A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,493
Currently Running With Scissors:
387 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafter's Apron Swap; send-outs 8/30/11  (Read 10838 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2011 12:14:27 PM »

always, you lived down the BLOCK from REESE'S?
That has got to be like living in a chocolate theme park.
I don't know what it would take for me to not be able to eat them anymore...I really don't  Tongue
[/quote]
Susan - IT IS A CHOCOLATE THEME PARK, and the Hershey Mansion, and a tour of how they make the chocolate goodies, etc.  So wonderful - I would love to go back and look at everything again.  It is awesome! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

“Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...”  (Kansas State Song)
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2011 02:43:43 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Okay, you SILLY SEWISTS!!!!  You are SNEAKY Silly Sewists!!  I see that next swap do-da on Leslie's profile!  Wow, more monsters - HUNGRY ONES!!!  Nom-Nom - Can't wait!  Geeze-Louise- you gals don't EVER stop!!!!  Loving it!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

susanab
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2011 04:16:37 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Okay, you SILLY SEWISTS!!!!  You are SNEAKY Silly Sewists!!  I see that next swap do-da on Leslie's profile!  Wow, more monsters - HUNGRY ONES!!!  Nom-Nom - Can't wait!  Geeze-Louise- you gals don't EVER stop!!!!  Loving it!   Grin

You are amazing and wonderful and the silliest.
And you are NOT ONE to miss a SillSewSwap!
How cute, fiddlegirl8? did Leslie make cute or what?!!
A few days ago, there were only two...I think the striped one is a newborn Tongue
with all this talk of Hersheys, and then the Nom-Nom...I should make one this weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2011 04:23:52 PM »

Susan- I KNOW, right?!!  I have already printed out HUNGRY MONSTER pattern - but I gotta finish my block-of-the-month - going to block-of-the-month club tomorrow a.m. at 8!  And I gotta finish my prototype apron!  BUT FIRST, I gotta eat me some dinner - then the machine and I are gonna git 'er done!   Cheesy  (There needs to be a cowboy smiley face up there!!!)

I am definitely going to make those hungry monsters for the tricksters and treaters!!  Way cuter than just a candy bar!!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011 04:27:14 PM by fiddlegirl8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty-in-tally
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2011 07:58:46 PM »

so much fun hearing all the excitement. So sorry I have to sit this one out. Too much to do this month (two Nancy Drew Bags and some zippered pouches for my niece's Sweet 16 - they're her goody "bags"). Plus my little boy starts 1st grade in a week. I volunteer at two PTAs during the day so my sewing is limited to after I put him to bed at night. But I will definitely make myself one, I haven't done something for me personally in awhile. Have fun ladies!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will love to do personal swaps, PM me.

Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftyintally

Facebook Link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=676&id=1274978163&l=04d10828ed

Do Everything with Love. 1 Corinthians 16:14
susanab
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2011 08:36:35 PM »

so much fun hearing all the excitement. So sorry I have to sit this one out. Too much to do this month (two Nancy Drew Bags and some zippered pouches for my niece's Sweet 16 - they're her goody "bags"). Plus my little boy starts 1st grade in a week. I volunteer at two PTAs during the day so my sewing is limited to after I put him to bed at night. But I will definitely make myself one, I haven't done something for me personally in awhile. Have fun ladies!!!
Be sure to put anything you make on the board...for purses, pouches...and give us the link so we can see! What is a nancy drew BAG? Sounds fun. TWO ptas? I hope you leave some time for crafting and swapping during the school year. Wow, first grade! It goes too fast from here Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2011 06:00:20 AM »

*sigh* I can't do this one... The timeline doesn't work right now- I could make an apron this Sunday, and that's about it for the next couple of weeks. So, I may make one for myself and post it later to share (if that's okay).

I'm sorry you can't swap with us Cry Cry...but DO post a picture of your finished creation!  We all want to see it!!

I'll definitely post pics! I picked up the fabric yesterday (nothing on sale, and I had no coupons with me!), but my mom was with me and loved the fabric combo, so since her birthday is on Monday, guess what she's getting?  So, it looks like I'll be making 2 aprons tomorrow... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2011 11:34:38 AM »

I worked on a trial run of the pattern the last few days (it doesn't take that long to make, I just had other things going on, so I fit this in in-between) - Here's pictures of my sample apron:

I used a decorator fabric for the apron base and each pocket.  I used quilter's 100% cotton for the lining and fabric ties.  I loaned my camera to my brother yesterday, not thinking I would need it for a few weeks!  Yikes - realized last evening I needed it to post these pictures!  So-o, unable to secure a borrowed camera until later this evening, I learned how to take pics with my phone and send them to myself via email.  Whew - anyway - this pattern is so fast and fun - I already have several others in the works (cut out) as I am making them as gifts for friends.  Happy Aprons everyone!!   Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011 11:35:37 AM by fiddlegirl8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2011 12:09:59 PM »

I LOVE your apron, fiddlegirl8!  You chose some awesome fabrics--I love a limited color palette with a lot of fabric patterns--it looks great!  And you did a great job sewing it.  Thanks for sharing!

BTW, everyone will know who their partner is in less than 24 hours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
susanab
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2011 12:57:45 PM »

Well, well done, fiddlegirl8!! That is a great looking apron. Great fabrics, beautifully sewn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get Scarlett Johansson’s Full Lip Look
Beyoncé’s Foolproof Makeup Tips That Will Last All Day
How You Should Wear Your Hair For Your Wedding
How to Create A Winged Eyeliner
How To Take A Perfect Selfie
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...