multiple groups to make multiple cards.

Please let me know if this makes sense! Thank you!

i loved that you used Baseball teams. And almost all NL west.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy
Pintrest
I have an embroidery machine! If you want to do personal swaps for machine embroidered items, (or are in my swaps!) let me know!
MichellesCraftBasket
~Michelle

I wanna make that, too!!

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2011 02:16:14 AM »

Can I ask a dumb question?  What are "pin up letters?"  They sound super fun and maybe I want to steal, I mean borrow, that idea!  Smiley  It's August 19th!  I'm legal!  I can play now!!!!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps!  Wanna swap ATCs??  Cheesy

I need a cover for my laptop - Can you make one?  Wanna do a Personal Swap for it?

Work Your Theme ATC Swap - Waiting for feedback!
Check out my new stuff @ http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.221243924562212.65906.147277021958903&l=7158a825ea&
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2011 07:34:55 AM »

Can I ask a dumb question?  What are "pin up letters?"  They sound super fun and maybe I want to steal, I mean borrow, that idea!  Smiley  It's August 19th!  I'm legal!  I can play now!!!!!  Smiley

I'm pretty sure that redstar is talking about have a pin-up lady (those sultry ladies from the 50s) on a card w/ a letter from her name on it.

You should come play with us! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I'm so crafty, I make babies!  Baby Bean 2.0 born 6/1/16
lilusa
What?

Beep Boop

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2011 08:41:18 AM »

So if I specifically want 6 letters (my last name), do I sign up for 2 groups?  and at what point do I say orientation and such?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Available for Private Swaps (including ATCs)

Gallery of my crafts: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/lilusa/library/Crafts%20and%20such
Brackish Potato
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2011 09:48:03 AM »

So if I specifically want 6 letters (my last name), do I sign up for 2 groups?  and at what point do I say orientation and such?

I think you can sign up for 2 groups. On the questionaire where it asks for themes you could put:
1. first 3 letters
2. last 3 letters
and on the questionaire there's a spot where you can specify orientation and any other preferences.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2011 09:55:16 AM »

I like the way you are breaking them up. I know some themes are smaller and it would be obvious if one person did 5 of the seven cards or something like that. If you need more cards made PM me and I will join a third group.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
We Can Do It!
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...