A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 301,970
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafter's Apron Swap; send-outs 8/30/11  (Read 14045 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

silentblair
Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2011 11:08:10 AM »

Whatever you did "Sharalee" it worked! Shocked
Thing 1 and Thing 2 did not touch anything they were not supposed to, were patient while I picked fabric, and did not slobber all over said fabric!
I just washed and ironed and will commence cutting during naptime.

Good luck with the neck shot, chronic pain is not fun!
Although it may be years down the road, I am not looking forward to the inevitable arthritis (runs in the family) that might make me put down my knitting needles. I am trying to talk myself into thinking that with use (knitting) they will be nicely exercised and will remain healthy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2011 11:50:11 AM »

Can't wait to start cutting and sewing this weekend!  Glad you had a good trip silentblair--that the wee ones got the good vibes we were sending you! Cheesy

Keep on knitting...the old adage, use it or lose it, works for arthritis!  I try to knit or crochet daily to keep my hands limber and pain free...also, doing dishes by hand in hot soapy water does wonders...if I can push myself away from my crafting area! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2011 01:35:27 AM »

My carefully planned weekend (which included some "creative work hours" and shift trading at work) just got cancelled... I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad. Sad: no road-trip to meet an internet friend and probably not much "Get out of town" time... BUT... Happy: I now have an entire free weekend for crafting! If I wake up early and get moving... I may even get the apartment cleaned, too. *crosses fingers*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
silentblair

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2011 05:09:09 AM »

Can't wait to start cutting and sewing this weekend!  Glad you had a good trip silentblair--that the wee ones got the good vibes we were sending you! Cheesy

Keep on knitting...the old adage, use it or lose it, works for arthritis!  I try to knit or crochet daily to keep my hands limber and pain free...also, doing dishes by hand in hot soapy water does wonders...if I can push myself away from my crafting area! Cheesy

Thank you for those good vibes as well! Wink (and anyone else who sent them my way!)
Last night my daughter kept me company in the "Martha Room" and was totally respectful of sharps and other things she shouldn't be getting into. Is it finally at the age of 4 I can welcome her into my addiction? Is exposing her to the nefarious world of crafting a type of child abuse? Wink

Warm soapy water is a great tip. It's morning and just thinking about dipping my hands into something like that sounds like heaven. Sigh.
Ever since I turned 35 (37 currently) it seems my body is in mutiny mode. Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2011 09:31:48 AM »

Whatever you did "Sharalee" it worked! Shocked
Thing 1 and Thing 2 did not touch anything they were not supposed to, were patient while I picked fabric, and did not slobber all over said fabric!
I just washed and ironed and will commence cutting during naptime.

Good luck with the neck shot, chronic pain is not fun!
Although it may be years down the road, I am not looking forward to the inevitable arthritis (runs in the family) that might make me put down my knitting needles. I am trying to talk myself into thinking that with use (knitting) they will be nicely exercised and will remain healthy.

Thanks for the nice coments & I think it did help won't know for sure for a few days.  Oh so glad You had a good shopping day with your kids.  Cheesy  Yes it's so nice when they get old enough to get them involved in what your doing like crafting. Also keep knitting or crocheting it does help them keep limber. Try siwiming & really put a effort in it, I just found out that recently, & it really helped my body. Your weightless in the water & the hot tub feels so good. Have fun sewing! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

Dotee Swap Ocean Theme
Yet Another TM Patch Swap RD 5  received/

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
silentblair

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2011 08:41:52 AM »

Just finished my apron!!! Cool

I love your tutorial Ms. Leslie, and am sure it will become my "go to" apron pattern
Now on to the small crafty craft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

susanab
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2011 05:51:26 PM »

Just finished my apron!!! Cool

I love your tutorial Ms. Leslie, and am sure it will become my "go to" apron pattern
Now on to the small crafty craft.

I'm cutting--it really is a great tutorial. I'm hoping--as I'm sure fiddlegirl8 is--that it comes out really nice. (If not, it's not Leslie's fault Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
fiddlegirl8

Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2011 06:57:59 PM »

I'm cutting--it really is a great tutorial. I'm hoping--as I'm sure fiddlegirl8 is--that it comes out really nice. (If not, it's not Leslie's fault Tongue)

I'm sure it will be nice - YOU'VE ALREADY FINISHED ONE OF THESE!!!  AND IT WAS AWESOME!  I will like it, no matter what - you're just too cool for me not to!!!  See, I get all nervous when I start a quilt - or when I'm getting ready to put the back of it together - I'm all scared and stuff to cut the fabric - I'm so afraid I'll screw it up!  So I have to bite my lip, or my tongue, and just cut.  After that, I usually quit shaking and I can sew whatever I need to sew and get it done.  So bite your lip or your tongue and cut - the fabric, not your tongue!  I haven't completed the extra, so I won't mail tomorrow, but soon!!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

“Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...”  (Kansas State Song)
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2011 06:31:57 AM »

Even after years of sewing and quilting, I get cutting anxiety! Cheesy

I received an awesome box of miscellaneous goodies from a mod buddy and inside was something perfect for my extra!!!

This is definitely going to be my go-to apron gift for Christmas presents!  I am plotting the fabrics to use for my best friends...Have fun everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

little-cupcake
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2011 10:05:39 AM »

I think I finaly found the perfect fabric for my apron! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pleas visit my website at www.designwolk.com!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Thin-New York Strip Steak with Potato Wedges
How to Make Sautéed Orange Chicken
How to Make Pork Tenderloin
How to Make American Sushi
How to Make a Roasted Aphrodisiac Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
Hooray for the Red, White, and Blue
Meatless Monday: TVP Chik'n Nuggets
@Home This Weekend: Colorful Garden Chairs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...