A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Angry Bird Cupcakes!  (Read 2914 times)
Tags for this thread: cupcake_decorating , angry_birds , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alchamy513
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Watson's Warriors

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 24, 2011 07:28:36 AM »

When I saw this post last week, I knew I had to make some for Father's Day! My dad is obsessed with Angry Birds, so this was perfect. He really loved them, and we brought some over to my Grandparents and they loved them too (even though they don't know what Angry Birds is!).

The cupcakes are just regular box cakes, chocolate and vanilla. We used cream cheese frosting mixed with gel food coloring for the green, blue, and yellow birds, and my mom actually found red frosting for the red ones (I can never make a red frosting I like). I made the cupcakes, my sister frosted them and dipped them in colored sprinkles (shes 15, and that was about the extent of her cake decorating skills). Then I just looked at the pictures and read the post that the previous post was linked to and put them all together! Oh, and my sister made the blue ones!

We also made a cake (since each mix made 2 dozen cupcakes, and 4 dozen was way too many... actually, we still haven't eaten the 1 dozen I made) where I poured half of each cake mix in a pan and swirled them together. My sister also frosted this in the leftover colors and then she added a Angry Bird obstacle course out of leftover S'more stuff! She even put one of the pigs in the middle of the fort. She didn't like how it came out, but I thought it was adorable!

Finally, we set them all up on the kitchen table so they would be the first thing my dad saw when he came home (my mom took him out for Father's Day, they went to a concert and had so much fun!). The look on his face was priceless, he thought they were awesome. He immediately took pictures and posted them on Facebook, which means he loved them  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
slothmuffin
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011 07:46:35 AM »

These are awesome!  The yellow bird is my favourite, I think, something about the way the jellybeans look on it is just perfect.  And the s'mores evil pig fort is brilliant
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NotKnit

My best works.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011 09:51:56 AM »

Fun Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011 03:19:17 PM »

These are so adorable! I am also loving the pig fort made out of smores. Such a good idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alchamy513
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011 10:03:01 PM »

Aw, you guys are so sweet! I showed my sister what you said and she was overjoyed that you liked the pig fort!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
LucyKitsch
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011 06:59:43 AM »

My husband would love these. He recently became addicted to this game. I can't believe how much Angry Bird stuff we see now that it's something he loves. Haha. This is such a neat idea! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design a Club Flyer - Working with Text Part 9/14
How to Design a Club Flyer - Creating Your Own Background Part 11/14
How to Design a Haunted House Part 3/3
How to Design a Club Flyer - Adjustment Layers Part 4/14
How to Design a Club Flyer Part 1/14
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...