A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,390
Currently Running With Scissors:
777 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OTT Game of Thrones Swap (Sign Ups CLOSED Mail By 9/7/11)  (Read 18386 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Saqabub
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2011 06:39:40 PM »

AWWWWWWwwwwwwwww!!!!  I was hoping for early partners!!!!

Just started reading Feast for Crows - really wish I could reach the first three books so I could read them again first - damned renovations (but at least DH is painting today - so much closer to the end of this stage now!!!).

Here they are! http://www.onread.com/books/key-George-r.r.-martin (scroll down a bit)

Edit: Whoops! forgot that that site lacks quotation marks. Here's another link (you'll have to scroll down a lot!): http://freebooksread.blogspot.com/search/label/George%20R.%20R.%20Martin
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011 06:54:38 PM by Saqabub » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: rottenlittleboys
We all begin as neophytes, creating things that threaten to eat us or grow wildly on us without our say-so...

I have a wist! http://www.wists.com/Saqabub
But my pintrest is better! http://pinterest.com/saqabub/
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2011 08:23:25 PM »

No no, I physically have the books already and have read them, but I cannot reach them because of  the renovations we are doing to our home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Bobomom
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2011 09:26:05 PM »

I just started reading Clash of Kings.  My husband and I started watching the series when it came out, and I've been reading the books. I hope this swap fills up soon so we can get partners!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scriblette

Lackadaisical - something about missing flowers?

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2011 04:03:03 AM »

I just finished ADwD, after waiting on it for two years (didn't have it as bad as some)! And now he's supposed to wait until 2012 to even start Winds of Winter, arrrgg.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Who run the world (in upper economic classes in developed nations without religious laws forbidding them to do so)?
-Girls?

Wists
squire_inaria
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2011 07:45:52 AM »

I just hope he doesn't turn into another Robert Jordan (Albeit a much better one!). I told my husband for years that he would die before he finished The Wheel of Time and I wouldn't read them until then, and I ended up being right....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, you swap, we all swap! I love personal swaps (and I make poppets!) Smiley

Wist-y goodness

Check out my new shop; Ivy Moon Emporium[url]!
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2011 12:02:53 PM »

I was saying the same thing about Robert Jordan too - I have not even read the last few books that came out for Wheel of Time, because I was just so frustrated by how long they were, and how long we had to wait between novels.  Now he's gone, and another writer is finishing up the series.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2011 12:46:19 PM »

I was just having this conversation with an English teacher at the school I work at! Series that take way to long to come out, have to many books in them, or are just too long. He won't even start reading this series because he feels they are too long! I told him he is missing out.  Cheesy
Sorry about getting everyone's hopes up that the swap was filled. People signed up without thinking about the "must have feedback from first swap" rule. They weren't close enough to done with the swap to get feedback before we are ready to close up sign ups.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaleAngelLex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2011 12:49:48 PM »

I just finished ADwD, after waiting on it for two years (didn't have it as bad as some)! And now he's supposed to wait until 2012 to even start Winds of Winter, arrrgg.

If you read his livejournal, he's got a lot down for Winds already. You know, stuff that gets moved from here to there and what not. Not to say that any of it will actually make it into the next book or make any of your wait shorter. It did go two years, two years, five years, six years between books.

I was just having this conversation with an English teacher at the school I work at! Series that take way to long to come out, have to many books in them, or are just too long. He won't even start reading this series because he feels they are too long! I told him he is missing out.  Cheesy
Sorry about getting everyone's hopes up that the swap was filled. People signed up without thinking about the "must have feedback from first swap" rule. They weren't close enough to done with the swap to get feedback before we are ready to close up sign ups.  Embarrassed

I know those ppl. I was hoping to talk to some of them again now that the first book comes in moving picture form.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011 12:51:07 PM by PaleAngelLex » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2011 05:46:21 AM »

oh my 6 years between books!?
having said that i have read some serires where you get a book same time every year and some are just duds.
and as a sookie stackhouse fan, i have read on charlaine harris's website her response to the question "can you write any quicker?" was "not if you want a decent book!"

but then again, i am merely 2/3rds of the way through the second GoT book! so i suppose i am nowhere near desperate yet! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoboe

I'm cute and fluffy!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2011 10:44:12 AM »

Narrowed it down to a few ideas, now just need partner Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Calligraphy Art
How to Choose Calligraphy Styles
How to Do Old Calligraphy
How to Write Calligraphy
How to Write Calligraphy Letters
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...