GALLERY OF APRONS!
Hey all you crafty sewists, what’s in your pocket? Scissors, tape measure, pencil, notepad, a snack—whatever you need when you’re busy crafting—will be close at hand when you are wearing this awesome crafter’s apron!
The body of the apron is made from either home-decor-weight fabric or lightweight canvas, with quilting cotton fabric for the five pockets. I can imagine a lot of different interpretations of this pattern—this one relies on the fun fabrics for its appeal, but it could be embellished with embroidery, paint, applique, decorative trims...you get the idea.
The original tutorial for this apron is here: Creative Little Daisy
I made my own tutorial; I changed the way the pockets are made. It can be found here: Leslie's Art and Sew
In addition to crafting an apron to suit your partner’s tastes, you will also make one small item for your partner (if it fits into one of the apron's pockets, all the better!)
This apron is easy to make and will take you less than 2 hours. Anyone with a sewing machine and an iron should be able to make one. I think it would be a great holiday gift—after you have made one for this swap, you will be experienced enough to whip up a few more in no time!
We would love to have you join this swap! Sign-ups will close on Monday, Aug. 15th. Then you will have about 2 weeks to craft, with send-outs on Tuesday, August 30th. It took me a little over an hour to make the apron in the picture, but I had everything in my sewing room already--I didn't spend any time shopping for just the right fabrics! And of course there is the additional one small item that you send with the apron that will take some time. Two weeks should be plenty.Communication is vital!
Please post to the thread at least once a week; we don’t want to have to write “poor communication” in your feedback when the swap is over. Be sure to pm your group organizer and your partner when you send and receive.
Susanab and I (Leslieshappyheart) are coorganizing this swap. My name comes first because I have more time to devote to Craftster, but she is the brains behind this team! Please pm both of us when signing up.
Swap name: Crafter’s Apron Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Leslieshappyheart and susanab
Sign-up date range: August 8 – August 15, 2011
Date to send item by: August 30, 2011
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO, I’m not
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES (already done)
- Is at least 18 years old: YES/NO
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Crafter’s Apron Swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
1. Favorite colors?
2. Colors to be avoided at all cost?
3. Favorite fabric patterns? (stripes, plaid, floral, etc)
4. Least favorite fabric patterns?
5. Favorite themes? (pirates, cats, nature, monsters, etc)
6. Give a link to your wist, pinterest, etsy favorites, or other list:
7. Try to describe yourself and your personal style (girly, casual, geeky, etc)
8. Are there any small crafted items that you would especially like to receive?
9. Are there any small crafted items that you really do not wish to receive?
10. Do you have any allergies?
11. Are there allergens in your home (pets, smoke, etc)?
12. The apron tutorial from Creative Little Daisy is made with two 35” ties, and will comfortably tie in front on waists less than 32”. If you have a larger waist, you may want longer ties; I cut mine 43” (the width of the fabric), and you can see in the picture how they tie on my 35” waist. Question: would you like longer ties? YES/NO
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE. Send PM to BOTH Leslieshappyheart and susanab
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.
14. Eclectic Dreamer
15. unsuperb PARTNERS!!