A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,052
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: question about a possible new thread?  (Read 1582 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thismumrocks
« on: August 07, 2011 12:42:54 PM »

I'm wondering if there is a way (and mods please move if I'm not posting in the right spot) or a want to for the "adults" to show or share patterns that are geared more on the adult side, OK so here's the skinny, quite a few of my girlfriends are lesbians and have a hard time finding harnesses for their um use that wont hurt or chaff we will keep this PG. so I found a pattern for one to make and customize, so what I'm wondering i there a section where we can share patterns for these things or not, like a um clean fetish sections lol idk, you just cant show your bits and bobs but the things you DIY-ed for it idk, it doesn't necessarily have to be fetish wear but things you made for adult fun. and patterns for it, it may sound dumb or maybe I'm just the only one that will say it but i think it would be awesome for other to share their stuff. but idk if it will work since we do have younger craftsters, who are awesome BTW! but still under 18 lol  So i thought it would be worth a shot to ask! thanks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011 03:44:06 PM »

I like this idea! Mind you, I don't craft for the bedroom, but I've seen a few "items" shared on here and the reception was generally quite positive. So I think you're onto something here!

I think the easiest way to restrict the sub-forum to 18+ would be to make it accessible only while logged in. Craftster already requires you to enter your birthdate (at least I think it does...) when you register, and an interim page asking you to confirm that you want to see that sub-forum would keep the accidentally-clicked-it's from seeing things they may not wish to see.

On the flip side, is it really necessary? I think so long as contributors are courteous and tag mature images, as well as warning people about not-safe-for-work links to tutes and such, the community can continue just as it is.

It's good that you've raised this question, however, because now the community in general can weigh in on the idea! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011 08:44:00 AM »

When you say thread, do you actually mean forum board?  (geez even I messed it up!)

Either way, you can just post that stuff here and use the mature image tag so that people who don't want to see it don't have to.  In fact, I fairly positive there's already a harness floating around here somewhere. (Yep. Here.) Craftster has never claimed to be PG so don't worry about it. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011 10:11:41 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011 07:06:13 AM »

I knda agree with both points of veiw - somewhere for adult fun items to be posted in one area is a great idea (even if won't be using it myself), and will make it much easier for people to share ideas, crafting etc and I also think that posting them in the appropriate current board, again with appropriate warnings in titles etc should be ok

When you say thread, do you actually mean forum board?  (geez even I messed it up!)

Either way, you can just post that stuff here and use the mature image tag so that people who don't want to see it don't have to.  In fact, I fairly positive there's already a harness floating around here somewhere. (Yep. Here.) Craftster has never claimed to be PG so don't worry about it. Smiley

however in relation to the 'mature content' warning please also see this discussion: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=392084.msg4665998#msg4665998 as the warning comes after the image, so not so great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011 07:26:33 AM »

however in relation to the 'mature content' warning please also see this discussion: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=392084.msg4665998#msg4665998 as the warning comes after the image, so not so great!

That's only because your profile preferences are set to show them. If you go to "Look and Layout Preferences" in your profile and change "Show Mature Images" to No, then you'll get the warning and have to click on the filler image to see the mature image.

Although actually in that example she didn't originally use the mature image tag. But I've corrected that. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011 07:27:21 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Fashion Trends from Bonnaroo Music Festival 2013
How to Pull Off a Shorts Suit
Style Crush: Jessica Alba
Dress Like Rihanna At Any Size
Kate Middleton’s Style for Curvy Girls
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...