A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,347
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: We Wish You A Spooky Christmas Swap anyone?  (Read 3572 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noturavggeek
"This is my art, and it is dangerous! Do you think I want to die like this?" Delia Deetz

I want to live 'til I die. No More, No Less

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2011 06:46:50 AM »

Do you think that Halloween goes by too fast? Would you rather have a black and orange Santa hat or a witches striped sock instead of a stocking? Do you want Jack Skellington to grace your tree?

I know a lot of people are tied up with the 13 and 13 mini days of Halloween Swaps and not soon after will start prepping for Christmas. I was thinking of doing one somewhere in between Sept/Oct and November but make it a small-medium swap, something like ornaments, stockings, etc.

Would anyone be interested? What sort of time frame would you want/size of swap? I'm thinking mail by December 1st if not sooner.

Oh and I'd be more than willing to take a crack at organizing Wink

The swap is now open!

****UPDATE***
Due to several family and swap commitments I have for the rest of August and beginning of September, Sign-up and Crafting time won't start until sometime in mid/late September. This also allows for the craft stores to get in more Halloween supplies and I know they'll probably start with Christmas soon too.

I'm thinking of setting a lengthy craft time since Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas crafting are all relatively close together. So send-outs will probably be around Halloween, beginning of November.

Given this time frame please let me know what size swap everyone would be interested in, 3-5 points I'm thinking would cover a few ornaments, a stocking, a tree skirt, etc. If this is too big, please let me know, I want everyone to be able to enjoy this swap and not feel hurried!

Reminder of point sizes:
 Large-3 points: 3 hours or more; $30 or more in supply value, shawl, shirt, project tote, apron, set of pillowcases, set of tea towels, large stuffie

Medium-2 points: 2 hours but no more than 3 hours to complete, $15-$30 in supply value, necklace, belt, bracelet, scarf, deluxe pincushion

Small-1 point: at least 1 hour but no more than 2 hours to complete, $5-$15 in supply value, pouch, stickers, earrings, bookmark

****UPDATE 2****
WOULD IT BE EASIER/PREFERENTIAL TO EVERYONE IF I MOVED THE PROPOSED TIMELINE TO SIGNUPS BEGINNING OF OCTOBER, CRAFT TIME OCT/NOV, SEND OUT A WEEK OR SO BEFORE THANKSGIVING??

****Update 3****
Hi Everyone,
Sorry for my absence. Potential future husband flew in from Ireland on a surprise trip, so I've been MIA from the craftster world.

I will be putting together the signup sheet/questionnaire this weekend, so look for it within the next couple days!!!!

~noturavggeek~
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011 04:04:52 PM by noturavggeek » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011 08:34:02 AM »

i would ... it's a bit of a push before xmas, but seeing as how my daughter LOVES halloween, i'd ask to be swapped for her. Yeah, I'm into it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
Helena Puck
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011 08:39:23 AM »

I would love to join this. My six year old son has been all over me to get him Jack Skellington stuff. At my house, it feels like we do celebrate a funny little season from October to December inspired by Tim Burton's funny and confused little skeleton guy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noturavggeek
"This is my art, and it is dangerous! Do you think I want to die like this?" Delia Deetz

I want to live 'til I die. No More, No Less

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011 08:47:32 AM »

i would ... it's a bit of a push before xmas, but seeing as how my daughter LOVES halloween, i'd ask to be swapped for her. Yeah, I'm into it.  Smiley

That's why I'm thinking to keep this a small-ish swap, as it is I'm already starting to craft for Christmas, but I love throwing some quirks into the traditional things. I know stockings, hats, etc get a bit involved, but they can also be simplified or altered and ornaments (depending) are a good small craft.

What sort of things would everyone be interested in making/receiving?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011 11:01:17 AM »

i'd be willing to do the gamut - sewing stockings/tree skirt/advent calendar; making tree ornaments; decorations for the home; jewelry; depends on what my partner would want
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
SwayingWillow

Let's start a RIOT!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011 11:24:03 AM »

I'd be so in! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in the hospital, i apologize to those who's swap items will be late, but I am not flaking!  I WiLL still send!
kuckyjune

A pox? How delightful, a pox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011 11:59:05 AM »

Depending on the timing (sooner is better for me,) I could be into this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

'Best of 2014' Winner

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011 02:08:13 PM »

What a cute idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011 04:48:05 PM »

I love this idea. Last year I bought a black Christams tree that I didn't have the heart use. My Mom died on Christmas day the year before. I want to do a Nightmare Before Christmas themed Christmas from now on. I love Halloween and Christmas is kind of ruined for me. I guess it's my way of getting it back. I feel like I've shared too much.  Cheesy Anyway. I'm totally up for a spooky Christmas swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honey Go-Go Blog ~ 222 Sunset Etsy ~ Honey Forever Vintage Etsy
Swaps:
Pendant
Altered Puzzle Pieces
Mini 13 DoH
Monthly Dotee
Molliemoo2883
Personal Swap: anyone need bottle caps?

Easily distracted since 1983!

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011 05:42:24 PM »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If we could live without passion, maybe we would know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow inside. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank, without passion we would be truly dead"~Buffy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jeanius - Alexandra Cronan on Crop Tops
Jeanius - Grace Fuller on Denim Fashion
Kerry Washington’s Cover Photo Shoot for Vanity Fair’s August 2013 Issue
3 Key Layering Tricks You Need This Fall
Back-to-School Saturday Haul with Cait Barker
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...