Link to the gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=390023.0
Swap name: Local Attractions
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Calabaza
Sign-up date range: 8/7//2011-8/17/2011
Date to send item by: 9/14/2011
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No. I'll recruit a co-organizer if needed.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No. International is more than welcome!
If so, which country?
Additional Age requirement? No.
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap:
Send a t-shirt for your partner of a local attraction and a crafted small that has something to do with where you live. Fun and simple!
You can choose to have 1 or 2 partners. First time swappers will be limited to 1 partner.
I may limit to 1 partner or refuse any swapper with a history of poor communication/poor swapping/late sending/etc.
Also, post on this thread or in the gallery once it's up at least once every 2 weeks. If you'll be out-of-touch for a bit let us know so we don't worry
Some ideas for t-shirt subjects:
Some ideas for smalls:
Needlebook/small bag/jewelry/etc. with a symbol from your area (I'm from Washington so I could do apples...or Sasquatch )
Notecards with pictures of your area on them
A small stuffie of native wildlife or a local symbol
Snacks/treats made with local ingredients
A small is:
2 or less hours
Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks
$10 or less
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Local Attractions
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country (as it would appear on a package):
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Do you have any allergens in your home (pets, smoke, etc.)?
Do you have any allergies?
Would you like 1 partner or 2?
What areas/regions/etc. would you be most interested in receiving things from? (I'll do my best to match accordingly)
Anywhere you really would prefer not to? (again, I'll do my best)
What kinds of local subjects would you like on your t-shirt? (special events, landmarks, schools...)
Anything you really don't want?
Would you be okay with a thrifted t-shirt? (washed and in excellent condition, of course)
What kinds of things might you like the crafted small to feature? (animals, plants, food...)
Anything you really wouldn't like?
What size t-shirt would you like?
No guarantees, but if there was a choice, what styles of t-shirts do you prefer? (cap sleeves, v-neck, fitted...)
What kind of crafts might you do for the crafted small part of the swap?
Would you be interested in sending extras? (I'll try to match accordingly)
If so, what would you be interested in sending and receiving? (a medium/large instead of a small, store-bought things/supplies, an extra t-shirt...)
Is there anything else you would like to add?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.